PDA

View Full Version : PK Lake

Electus Unus
06-26-2009, 02:39 PM
I will be there this coming 4th of july weekend. What should I know? Any good hole in the wall places to eat

PPHSfan
06-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Technically shouldn't it be OK lake?

If this goes over your head, nevermind.

If you get it, then you have a little bit of Grey Matter.:D

Electus Unus
06-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

If you get it, then you have a little bit of Grey Matter.:D I've never been there and don't get it. So I guess I don't have any Grey Matter. :( I hate my life

jason
06-26-2009, 02:47 PM

If you get it, then you have a little bit of Grey Matter.:D i get it....

o'possum.....

PPHSfan
06-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by jason
i get it....

o'possum.....

Of course you do. Only Double Digit IQ's won't get it.

waterboy
06-26-2009, 02:50 PM
It should be "O"possum Kingdom Lake, instead of "P"ossum Kingdom Lake.........right? What are you.....a Yankee or something, PPHSfan? In Rhonesboro, Texas (about 10 miles west of Gilmer on TX 154), we have the Possum Festival one week after the Yamboree in Gilmer. I guess us country folk should've been PC and named it the Opossum Festival, huh?:doh:

PPHSfan
06-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
It should be "O"possum Kingdom Lake, instead of "P"ossum Kingdom Lake.........right? What are you.....a Yankee or something, PPHSfan? In Rhonesboro, Texas (about 10 miles west of Gilmer on TX 154), we have the Possum Festival one week after the Yamboree in Gilmer. I guess us country folk should've been PC and named it the Opossum Festival, huh?:doh:

Well thanks for spoiling it. We could have made fun of a few folks, but now "Everyone" will be able to say they get it.

waterboy
06-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Well thanks for spoiling it. We could have made fun of a few folks, but now "Everyone" will be able to say they get it.
:doh: :doh: Oh, crap!!:mad: Oops......and sorry!:eek:

How do you get black print on this here thread like Jason did? Black ain't an option in my font colors.:confused:

rockdale80
06-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Hells Gate. Dont worry about food. You will be too busy. I am usually there this time of year as I have friends that have lake houses there, but I will be on Tybee Island instead. :)

Electus Unus
06-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Hells Gate. Dont worry about food. You will be too busy. I am usually there this time of year as I have friends that have lake houses there, but I will be on Tybee Island instead. :) Ya we're going with the Banks girls to one of their old room mates lake house.

Z-RO
06-26-2009, 03:21 PM
East or West side of the lake?

Ranger Mom
06-26-2009, 03:23 PM
My ex husband is buying a place on that lake....he said I am free to go stay there anytime I want!!:D

Electus Unus
06-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My ex husband is buying a place on that lake....he said I am free to go stay there anytime I want!!:D Bom chicka wom wom lol

and I don't know if it is East or West.

rockdale80
06-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Ya we're going with the Banks girls to one of their old room mates lake house.

haha...that is funny. Tell the older one I said hi.

TexasHSFB
06-26-2009, 09:39 PM
My ex husband is buying a place on that lake....he said I am free to go stay there anytime I want!!:D Of course he did.... but I have a feeling it's not as "free" as you think it is.

grmfan93
06-27-2009, 08:32 AM
if your on the west side of the lake you could eat at Fox Hollow. They have really good catfish...thats all i ever get. And if your willing to drive 15 min into graham then i would eat at bugers and Billiards or Wildcatter (its prolly another 5 min drive). I`m not to sure whats on the east side, i think that theres a place called the lighthouse or something. I`ve eaten there once and it was pretty good but pricy.

Ranger Mom
06-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Of course he did.... but I have a feeling it's not as "free" as you think it is.

Nah....we are pretty good friends actually. That invite was extended to my husband too. Actually, he's the one who introduced me to the husband I have now!!

Me husband and I like to go to his house when he BBQ's and watch the drama invariably unfold....he has about 4 CRAZY girlfriends, so it's always gets interesting!!!:D

Trashman
06-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Nah....we are pretty good friends actually. That invite was extended to my husband too. Actually, he's the one who introduced me to the husband I have now!!

Me husband and I like to go to his house when he BBQ's and watch the drama invariably unfold....he has about 4 CRAZY girlfriends, so it's always gets interesting!!!:D

RM; without a doubt, you are the most interesting person that I have never met, but would like too. LOL

Ranger Mom
06-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
RM; without a doubt, you are the most interesting person that I have never met, but would like too. LOL

That literally made me "laugh out loud".....but thanks!!!

I would like to meet you too!!:D

Ranger Mom
06-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Funny story about PK. When my first husband and I got married, that is where we went on our Honeymoon.

We had just got through eating at Fox Hollow and were headed back to the house. He was speeding down the road in our brand new Mazda RX-7 that his dad had given us for a wedding present....and he got pulled over.

As luck would have it, he had a warrant out for his arrest!!

When he gave the policeman his license he asked him if he was related to "George Blair"...a successful businessman who had a HUGE house on that lake, in which he replied, "yes sir, he's my uncle."

The officer said, "if you can get him to meet us up at the corner store and pay this fine, I won't take you in, since you are obviously on your honeymoon...(thanks to my brother and sister for writing "JUST MARRIED" all over our car).

Uncle George met us at the store and the "transaction" was done by the pay phones!!:D

grahampaw
06-27-2009, 09:42 AM
the brazos river authority is a communist organazation and will make your trip to PK no fun.If you go boating you will need a permit.Also be prepared to be stoped on the water and interagated.Everything is overpriced, and the locals that are not really locals dont want you there and will not be friendly to you.Once you get tired of the BS, get in your car and drive to Graham, have a nice meal and enjoy our lake thats not crowded ,and you dont need a permit to get on.If your here over the forth come to Bunger for the concert and food that the communist wouldnt allow at Possom Hollow.(even though its been there for years).Graham welcomes you.PK not so much.

Ranger Mom
06-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
the brazos river authority is a communist organazation and will make your trip to PK no fun.If you go boating you will need a permit.Also be prepared to be stoped on the water and interagated.Everything is overpriced, and the locals that are not really locals dont want you there and will not be friendly to you.Once you get tired of the BS, get in your car and drive to Graham, have a nice meal and enjoy our lake thats not crowded ,and you dont need a permit to get on.If your here over the forth come to Bunger for the concert and food that the communist wouldnt allow at Possom Hollow.(even though its been there for years).Graham welcomes you.PK not so much.

WOW!!!! Things certainly have changed since the last time I was at PK!!

ccmom
06-27-2009, 10:07 AM
I lost a flip flop and some dignity at Hell's Gate several years back...keep an eye out for em, would ya?

rockdale80
06-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw

:clap: :clap: :clap:

GreenMonster
06-28-2009, 04:35 AM
Last time I was in Graham I ate at a really good Italian place. Prices were very fair and serving sizes were more than ample. I'd go back. Is K&N Rootbeer still open??? Used to have great burgers back in the day and so did Dairy King.

Gsquared
06-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
I will be there this coming 4th of july weekend. What should I know? Any good hole in the wall places to eat e at
I might be at PK for the 4th weekend also. Hmm, sure is close to Marys

grmfan93
06-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Last time I was in Graham I ate at a really good Italian place. Prices were very fair and serving sizes were more than ample. I'd go back. Is K&N Rootbeer still open??? Used to have great burgers back in the day and so did Dairy King.

The italian resturant is called vetonis. Like you said the serving size is very good...we always take home extra. KN is still there and Dairy king is also. All good places to eat.

Johnny Utah
06-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Make the short drive to Marys, best CFS in the world.

rockdale80
06-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah

Schooners of Shiner Bock!!!

Friends have a huge ranch in the area...and I mean huge. I go every year to dove hunt and get away from civilization.

PPHSfan
06-29-2009, 01:25 PM

That is a myth.

slpybear the bullfan
06-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I lost a flip flop and some dignity at Hell's Gate several years back...keep an eye out for em, would ya?

Step on a pop-top?

*rimshot*

BreckTxLonghorn
06-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by grmfan93
if your on the west side of the lake you could eat at Fox Hollow. They have really good catfish...thats all i ever get. And if your willing to drive 15 min into graham then i would eat at bugers and Billiards or Wildcatter (its prolly another 5 min drive). I`m not to sure whats on the east side, i think that theres a place called the lighthouse or something. I`ve eaten there once and it was pretty good but pricy.

Fox Hollow makes the best Monte Cristo I've ever had. Possum Hollow has great atmosphere, but kind of pricey. And agree that if you're willing to drive, Wildcatter is one of the better steakhouses in Texas.

Been going to PK (OK) for as long as I can remember; at least once or twice a summer for the past 8 years for sure. Never been pulled over once.

lulu
06-29-2009, 04:37 PM

OH RM....sounds like my ex. We're pretty ok now but he went through 6 wives after our 27 year relationship/marriage. Talk about DRAMA. I love it.

lulu
06-29-2009, 04:41 PM

Gollee Waterboy...are we the only Redneck hicks on the D'low?
Us folk from Upshur Co. just don't talk proper. lol

waterboy
06-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Gollee Waterboy...are we the only Redneck hicks on the D'low?
Us folk from Upshur Co. just don't talk proper. lol
I guess we ain't the only rednecks on the D'low. We gotta lake named for our county mascot......Possum Kingdom Lake. Musta been some Upshur County folk that moved down there and named it for 'em.:D

lulu
06-29-2009, 05:31 PM
I guess we ain't the only rednecks on the D'low. We gotta lake named for our county mascot......Possum Kingdom Lake. Musta been some Upshur County folk that moved down there and named it for 'em.:D

I Reckon.:D :D

rockdale80
06-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Fox Hollow makes the best Monte Cristo I've ever had. Possum Hollow has great atmosphere, but kind of pricey. And agree that if you're willing to drive, Wildcatter is one of the better steakhouses in Texas.

Been going to PK (OK) for as long as I can remember; at least once or twice a summer for the past 8 years for sure. Never been pulled over once.

Apparently you cant operate a jet ski with an open container. Who would have thought? :D

They let me go though. Had to pour out the beer and slowly creep back to the dock. ;)

Johnny Utah
06-29-2009, 11:08 PM
PP your nuts! I will put Marys CFS and Cold Schooners of Beer up against anyone!! It is ON!!

pirate4state
06-30-2009, 12:24 AM
PP your nuts!

HAHA that cracked me up! A sure sign I need to go to bed.