PDA

View Full Version : 6,000

charlesrixey
06-24-2009, 09:48 PM
It just so happens that during my annual rankings postings i noticed i just hit the 6,000 mark (slowed down a lot over the last six months).

Given that i have spent twelve years doing rankings and posting on message boards, i would like to thank some of my long-time friends and acquaintances:

KT2000 (Jeremy)(who started a little website called 5ATF)
Bearcat1 and Gobbla2001 (who helped start a little website called 3ADL)
Bruce
PPBearcat
Coug78
JB Cargal
B44
G2

A Thanks to all of the old "Pig" posters not named here

and to those who joined the DL after 2000-2001 when i left the crappy original to do my own 2A work (lol)

also, to the mods who i unfortunately still have not met any of (finally met kep but p4s couldn't hop over the fence)

i have been extremely lucky to have been a celina bobcat fan (the year i moved there, they won the state title, and then proceeded to play in EIGHT more in the thirteen years since-not a bad record) ;)

Although the military has kept me from seeing 100+ games over the past six seasons, this site has helped me to follow my bobcats since they moved up to 3A for good, and for that i am eternally grateful. Someday i will finally sign the 3ADL shirt or whatever it is by then.

:)

as a final word, i would like to re-iterate something i said before the LH game:

since the meet/greet plan is still up in the air, i just wanted to say that i hope to meet many you (for the first time, or for the first time in a long time) at the game on saturday

many of you may only know me from what you have seen on here or other boards, and not being able to see many games has been difficult, especially since i didn't miss very many for the better part of a decade.

i decided to come back to texas for 10 days so i could get a little more 'home' in my heart (and by home i mean football on crisp friday/saturday nights in december)

some of my best days spent away from our amber waves of grain have been spent listening to our bobcats overcome another team in pursuit of perfection, no matter what time of day or night i had to tune in. it may not be much, but there are a lot of bobcats out there who are very proud (from afar) of what our young men continue to accomplish. I have been there for the highest highs and the lowest lows (1995,2000 and 2002), and for the first time in five seasons (2004) i will be able to watch a playoff game in person (after missing almost none in seven)

i'm pretty sure my wife will sport a continous eye-roll until my return from one home to another, but that's alright

regardless of the outcome on saturday, i am VERY proud of this year's team, maybe more so than any other (and i hold the 2000 team in pretty biased regard ), and we should be grateful to have such a great group of kids representing our town this season. it doesn't matter that they lost more games than in the previous five seasons-victories can be one in various ways (trust me), and if adversity separates the strong from the weak, then this team just might be our greatest ever

bigwood33
06-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Go Marine, great post for the 6000th! Thanks for the service.

zebrablue2
06-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33

:ditto:

charlesrixey
06-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33

thanks for keeping texas different from the east coast! lol

LLM_1331
06-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Thank you and your troop's for doing what you do.