PDA

View Full Version : NCLB Highly Qualified

mwynn05
06-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Is there anyone on here who is an administrator or has the Texas (tea) requirements for highly qualified in a clearly laid out form....i swear i saw somewhere(cant find it now) on the TEA website that the requirement are that you pass the content area test OR have 24 in that subject with 12 being upper level..not AND

mwynn05
06-25-2009, 08:19 PM
I am already certified in PE and found out today i passed my 4-8 social studies test. This link http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/nclb/PDF/hq_guidance_stateversion_v5.032508.pdf
lead me to believe that i am ok for 4-8 social studies...Scroll page 21 question 25 and page 24 question 30....

mwynn05
06-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I dont think you're gonna be considered "highly qualified" unless you have the coursework hours. You can be considered "competent" but not "highly qualified". I went the opposite direction as you. I got my comp. social studies and then went and got my PE, health, and speech. You're gonna need to ask the teacher development office at your college. yeah i think im just going to take the two upper level historys summer 2...said she would hire me once i was enrolled