PDA

View Full Version : Pixar(the movie companty) has my upmost respect

Electus Unus
06-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Colby Curtin, a 10-year-old with a rare form of cancer, was staying alive for one thing – a movie.

From the minute Colby saw the previews to the Disney-Pixar movie Up, she was desperate to see it. Colby had been diagnosed with vascular cancer about three years ago, said her mother, Lisa Curtin, and at the beginning of this month it became apparent that she would die soon and was too ill to be moved to a theater to see the film.

After a family friend made frantic calls to Pixar to help grant Colby her dying wish, Pixar came to the rescue.

The company flew an employee with a DVD of Up, which is only in theaters, to the Curtins’ Huntington Beach home on June 10 for a private viewing of the movie.

The animated movie begins with scenes showing the evolution of a relationship between a husband and wife. After losing his wife in old age, the now grumpy man deals with his loss by attaching thousands of balloons to his house, flying into the sky, and going on an adventure with a little boy.

Colby died about seven hours after seeing the film.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/pixar-up-movie-2468059-home-show

BreckTxLonghorn
06-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Wow. Awesome.

underware
06-24-2009, 11:51 AM
I think I've something in my eye.

CHS_CG
06-24-2009, 11:55 AM
I saw this reported the other day and they said she was too ill to actually see the movie so her mom gave her a play by play for the whole movie.

waterboy
06-24-2009, 12:05 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: That's an awesome story!! It's not often you'll see a company do something like that!! Kudos to Disney-Pixar!!:clap: :clap:

I, for one, have enjoyed every movie they've ever made. I usually buy a DVD as soon as they are released so I can watch them with my daughters.:thumbsup:

Bull Butter
06-24-2009, 12:14 PM
I read that story the other day. Good stuff:clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
06-24-2009, 12:20 PM
That is a wonderful show of kindness.:clap:

piratebg
06-24-2009, 12:25 PM
I've had this story emailed to me by a bunch of friends and relatives. It is quite a touching story.

My family and I love Pixar films. They are some of the best family movies ever made and my children always look forward to seeing the newest film every summer. Next year, Toy Story 3.

coach
06-24-2009, 01:26 PM
everybody has dreams. some are to see the world, some are to win a championship, some want to have a family, and this little boy wanted to see a movie. And he did. although he died young he died happy after seeing something he dreamed of. This is a great story

TexasHSFB
06-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by coach
everybody has dreams. some are to see the world, some are to win a championship, some want to have a family, and this little boy wanted to see a movie. And he did. although he died young he died happy after seeing something he dreamed of. This is a great story Lol. It was a girl. :doh: :doh: