PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July plans?

Farmersfan
06-25-2009, 08:12 AM
I will be spending 4 days camping, fishing and water sports up at Texoma for the 4th of July weekend. What plans does everyone else have?

jason
06-25-2009, 08:16 AM
wednesday, july 1st - golf at cross timber golf course in azle.....
thursday, july 2nd - golf at sugar tree golf course in dennis.....
friday, july 3rd - golf at iron horse golf course in north richland hills.....
saturday, july 4th - golf at cross timbers golf course in azle, fireworks show at canyon west golf course in weatherford....
sunday, july 5th - golf at legends country club in stephenville......

bleacherbum
06-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Heading to Port O'Connor at approximately 5:01 pm Wednesday.

Txbroadcaster
06-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by jason
saturday, july 4th - golf at cross timbers golf course in azle, fireworks show at canyon west golf course in weatherford....

a shame ur busy 4th schedule will not allow for you to golf

bigwood33
06-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Texoma for me too but no camping. It's only 15 minutes for me and I would rather sleep in the air conditioning. I hope it cools off a little bit, right now it is brutal!

Farmersfan
06-25-2009, 08:21 AM

All I can say is that I hope you like............... golf!

44INAROW
06-25-2009, 08:25 AM
July 2nd - hanging out on the beach at Daytona
July 3rd - hanging out on the beach at Daytona
July 4th - hanging out on the beach at Daytona - might put on "real clothes" and go out for dinner then watch the neat fireworks show
July 5th - hanging out on the beach at Daytona
July 6th - pack and head back to reality :(

All the 44inarow familiy will be together except for my oldest son and his wife and kids :( ..... excited about seeing middle son :)

Hope everyone has a safe holiday....

Jason - Lil44 and Middle44's schedule looks pretty much like yours - they are trying to hit as many of the good courses in Florida as possible.

Farmersfan
06-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Texoma for me too but no camping. It's only 15 minutes for me and I would rather sleep in the air conditioning. I hope it cools off a little bit, right now it is brutal!

I said camping but the reality is RVing. "The A/C in the RV is OK!"
Both my boys will be home together for the first time in 2 years.
I was hoping to do some heavy duty striper fishing but it appears I might be spending much more time pulling skiers and tubers. We are staying at Preston Bend RV park.
Do you striper fish?

Ranger Mom
06-25-2009, 08:27 AM
I have no plans!!:(

We are likely to be under a firework ban again this year!!

garciap77
06-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

:ditto: :(

ronwx5x
06-25-2009, 08:31 AM

Does this indicate you will have to calm down?:inlove:

Farmersfan
06-25-2009, 08:36 AM

There's still time. Aren't you a few hours away from Big Bend National Park? In a few short hours you and your family could be relaxing and enjoying beautiful Ruidoso NM, Carlesbad NM, Angle Fire, ect.... ect......

BreckTxLonghorn
06-25-2009, 09:18 AM
One word: Staycation.

pirate4state
06-25-2009, 09:26 AM
It's my birthday weekend! Anything can & will happen! :D

Ranger Mom
06-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
There's still time. Aren't you a few hours away from Big Bend National Park? In a few short hours you and your family could be relaxing and enjoying beautiful Ruidoso NM, Carlesbad NM, Angle Fire, ect.... ect......

We will be at home pouring a slab for my new patio, so we won't be making any trips to the mountains!!

Ranger Mom
06-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Are you going anywhere?

44INAROW
06-25-2009, 09:41 AM

I'll be unavailable on your birthday - so this is your "official" birthday wishes ;)

pirate4state
06-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Are you going anywhere? I haven't decided yet. After all the running around I've been doing the past few months, I kinda want to stay home and chill, but that almost never pans out.

We'll see.

Thank you Lorey.

bwdlionfan
06-25-2009, 10:16 AM
I invited the girlfriend and her family to the Ranger game.

bigwood33
06-25-2009, 10:21 AM
I was hoping to do some heavy duty striper fishing but it appears I might be spending much more time pulling skiers and tubers. We are staying at Preston Bend RV park.
Do you striper fish?
We get out for striper fishing sometimes. I too spend most of my time pulling skiers, wake boarders and tubers. I haven't talked to anyone about the fishing in the last couple of weeks (since it got so hot) but it was really good before that. I hope you get to wet a hook and catch your limit!

hookandladder
06-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by bleacherbum
Heading to Port O'Connor at approximately 5:01 pm Wednesday.

Same here, heading to my fish camp Thursday. Will be watching the fire works on the water in the party boat.

Electus Unus
06-25-2009, 01:56 PM
going to PK Lake

piratebg
06-25-2009, 02:05 PM
I'll be in Austin helping my newly divorced mother move into her new home. At least she will be able to spend some time with my kids.

Farmersfan
06-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Texoma is suppose to have a huge fireworks display over by the islands on Saturday night. Anyone ever been to that one?

lostaussie
06-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Fajitas, beer and a swimming pool..........it don't get any better

DU_stud04
06-25-2009, 03:19 PM
sunday, july 5th - golf at legends country club in stephenville...... how about golf at canyon west one of those days? still havent been out to play, but nothing a few beers wont fix. haha

Old Dog
06-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Gona watch the fireworks from my friends ranch near Kingsland on Lake LBJ.......they really put on a great show each year ! Thennnn it will be my mission to stay out of this dang heat.

Trashman
06-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Gonna do what I have done every fourth of July for the past 40 + years. (Except when Uncle Sam had other ideas). Going to my redneck family reunion down on the Llano River. A great time if you like rednecks, camping, swimming, beer, BBQ, fishing, washer pitching, horseshoes and rafting.:D

TexasHSFB
06-25-2009, 05:41 PM
sunday, july 5th - golf at legends country club in stephenville...... Do you have a job?:thinking:

Emerson1
06-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Do you have a job?:thinking:
With a college. He gets off every major holiday

TexasHSFB
06-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
With a college. He gets off every major holiday Cool. It would be nice to do what I please for 5 days in a row, while maintaining a job too.

Antec
06-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Have to work July 3 and July 5-Just another Saturday-No plans but to maybe barbecue

Rabid Cougar
06-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Do you striper fish?

I will be making sure people like you have a safe and joyous 4th on our lakes. Worst time to even try to fish.... Holidays! Way to much boat traffic !

SintonFan
06-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Barbecued ribeyes, beer and fun with hopefully a computer generated show featuring Uncle Sam singing to "God Bless the USA".

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Lakehouse on Buchanan

mustang04
06-25-2009, 10:31 PM
i'm on call next week and weekend for this windsite here in iowa....soooo im gonna be workin

lulu
06-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
July 2nd - hanging out on the beach at Daytona
July 3rd - hanging out on the beach at Daytona
July 4th - hanging out on the beach at Daytona - might put on "real clothes" and go out for dinner then watch the neat fireworks show
July 5th - hanging out on the beach at Daytona
July 6th - pack and head back to reality :(

All the 44inarow familiy will be together except for my oldest son and his wife and kids :( ..... excited about seeing middle son :)

Hope everyone has a safe holiday....

Jason - Lil44 and Middle44's schedule looks pretty much like yours - they are trying to hit as many of the good courses in Florida as possible.

You go girlfriend.
Pool party at my house for 3 birthdays. Daughter, grandson and Len (hubby). My beach time comes 7/15 in St Thomas. Cannn't Wait.

44INAROW
06-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by lulu
You go girlfriend.
Pool party at my house for 3 birthdays. Daughter, grandson and Len (hubby). My beach time comes 7/15 in St Thomas. Cannn't Wait.

St Thomas... .yahoo...........:)

ccmom
06-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Fredericksburg for horse racing, shopping, swimming, shopping, cold beer, shopping and shopping.;) :)

Lion_Addict
06-26-2009, 10:02 AM
ROAD TRIP!!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink009.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

CHS_CG
06-26-2009, 11:09 AM
July 3rd- Probably go watch the firework show they do just outside of town.
July 4th- Probably BBQ and staying home.

87 TIGER
06-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Cozemel, Mexico. Snorkeling and lots of rum

coach
06-26-2009, 07:35 PM
im working all weekend....

piratebg
06-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I'll be in Austin helping my newly divorced mother move into her new home. At least she will be able to spend some time with my kids.

Well, scratch that plan. My supervisor lost my vacation request last week and didn't tell me until today. Now, since it is so close to the 4th of July holiday, my request has been denied. I'm not going anywhere. :mad:

44INAROW
06-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Well, scratch that plan. My supervisor lost my vacation request last week and didn't tell me until today. Now, since it is so close to the 4th of July holiday, my request has been denied. I'm not going anywhere. :mad:
gggrrrrrr

jason
06-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Well, scratch that plan. My supervisor lost my vacation request last week and didn't tell me until today. Now, since it is so close to the 4th of July holiday, my request has been denied. I'm not going anywhere. :mad: time to use the sick days...

'hey boss, i dont feel good, i wont be coming back in until monday...'

pirate4state
06-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Well, scratch that plan. My supervisor lost my vacation request last week and didn't tell me until today. Now, since it is so close to the 4th of July holiday, my request has been denied. I'm not going anywhere. :mad: ouch, that sucks. All I wanna know is did you punch him? :D

piratebg
06-30-2009, 11:50 AM
ouch, that sucks. All I wanna know is did you punch him? :D

No, but I'm still pissed. The hardest part was having to explain to my sons that there trip to see Grandma, in which they have been counting the days to, has been canceled. I watched my oldest son fight back the tears as he told me that he understood. That makes me feel even worse.

pirate4state
06-30-2009, 11:52 AM
No, but I'm still pissed. The hardest part was having to explain to my sons that there trip to see Grandma, in which they have been counting the days to, has been canceled. I watched my oldest son fight back the tears as he told me that he understood. That makes me feel even worse. awwwww :( you should have made your boss explain that he was a dumbass! :)

waterboy
06-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Dang, Piratebg, it sounds like your boss is a real jerk! I'm glad you showed restraint. I'm not sure I could've. Honestly, in this day and time, with jobs being a luxury and all, I guess I could've kept my cool, but it would've been a sore spot for a while. Hope everything turns out for the better for y'all, though. It'll be less busy on a non-holiday weekend anyway.....

piratebg
06-30-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm just pissed because the trip actually centered around helping my mother leave her old house to start over. She is going through a pretty ugly divorce right now and I was gonna give her a hand. Plus, she really hasn't spent any time with my kids and they are best distraction to get her mind off of things, right now.