PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood SQT Updates

Matthew328
06-27-2009, 06:45 AM
For those of you who can not make it down to Brownwood and are interested in whats going on I'm live in Brownwood and will be calling in updates to our live blog on theoldcoach.com I'll also some updates from the other 3 tournaments state wide.

Updates from Brownwood should start around 9:30ish....

Looking4number8
06-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Updates from Brownwood should start around 9:30ish....

And for those of us that do get to go, are you going to update us on where you decided to eat?

Sweetwater Red
06-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks. Does anyone know what time Sweetwater's first game is?

Trashman
06-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Any score updates yet?

Sweetwater Red
06-27-2009, 11:01 AM
The Old Coach: FROM BROWNWOOD MATT STEPP REPORTS:

POOL A
Brownwood 39 Snyder 32
Eastland 47 Winters 13

POOL B
Bangs 20 Burnet 18
Brady 39 Andrews 19

POOL C
Bandera 26 Comanche 25
Whitney 21 Sonora 18

POOL D
Early 20 Crane 18
Sweetwater 14 Ballinger 12

Trashman
06-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The Old Coach: FROM BROWNWOOD MATT STEPP REPORTS:

POOL A
Brownwood 39 Snyder 32
Eastland 47 Winters 13

POOL B
Bangs 20 Burnet 18
Brady 39 Andrews 19

POOL C
Bandera 26 Comanche 25
Whitney 21 Sonora 18

POOL D
Early 20 Crane 18
Sweetwater 14 Ballinger 12

Thanks Red! Got Daddy duty today, while the wife decorates a cake. :(

Sweetwater Red
06-27-2009, 11:16 AM
BROWNWOOD UPDATE FROM MATTHEW STEPP

Game 2:

Pool A
Brownwood 39 Winters 8
Snyder 50 Eastland 41

Pool B:
Burnett 40 Andrews 13
Bangs 27 Brady 22

Pool C:
Bandera 30 Sonora 27

Whitney 32 Comanche 20

Pool D:

Crane 27 Ballinger 19

Early 14 Sweetwater 7

Sweetwater Red
06-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Sweetwater is 1-1. So I guess they need Ballinger to beat Early and then they would have to beat Crane by x number of points to advance???

Sweetwater Red
06-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Big E:
Halftime Scores from Brownwood - From Matthew Stepp

Pool A:
Brownwood 13 Eastland 13
Snyder 28 Winters 0

Pool B:
Burnett 20 Brady 8
Andrews 9 Bangs 6 - An interception in the endzone where there was a lateral attempt on the play and the player was downed in the endzone resulting in only the 2nd safety this year - that I have seen

Pool C:
Bandera 26 Whitney 7
Sonora 20 Comanche 14

Pool D:
Crane 12 Sweetwater 6
Ballinger 12 Early 6

Let's go Sweetwater and uh.....Ballinger!:D

Sweetwater Red
06-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Sweetwater is 1-1. So I guess they need Ballinger to beat Early and then they would have to beat Crane by x number of points to advance???

As explained to me on the old coach.:(

Big E: Sweetwater Red,

Sweetwater can not advance regardless of the outcome between Ballinger and Early. Early is 2-0 and Ballinger is 0-2 while Sweetwater is 1-1. I just got off the phone with Little Matt and he stated that Sweetwater would lose the head-2-head tiebreaker.

R1Editor
06-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Big E:
Brownwood update from Mattt Stepp

Pool A
Brownwood 39
Eastland 23

Snyder 41
Winters 12

SNYDER ADVANCES

Pool B

Brady 28

Burnett 20

Bangs 27

Andrews 22

BANGS ADVANCES

Pool C

Bandera 42

Whitney 19

Comanche 41

Sonora 32

WHITNEY ADVANCES

Pool D

Crane 26

Sweetwater 20

Early 20

Ballinger 18

EARLY ADVANCES

SEMIFINAL GAMES

Snyder vs. Bangs
Whitney vs. Early

R1Editor
06-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Big E:
Halftime Updates from Brownwood

Haltime

Bangs 15, Snyder 14

Whitney 14, Early 6

Sweetwater Red
06-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Big E:
Update from Brownwood - Final Scores (Semifinals)

Snyder 32

Bangs 21

Whitney 28

Early 14

Snyder outscored Bangs 12 - 0 in the final 10 minutes to come away with the victory

Snyder and Whitney advance

bwdlionfan
06-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Snyder beat Whitney for the championship 34-19.

Matthew328
06-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Sweetwater was pretty good on D but they were ATROCIOUS (sp?) on offense...if they keep playing next year I imagine they'll be pretty good

Matthew328
06-27-2009, 06:37 PM
One thing I notice about Brownwood is how young they are, only starting two seniors from Coach Shipley told me...if those young kids grow up some this year watch out in 2010...

Sweetwater Red
06-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the insight on Sweetwater's performance 328...I think. Lol

But I have two questions. How do you think Snyder will compete and the state tourney? I as this because I going to have to root for them...Blah, Ugh, and gag. Also who is Big E? He did a good job of playing 'middle man' on the old coach.

Matthew328
06-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Sweetwater I thought for their first time playing did well...you can tell its going to be an adjustment for them with a more wide open attack....I am hoping they come back next year and compete because they have the kids to make to A&M

Snyder is a decent 7 on 7 team and they are still learning...they keep improving every week...I think they have a good shot at getting to the winners bracket because of their above average talent and they've got good depth and that'll help in the heat....this will be a great bonding experience for their kids...

Big E is Eric Larrow, he's usually out at tournaments and The Old Coach posts updates but since the schedule this week was ligt he stepped up with the blog...

We'll have something very similar at the State Tournament also

Sweetwater Red
06-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Sweetwater I thought for their first time playing did well...you can tell its going to be an adjustment for them with a more wide open attack....I am hoping they come back next year and compete because they have the kids to make to A&M

Snyder is a decent 7 on 7 team and they are still learning...they keep improving every week...I think they have a good shot at getting to the winners bracket because of their above average talent and they've got good depth and that'll help in the heat....this will be a great bonding experience for their kids...

Big E is Eric Larrow, he's usually out at tournaments and The Old Coach posts updates but since the schedule this week was ligt he stepped up with the blog...

We'll have something very similar at the State Tournament also

Good deal thanks.

Snydertigersrul
06-27-2009, 09:05 PM
WAY TO GO TIGERS!!! HEY SWEETWATER RED, WHO DOES SWEETWATER PLAY FIRST AT THE STATE TOURNAMENT???

:D

LH Panther Mom
06-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
WAY TO GO TIGERS!!! HEY SWEETWATER RED, WHO DOES SWEETWATER PLAY FIRST AT THE STATE TOURNAMENT???

Beat them in October when it matters, then let's talk. :devil:

(Sorry cr180t & Hops...)

cr180t
06-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the insight on Sweetwater's performance 328...I think. Lol

But I have two questions. How do you think Snyder will compete and the state tourney? I as this because I going to have to root for them...Blah, Ugh, and gag. Also who is Big E? He did a good job of playing 'middle man' on the old coach.

Thanks for pulling for us. Really we do appreciate it

Sweetwater Red
06-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Deb thanks for saving me the trouble and coach no problem. I just hope ya'll don't get shipped west again after next realignment.:D

bwdlionfan
06-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

You do understand that the only reason Snyder advanced out of pool play is because Brownwood had already clinched a birth in the state tournament.... Snyder didn't even win their pool.

DaHop72
06-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
You do understand that the only reason Snyder advanced out of pool play is because Brownwood had already clinched a birth in the state tournament.... Snyder didn't even win their pool. :thinking: :thinking: And I'm sure we are the only team that this has happened to in 7 on 7 this year. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cr180t
06-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Deb thanks for saving me the trouble and coach no problem. I just hope ya'll don't get shipped west again after next realignment.:D

Yea I know. I am sure we will both be in the District so if we go I am sure you guys will to. What do I know though.

cr180t
06-28-2009, 09:24 AM
You do understand that the only reason Snyder advanced out of pool play is because Brownwood had already clinched a birth in the state tournament.... Snyder didn't even win their pool.

True- The Lions looked good.

LH Panther Mom
06-28-2009, 09:36 AM
I just hope ya'll don't get shipped west again after next realignment.:D
Maybe they'll send us North next time to beef up Region II. :devil: ;)

Looking4number8
06-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by cr180t
True- The Lions looked good.

I thought we looked "OK" for a while but did not handle the heat very well the later it got. Had to really make some plays to beat Eastland. I will tell you who did look good and that was Jaxon Shipley... the boy has some hands!!!

Sweetwater Red
06-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe they'll send us North next time to beef up Region II. :devil: ;)

I think ya'll are just fine where you are at. But you are right.
Region II has three or four good teams and that's about it.:stirpot:

kaide06
06-28-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm sorry, I can't seem to remember - how many Region I teams played for a state title last year and how many Region II teams?

DaHop72
06-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by kaide06
I'm sorry, I can't seem to remember - how many Region I teams played for a state title last year and how many Region II teams? :doh: :doh: Looks like another orange koolaid drinker. :devil:

Rabid Cougar
06-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Snyder beat Whitney for the championship 34-19.

Whitney making it to the finals does not speak well of the teams that did not make it.

Sweetwater Red
06-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Rabid Cougar I'm guessing that your opinion is based on the results of the football team. I don't know much about 7 on 7. But I've figured out enough to realize that it is a completely different type of competition.

bwdlionfan
06-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Whitney making it to the finals does not speak well of the teams that did not make it.

Brownwood beat Whitney at the Arlington tournament in pool play, but I don't remember the final score.

Brownwood spanked Early pretty badly in a 7 on 7 practice that the two teams took part in.

I think having 3 teams who had already qualified kind of watered down the tournament championship.... Snyder only advanced because Brownwood had already qualified, and Whitney only advanced because Bandera had already qualified. Bangs actually beat Burnett (the other previous qualifier). So all in all, the two that lost in the semifinals were the two who actually won their pool. The two teams who advanced to the championship did so as the 2nd place team in their pool.

Matthew328
06-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

Stuff like that happens, 2-1 teams advance all the time....I recall China Spring being 2-1 at Lorena and advancing because they turned Cameron Yoe in for not having #'s on the front of their unis....

Whitney actually is a decent 7 on 7 team...they are not half bad....surprised the heck out of me...the 2 transfers they got really helped

Rabid Cougar
06-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Rabid Cougar I'm guessing that your opinion is based on the results of the football team. I don't know much about 7 on 7. But I've figured out enough to realize that it is a completely different type of competition.

Subsequent post explained it.

Rabid Cougar
06-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Stuff like that happens, 2-1 teams advance all the time....I recall China Spring being 2-1 at Lorena and advancing because they turned Cameron Yoe in for not having #'s on the front of their unis....

Whitney actually is a decent 7 on 7 team...they are not half bad....surprised the heck out of me...the 2 transfers they got really helped

What's the point of having rules if you don't follow them. Play with 8, tackle, and let the defense hold. 7on 7 has been around for a while and other teams don't seem to have problem with wearing the appropriate attire. That has been the problem at Cameron the past several years; no attention to detail. And before you jump on me about slamming Cameron or because I live in China Spring, I grew up there and want to see them win as much as the next Yoeman.

Whitney will need more transfers.

Matthew328
06-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey I'm all for following the rules, just pointing out the facts. China Spring had a 2-1 record and advanced :)