PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Trade

forum_guy
06-25-2009, 11:54 AM
I heard on ESPN Radio 1530 Austin this morning that there is a trade out there that would send Mcgrady, Landry, and Brooks to the Suns and they would receive Amare and Barbosa. What would Rockets fans think of that?

waterboy
06-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
I heard on ESPN Radio 1530 Austin this morning that there is a trade out there that would send Mcgrady, Landry, and Brooks to the Suns and they would receive Amare and Barbosa. What would Rockets fans think of that?
I actually think that would be a pretty good trade for the Rockets. As good as McGrady is, has he ever played a FULL season in the NBA without going on injured reserve? I think the trade would add some offensive firepower to the Rockets' line-up........and durability. I don't think the trade will happen, though.

Emerson1
06-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Good trade for the rockets. They need a center who can play an entire season. They are basically getting Amare and Barbosa for Landy and Brooks as McGrady is just collecting paychecks.

TexasHSFB
06-25-2009, 03:07 PM
I say DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best freakin trade EVER!

Barbosa is underrated and the Rockets are in some DESPERATE need of front court talent and depth. Scola/ Amare/ Yao would be a good combo.

Bring back Artest and then we'd we legit.

Starting 5.....

Not sure how Barbosa would be for a pg but....

Barbosa
Artest?
Battier/Scola
Stoudemire
Yao

Idk, we have 3 players in 2positions that are starters... Artest isn;t really a 2.... but.. it could work. I say pull the trigger. What are Amare and Barbosa's salary? I'm wondering how htis would affect the cap.

Farmersfan
06-25-2009, 03:31 PM
That would be a stupid trade for the Suns. Surely they aren't that stupid.....

Bull Butter
06-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

Let's hope they are:D

Bull's-eye
06-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

If you are looking only at the basketball side of things, I would agree. The Suns have some financial problems, so this would save them lots money. McGrady has an expiring contract & also his contract is insured. If McGrady would miss 1/2 the season, the Suns could save about 10 million. Next year his 21 million would be off the books.