PDA

View Full Version : King James + SHAQ ='s.......

mustang04
06-25-2009, 12:25 AM
hopefully a better turnout for the Cavs next season....It makes me sick nowadays that a person's true abilities and talent isn't enough to merit them the credit they deserve....they "have to win a championship or 6, blah blah blah"

Sorry...but if you took the top 20 players of all time in their PRIME (which Lebron hasn't even hit yet) LBJ would still be at LEAST top 3 of all time

Emerson1
06-25-2009, 12:44 AM
If you want to be considered one of the greatest of all time you have to win the biggest games of them all.

Big difference between the greatest player and the most skilled player.

mustang04
06-25-2009, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
If you want to be considered one of the greatest of all time you have to win the biggest games of them all.

Big difference between the greatest player and the most skilled player.

Negative.....why can't one be the greatest of all time without winning the biggest games??? ESPECIALLY when ya have 4 other gurus on your time that can keep that from happening....

IMO....championships should have no say in how good a player is....ESPECIALLY in teams sports

XtremeCouture
06-25-2009, 09:43 AM
shaq is pathetic. he has become a journeyman in search of a team with good enough players that can carry him to a championship. he needs to realize he might just be the reason why certain teams are garbage and just retire

Emerson1
06-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
shaq is pathetic. he has become a journeyman in search of a team with good enough players that can carry him to a championship. he needs to realize he might just be the reason why certain teams are garbage and just retire
As opposed to what going to a crappy team and losing? He has already won 3 championships as the main man and 1 as the side kick.

Nice logic you got there buddy.

XtremeCouture
06-25-2009, 10:36 AM
haha don't try to be a smartass. shaq forces trades after he tears a team down. that's my point. now stop trying to play internet tough guy

crzyjournalist03
06-25-2009, 10:49 AM
haha don't try to be a smartass. shaq forces trades after he tears a team down. that's my point. now stop trying to play internet tough guy

You're wrong.

He signed with LA as a free agent from Orlando.

He didn't force a trade from LA to Miami. Kobe did.

He didn't force his way out of Miami to Phoenix. Miami was struggling and wanted to rebuild, so they sent his huge contract to Phoenix for a championship run.

Phoenix came up short the last two years and he never fit into their running system well from the start, so now they're shipping him to Cleveland.

Pick6
06-25-2009, 10:51 AM
The one thing I keeping thinking about is Shaq clogging up the middle so Queen James can't drive.

STANG RED
06-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Personally I think this is a bad trade for Cleveland. Yes they needed to get Lebrone some help, but imo this wasnt what they needed. Shaq was great at one time, but that day is long gone. Dumb trade!

SintonFan
06-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Shakina is a Cav?:eek:

big daddy russ
06-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
hopefully a better turnout for the Cavs next season....It makes me sick nowadays that a person's true abilities and talent isn't enough to merit them the credit they deserve....they "have to win a championship or 6, blah blah blah"

Sorry...but if you took the top 20 players of all time in their PRIME (which Lebron hasn't even hit yet) LBJ would still be at LEAST top 3 of all time
Everyone forgets that Pippen was able to take Chicago to a 55-win season without Jordan. They still say that Jordan did it by himself, which is where everyone gets that "he has to win a championship" from. They forget that Jordan had a little help.

Emerson1
06-25-2009, 11:59 AM
now stop trying to play internet tough guy
Says the guy whose name is XtremeCouture and probably walks around wearing those shirts or affliction thinking he is a badass.

DDBooger
06-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Says the guy whose name is XtremeCouture and probably walks around wearing those shirts or affliction thinking he is a badass.
lol Douchebag clothes, you think he has spiked hair and wears D&G glasses inside :thinking:
(and claims he's training in MMA)

Big Papa
06-25-2009, 04:11 PM

negative.. although brons skillset has improved he is still just one of the greatest athletes to play basketball.. however if he keeps improving his post up game.. and jumper then he could move into all time great territory

mustang04
06-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
negative.. although brons skillset has improved he is still just one of the greatest athletes to play basketball.. however if he keeps improving his post up game.. and jumper then he could move into all time great territory

no....he's one of the best passers in the history of the game...has some of the best court vision ever if you put five of him against five of any other player throughout history, he has the better chance of winning every time

cuz if you wanted to get nit-picky....i know there are tons of ppl out there who are probably a better jump-shooter and free throw shooter than kobe who are just avg. joes cuz they didnt have the athleticism....but thats part of the game

GreenMachine
06-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Lebron is NOT the greatest of all time... and probably never will be. He is good, but calling him the greatest of all time, passes over a ton of players. Heck he is not even the greatest player of this year... that one is wearing a new ring ;)

mustang04
06-25-2009, 09:38 PM
whaaaaaat??? kobe was not the best player of the year....is everybody forgetting of who lebron has to work with....NOWHERE NEAR the cast that Kobe has.....You put lebron on Jordan's Bulls or Kobe's Lakers and there'd be championships left and right

mustang04
06-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Lebron is NOT the greatest of all time... and probably never will be. He is good, but calling him the greatest of all time, passes over a ton of players. Heck he is not even the greatest player of this year... that one is wearing a new ring ;)

oh...and please show me where on this thread i said he was the greatest of all time......

GreenMachine
06-26-2009, 03:43 PM
oh...and please show me where on this thread i said he was the greatest of all time...... Ok, my bad... not top 3 either. You said if he was on this team or that team he would do this or that... blah, blah, blah. He was on the team with the best record in the regular season... but failed to make the finals. If he is so GREAT, he should have been able to carry that BAD team that, did I mention, had the best record in basketball :rolleyes:

TexasHSFB
06-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Cleveland gave up practically nothing of importance..... so why not?

Electus Unus
06-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Cleveland has decent guards and all they were missing is a legitimate inside man which at shaq's age he is still better than the two other guys they have.