PDA

View Full Version : How do you send in your resume?

Keith7
06-26-2009, 12:01 PM
If a job listing says "Please send resumes to joetheplumber@plumbersinc.com or Joe the plumber, 1234 Bernard St., Denton, Tx 76201," how would you send your resume? By E-mail? Snail Mail? or both?

crzyjournalist03
06-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Most of the jobs I apply for have to do with media or marketing, so e-mail seems more appropriate to me. If I were hiring for a position that required a lot of internet skills and I got a resume in the mail, I'd pause and wonder why I they wasted a stamp instead of e-mailing it.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-26-2009, 12:07 PM
If it's out of town, e-mail gets there the quickest.

However, if you're in town, I don't see anything wrong with bringing it over yourself. Shows a little more dedication & want in my opinion.

Keith7
06-26-2009, 12:37 PM
See I always thought e-mail would be the best because it is easiest for both parties, but I've been thinking lately that maybe snail mail would be better because then you assure they look at it and it kind of separates you from the others because you took the time to go through the trouble of mailing it in person instead of just pressing some buttons on the computer.

turbostud
06-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Email then follow up with a call. Be persistent. If the job is local go in person. I always go in person if possible.

CHS_CG
06-26-2009, 02:55 PM
I email it most of the time, but I will also email and take it in person as well.

IrishTex
06-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Do both to cover your bases.

Also, the trend now when you e-mail your resume is to include a video of yourself stating your goals and what you want in a position and what you bring to the table.