PDA

View Full Version : I can't imagine why.....

Ranger Mom
06-26-2009, 08:26 AM
I dreamed about Michael Jackson last night!!!

I cannot believe all the coverage this is getting!!

Poor Farrah.....her death has been all but eclipsed!!

HEY!!!! I just realized my keyboard is working fine!!!:D

garciap77
06-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
.................................................. ..............

:2thumbsup

Keep your beer bottle away from it today!:D

;)

ronwx5x
06-26-2009, 08:30 AM

In this morning's Houston Chronicle Michael has the right side upper, 4 columns wide. Farrah got the upper left, 1 column wide.

http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/pop_up.asp?fpVname=TX_HC&ref_pge=map&tfp_map=USA

Farmersfan
06-26-2009, 08:33 AM
It was said on the radio this morning that Farrah's death got overshadowed by another "White Woman"! Tacky but it was funny at the time.

Trashman
06-26-2009, 08:35 AM
You have to remember that Farrah's death was expected and that her struggle with cancer was well documented with a TV special earlier in the year.

MJ's death was totaly unexpected.

garciap77
06-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
In this morning's Houston Chronicle Michael has the right side upper, 4 columns wide. Farrah got the upper left, 1 column wide.

http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/pop_up.asp?fpVname=TX_HC&ref_pge=map&tfp_map=USA

Opposite in Abilene. Farrah has big picture middle of the front page. Michael has top page smaller picture.

Bullaholic
06-26-2009, 09:27 AM

I understand what you are saying, RM, but we have to remember that these celebrities were fortunate enough to have lived a lifestyle that most can only dream about and some good decent woman somewhere who worked 2 jobs to feed her kids for years will get a 2 or 3 line obit in her local paper and about 15 minutes of nice words said about her before she is put in the ground.

pirate4state
06-26-2009, 09:36 AM

You can't? I can! This is a nation that is fascinated by all things celebrity. Not saying it's right or that everyone feels like that, but enough of us do that the media will cater to that audience.

He was a HUGE piece of the music world and his death was unexpected.

I watched about 10 of his videos on MTV yesterday afternoon. I grew up listening to Michael Jackson, so the 12 year old in me mourns.

Still...life goes on.

Sweetwater Red
06-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You can't? I can! This is a nation that is fascinated by all things celebrity. Not saying it's right or that everyone feels like that, but enough of us do that the media will cater to that audience.

I watched about 10 of his videos on MTV yesterday afternoon. I grew up listening to Michael Jackson, so the 12 year old in me mourns.

Still...life goes on.

Ranger Mom
06-26-2009, 10:26 AM

Still...life goes on.

I was watching TV/cleaning my room/ etc. for 3 hours last evening. In all the time all they talked about was Jackson. I heard someone mention Farrah Fawcet once in that 3 hours.

Oh well....it saved me from having to hear about Jon & Kate or the National Healthcare System!!!

pirate4state
06-26-2009, 10:35 AM
I was watching TV/cleaning my room/ etc. for 3 hours last evening. In all the time all they talked about was Jackson. I heard someone mention Farrah Fawcet once in that 3 hours.

Oh well....it saved me from having to hear about Jon & Kate or the National Healthcare System!!!

Well silly, you should have changed the channel and/or turned off the tv! :p :p

BwdLion73
06-26-2009, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ranger Mom
[B]I dreamed about Michael Jackson last night!!!

Okay...I'll ask...What did you dream?

:thinking:

Ranger Mom
06-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Well silly, you should have changed the channel and/or turned off the tv! :p :p

It was interesting to listen to....I still couldn't help but feel sorry for the family of Farrah though....I think that's one reason I kept my ear tuned in, to see if they would talk more than 2 minutes about her.

Ranger Mom
06-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ranger Mom
[B]I dreamed about Michael Jackson last night!!!

Okay...I'll ask...What did you dream?

:thinking:

I don't remember the dream really, I just remember I passed him in the hall at my work and said to a co-worker, "I thought he died!"

pirate4state
06-26-2009, 11:33 AM
It was interesting to listen to....I still couldn't help but feel sorry for the family of Farrah though....I think that's one reason I kept my ear tuned in, to see if they would talk more than 2 minutes about her.

I know what you mean, but I don't know that they would have devoted much more attention to her death, even if Michael hadn't died, you know?

Yes, she was an star, but no where near as big as Michael Jackson, IMO.

All they kept saying yesterday while I was watching is "First Ed, then Farrah this morning and now Michael Jackson".

Different comedians on twitter talked about how only Michael Jackson could upstage Farrah Fawcett.