PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale - Sanger

KTownBalla
11-09-2003, 11:26 AM
Thoughts on this game...

I heard Sangers offense is really clicking..

slpybear the bullfan
11-09-2003, 12:56 PM
I'll tell ya... #14 for Sanger impressed the heck out of me. Played tough and was on the field for a lifetime. He runs extremely well, but I wouldn't fear his arm.

Childress17CHS
11-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Kennedale all the way in this one. I played on a team that played against both of these teams and Kennedale is way stronger by far.

Kennedale-52
Sanger-20

KTownBalla
11-10-2003, 09:33 AM
I heard their QB can run pretty well...he had like what 200+ yds on the ground against B'port...

Overall i heard their running game is extremely sound, and every now and then a Play Action or two.

I still think we have lots of speed, but if we can't wrap up, we'll be in for it.

I just wanna see a Kennedale - Ballinger game again.

BrainDamage
11-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Same here we could use some revenge.

Stu Pidass
11-10-2003, 09:51 AM
Ditto on the Ballanger thing.....

CatWoman
11-10-2003, 10:24 AM
KTownBalla:
I heard their QB can run pretty well...he had like what 200+ yds on the ground against B'port...

Overall i heard their running game is extremely sound, and every now and then a Play Action or two.

I still think we have lots of speed, but if we can't wrap up, we'll be in for it.

I just wanna see a Kennedale - Ballinger game again.That may not happen. We have not been playing very well and may not get past Iowa Park. I still love my Bearcats though!!

CatWoman
11-10-2003, 10:35 AM
ttt

JustAFan
11-10-2003, 11:03 AM
I hope Kennedale is careful. I saw a lot of posts on this site the week of the Glen Rose game and we all know what happened. Spend your time preparing, not reading posts. And yes, I do know what I am talking about. I have been reading this site for two years and have a close connection to Kennedale.

Chief Woodman
11-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Childress17CHS:
Kennedale all the way in this one. I played on a team that played against both of these teams and Kennedale is way stronger by far.

Kennedale-52
Sanger-20This must be a bogus post. There is no team that played both Sanger and Kennedale this year during this season.

Chief Woodman
11-10-2003, 03:07 PM
KTownBalla:
Thoughts on this game...

I heard Sangers offense is really clicking..Sanger might be playing the best ball they have all year, and just in time. Still, I think that if Kennedale plays their game they should win. However, remember the Glen Rose lesson. Don't overlook Sanger while day dreaming about a Ballinger rematch or Sanger advances and not Kennedale. Remember...hustle and hard work will beat talent when talent does not work hard and hustle.

CatsDen
11-10-2003, 03:16 PM
Chief Woodman:

Childress17CHS:

Kennedale-52
Sanger-20This must be a bogus post. There is no team that played both Sanger and Kennedale this year during this season.I was thinking the same thing. They never had a common opponent this season.

K-TOWN
11-10-2003, 06:18 PM
CatsDen:

Chief Woodman:

Childress17CHS:

Kennedale-52
Sanger-20This must be a bogus post. There is no team that played both Sanger and Kennedale this year during this season.I was thinking the same thing. They never had a common opponent this season.if im correct..i remember lake worth scrimidge aginast kennedale in the begging of the season...and..isnt..lake worth and sanger in the same district..

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: K-TOWN ]</small>

KTownBalla
11-10-2003, 11:55 PM
WEll trust me...we aren't goin in big headed anymore...WE gonna prepare and work our "behinds" off..

CatsDen
11-11-2003, 09:58 AM
one day closer to the first round!

<small>[ November 11, 2003, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: CatsDen ]</small>

archaic
11-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Take exit #13 off of I820. Go north aprox. 3 miles until you reach an Albertsons turn left for aprox 3 miles, turn left at the stop light (Boswell) road and the school will be on your right

CatsDen
11-11-2003, 10:30 AM
thanks archaic...I found the directions, but yours are better

Chief Woodman
11-11-2003, 10:33 AM
KTownBalla:
WEll trust me...we aren't goin in big headed anymore...WE gonna prepare and work our "behinds" off..That is great. You guys will be very, very hard to beat. The flip side to the coin is that if you do get beat, there can be no excuses. It will just mean that your opponent has a better team.

CatsDen
11-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Here's a overview of Kennedale's season:

Kennedale Wildcats (District 8-3A).

While Chris Morris was featured in the Star-Telegram's "Threat Matrix" article some time ago, Kennedale has gone mostly unnoticed by the local press. Kennedale was ranked as high as number 5 in the State Polls and has been part of the Area Top 10 list for some time now. Kennedale finished the regular season at 9-1 overall, 6-1 in District play. They defeated the two-time defending State Champions Everman by a score of 30-16. Kennedale has one of the most potent offenses in the state. They have scored 491 points while amassing 4,455 total offensive yards. That's an average of 445.5 yards per game and 49.1 points per game! Here's a quick look at the top 5 players on the offense:
QB Bryan Barrett 6-1, 177 Senior (#2) Barrett has thrown for 1,569 yards and 21 touchdowns. He had at least one touchdown in every game played. His best game came on 10/17/03 versus Godley. Bryan went 14 of 16 (87.5 completion percentage) for 224 yards and 5 touchdowns, with no interceptions.
WR Chris Morris 6-0, 170 Senior (#1) Chris finished the season as the District leader among receivers with 31 receptions, 827 yards, and 10 touchdowns. He also ran the ball 35 times for 302 yards and another 3 touchdowns. He was featured in the Star-Telegram's "Threat Matrix" article for good reason. On 9/11/03 he had 96 rushing yards, 128 receiving yards, an interception, and a 46 yard kickoff return. On 10/24/03 he scored on a 61-yard punt return, a 95-yard kickoff return, and a 36-yard pass reception.
RB Rex Harper 5-8, 152 Senior (#27) Rex dominated the District at running back. He carried the ball 121 times for 1,421 yards (that's an average gain of 11.74 yards per carry) and 27 touchdowns. He never scored less than two touchdowns in every game. He scored 5 touchdowns against Crandall and 4 touchdowns against fellow district playoff-bound Venus. He had four games with only single-digit carries, but in those four games he carried the ball 27 times for 448 yards and 8 touchdowns.
FB Weldon Brooks 6-0, 192 Senior (#10) Weldon finished the regular season with 99 rushing attempts for a total of 761 yards and 12 touchdowns. He also caught 11 passes for another 160 yards and a touchdown. His best game came on 9/11/03 versus South Hills. In that game, he carried the ball 13 times for 183 yards and 3 touchdowns.
TE Giorgio Bostice 6-1, 223 Senior (#33) Giorgio led all District tight ends and ranks in the top 5 (receptions, receiving yardage, and receiving touchdowns) amongst all Texas 3A tight ends. He has 18 receptions, accounting for 348 yards and 5 touchdowns, along with two 2-point conversions. He also serves as the teams long snapper and occassionally plays at defensive end.
The defense has allowed 146 points and 1,928 yards, for an average of 192.8 yards and 14.6 points per game. They have recorded 4 shutouts, including the 69-0 win over FW Carter-Riverside: Kennedale only allowed 1 yard of net offense (-8 rushing, 9 passing)! The only defeat Kennedale suffered was the 8 point loss to Glen Rose. Their average margin of victory was by 39.2 points. The defense forced 13 interceptions, including Marcos Ramirez's 4 interception (one returned for a touchdown) game against versus FW Castleberry. Defensive leaders Daniel Hemphill, JD Hill, and Kirsten Hawkins have helped the Wildcats force 22 fumbles and 47 punts. They have held opponent's pass completion percentage to 43.7% while only allowing 65.9 passing yards per game.
Kennedale begins this year's playoff run against Sanger on Saturday night. It's not too late to jump on the bandwagon!

<small>[ November 11, 2003, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: CatsDen ]</small>

Kennedale Wildcats
11-11-2003, 12:02 PM
CatsDen:
Here's a overview of Kennedale's season:

Kennedale Wildcats (District 8-3A).

While Chris Morris was featured in the Star-Telegram's "Threat Matrix" article some time ago, Kennedale has gone mostly unnoticed by the local press. Kennedale was ranked as high as number 5 in the State Polls and has been part of the Area Top 10 list for some time now. Kennedale finished the regular season at 9-1 overall, 6-1 in District play. They defeated the two-time defending State Champions Everman by a score of 30-16. Kennedale has one of the most potent offenses in the state. They have scored 491 points while amassing 4,455 total offensive yards. That's an average of 445.5 yards per game and 49.1 points per game! Here's a quick look at the top 5 players on the offense:
QB Bryan Barrett 6-1, 177 Senior (#2) Barrett has thrown for 1,569 yards and 21 touchdowns. He had at least one touchdown in every game played. His best game came on 10/17/03 versus Godley. Bryan went 14 of 16 (87.5 completion percentage) for 224 yards and 5 touchdowns, with no interceptions.
WR Chris Morris 6-0, 170 Senior (#1) Chris finished the season as the District leader among receivers with 31 receptions, 827 yards, and 10 touchdowns. He also ran the ball 35 times for 302 yards and another 3 touchdowns. He was featured in the Star-Telegram's "Threat Matrix" article for good reason. On 9/11/03 he had 96 rushing yards, 128 receiving yards, an interception, and a 46 yard kickoff return. On 10/24/03 he scored on a 61-yard punt return, a 95-yard kickoff return, and a 36-yard pass reception.
RB Rex Harper 5-8, 152 Senior (#27) Rex dominated the District at running back. He carried the ball 121 times for 1,421 yards (that's an average gain of 11.74 yards per carry) and 27 touchdowns. He never scored less than two touchdowns in every game. He scored 5 touchdowns against Crandall and 4 touchdowns against fellow district playoff-bound Venus. He had four games with only single-digit carries, but in those four games he carried the ball 27 times for 448 yards and 8 touchdowns.
FB Weldon Brooks 6-0, 192 Senior (#10) Weldon finished the regular season with 99 rushing attempts for a total of 761 yards and 12 touchdowns. He also caught 11 passes for another 160 yards and a touchdown. His best game came on 9/11/03 versus South Hills. In that game, he carried the ball 13 times for 183 yards and 3 touchdowns.
TE Giorgio Bostice 6-1, 223 Senior (#33) Giorgio led all District tight ends and ranks in the top 5 (receptions, receiving yardage, and receiving touchdowns) amongst all Texas 3A tight ends. He has 18 receptions, accounting for 348 yards and 5 touchdowns, along with two 2-point conversions. He also serves as the teams long snapper and occassionally plays at defensive end.
The defense has allowed 146 points and 1,928 yards, for an average of 192.8 yards and 14.6 points per game. They have recorded 4 shutouts, including the 69-0 win over FW Carter-Riverside: Kennedale only allowed 1 yard of net offense (-8 rushing, 9 passing)! The only defeat Kennedale suffered was the 8 point loss to Glen Rose. Their average margin of victory was by 39.2 points. The defense forced 13 interceptions, including Marcos Ramirez's 4 interception (one returned for a touchdown) game against versus FW Castleberry. Defensive leaders Daniel Hemphill, JD Hill, and Kirsten Hawkins have helped the Wildcats force 22 fumbles and 47 punts. They have held opponent's pass completion percentage to 43.7% while only allowing 65.9 passing yards per game.
Kennedale begins this year's playoff run against Sanger on Saturday night. It's not too late to jump on the bandwagon!Catsden how do you know so much about the Wildcats?

Are you a player, parent, or coach?

<small>[ November 11, 2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Kennedale Wildcats ]</small>

Catfan
11-11-2003, 10:14 PM
catsden knows their stuff....I am a parent and a fan, also I keep up with ALL 3a football, Kennedale(as someone stated in another post) has had their meltdown for the year, if ANYONE wants to beat them, they will need to play their "A" game, and I really don't see that as being good enough. As stated, they have received NO respect from the media, they are only noticed once playoffs come around, but then the star telegram does have "larger" schools to report on, but alas better for us. The silent giants, will soon be haeard and well known to others than just in the metroplex and Region 1.

Catfan
11-11-2003, 10:16 PM
one mistake cats den......Weldon is a junior!

CatsDen
11-12-2003, 07:14 AM
You're right, Weldon is a junior. My mistake. David Collins and Weldon Brooks should represent Kennedale well next season.

JustAFan
11-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Catfan
As stated, they have received NO respect from the media, they are only noticed once playoffs come around, but then the star telegram does have "larger" schools to report on, but alas better for us. The silent giants, will soon be haeard and well known to others than just in the metroplex and Region 1.[/QB]You are correct that Kennedale isn't shown love by the local media. However, maybe that is a good thing. It means they have to show it on the field, rather than read about themselves in the paper. Yeah, it would be nice for the kids to get the recognition that other schools with worse records get, but it gives the boys a chance to prove the media ignored the wrong folks. Also, it is nice to see very few student posts this week. Shows they are concentrating on the game, not the talk.

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: JustAFan ]</small>

Ladykat5
11-12-2003, 10:18 AM
All I wanted to say is good luck to both teams. Kennedale- dont get too prideful. State is still awhile away. Just take this one game at a time. I dont really know much about sanger but good luck to them too. I wont be able to be there for the game but I hope it goes well. Remember good sportsmanship and everyone try to get out there and support your team. Treat every play as if it were a touchdown.....AKA CHEER!!!!!!!!! God bless

CatsDen
11-12-2003, 11:35 AM
JustAFan, you're right that the players might find the lack of coverage as a motivator, but the media coverage can only help those that are trying to move on and play at the next level. 3A players often find that they are overlooked by major college programs. I know a lot of people think that the kid's play will speak for itself, but not if nobody ever hears about it! It takes a lot of work by the coaches, parents, and of course the player, to get the recognition and a shot at playing at a D1.

this is the way we ball
11-12-2003, 11:46 AM
JustAFan:

Catfan
As stated, they have received NO respect from the media, they are only noticed once playoffs come around, but then the star telegram does have "larger" schools to report on, but alas better for us. The silent giants, will soon be haeard and well known to others than just in the metroplex and Region 1.You are correct that Kennedale isn't shown love by the local media. However, maybe that is a good thing. It means they have to show it on the field, rather than read about themselves in the paper. Yeah, it would be nice for the kids to get the recognition that other schools with worse records get, but it gives the boys a chance to prove the media ignored the wrong folks. Also, it is nice to see very few student posts this week. Shows they are concentrating on the game, not the talk.[/QB]There is a reason why you haven't seen any players on the Down Low. They were told to get their heads out of the clouds, off the computer and focus on every team from now on. Instead of playing on the computer they should be watching film. If we lose, we want it to be by a better team. I hope that the posters on this board aren't varsity players. If they are, then that shows that they are not committed to the team. :mad:

callandraise
11-12-2003, 12:15 PM
No need in you folks being mad at Ballinger,they just went out and did the best they could.

KTownBalla
11-15-2003, 04:43 PM
today is the day...

I expect a really really good game today outta both teams..good luck