PDA

View Full Version : Crystal City ?

lepfan
09-15-2003, 12:12 AM
Where/who is Crystal City and what do they have?

zeke
09-15-2003, 12:24 AM
I believe they are located as the northernmost suburb of San Antonio...right on I35...near Anderson Loop.
TF says they return 13 starters, a great JV from last year fills in, and missed out on the tie-breaker to make the playoffs last season TF picks them 5th this year in District 29 3A.

SADAWG
09-15-2003, 12:34 AM
You're thinking Universal City. Crystal City is SW of here - between Uvalde & Carrizo Springs.

<small>[ September 15, 2003, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: SADAWG ]</small>

intocable_cowboy
09-15-2003, 03:24 AM
It's actually pretty close to Carrizo Springs, like 15 miles or so, which makes for a great rivalary between those to schools or so I hear...

Crystal City Javelinas
Coach: Phil Camp
Last Season: 3-7, 2-3 in district
District Prediction: 4th (29-3A)
Returning Starters (O/D): 7/6
Key Game: vs. Cotulla, Nov. 7. If Crystal City had won this game in 2002, they would have made their first playoff appearance in over 50 years, and Sean Lorance would likely still be in charge. They didn't, and ended up staying home. This year, the game is in Crystal City, and odds are the same thing will be on the line.
Summary: For the second straight season, the Javelinas were home for the playoffs because of a tiebreaker. Sean Lorance is gone now, and taking his place is former Poteet and Sabinal coach Phil Camp. Camp has rejuvenated the community around the Javelinas, and has gone so far to predict that Crystal City will make the playoffs in 2003. To do that, someone will have to fill in for departed RB Isidro Alvarado. Randy Ramon looks to have first dibs on the spot, and has 4.6 speed in the 40. Andrew DeLeon returns at both wide receiver and defensive back, and has been all-district the past two seasons. The Javelinas' biggest strength looks to be along both lines, where four players bigger than 5-10 and 235 pounds should make Crystal City one of the biggest teams in the district.
source-Mitch Worthington of sasports.com

Current Standings: 0-2
Brackettville 42, Crystal City 31
Poteet 20, Crystal City 13