PDA

View Full Version : N. Korea threatens to wipe America off the globe

bwdlionfan
06-24-2009, 11:01 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_koreas_nuclear

Bullaholic
06-24-2009, 11:06 AM
I've heard this before---maybe there will be a "Where is he now?" on the Korean dictator after the smoke clears...:D

http://www.cfif.org/htdocs/freedomline/current/in_our_opinion/baghdad_bob.htm

bwdlionfan
06-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Notice they didn't talk like this when Bush was in office. I think they're testing Obama.

Bush woulda already blown something up.

Sweetwater Red
06-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I've heard this before---maybe there will be a "Where is he now?" on the Korean dictator after the smoke clears...:D

http://www.cfif.org/htdocs/freedomline/current/in_our_opinion/baghdad_bob.htm

And to think we had the opportunity to turn Russia and North
Korea into "U.S. Territories" and didn't take advantage of it.:dispntd:

bwdlionfan
06-24-2009, 11:17 AM
I took this outta the story on Foxnews... I think it was in the one on CNN as well...

"South Korea will expedite the introduction of high-tech unmanned aerial surveillance systems and "bunker-buster" bombs in response to North Korea's provocations, the Chosun Ilbo newspaper said, citing unidentified ruling party members."

Does that mean South Korea is going to use bunker buster bombs on them? This party may be about to get started

Bullaholic
06-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I took this outta the story on Foxnews... I think it was in the one on CNN as well...

"South Korea will expedite the introduction of high-tech unmanned aerial surveillance systems and "bunker-buster" bombs in response to North Korea's provocations, the Chosun Ilbo newspaper said, citing unidentified ruling party members."

Does that mean South Korea is going to use bunker buster bombs on them? This party may be about to get started

Counter-response, I think. Things won't happen until somebody fires a shot and does some harm.

BuckeyeNut
06-24-2009, 11:42 AM
There is no way NK will do anything without China backing them.

I_Do_Care
06-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Notice they didn't talk like this when Bush was in office. I think they're testing Obama.

Bush woulda already blown something up. Because Bush never took the measure of tracking his ship exports! Bush just ignored him. Come on now, don't be a revisionist! Why does this always go back to national politics :rolleyes:

They're acting out like a child because the carrot didn't work and now we are inching are way to confrontation through containment. I say good, lets call them out on the bluff. A pretext would eliminate all reservation and only necessitate a response. They know we can cripple them if not eliminate them, but the carnage their artillery and missiles would have on the South and possibly Japan would be pretty bad as well.

IHStangFan
06-24-2009, 12:21 PM
LOL....that old man is senile I suspect. YAY...you "successfully" tested a 10-15 Mega-ton "bomb" last month....welcome to mid 1940s technology pal!! Congrats! Lets throw in for argument's sake that you don't have a missle capable of delivering a warhead over that great of a distance...you'd be lucky to reach Hawaii or the islands off the coast of Alaska.....provided we didn't intercept said missle and shoot it down (which WOULD be the case) and respond with a warhead w/ 10-50 times the power of the one you sent before you had time to blink.

Good luck w/ that Kim, lemme know how that works out for you. :doh:

Idiot

IHStangFan
06-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
the carnage their artillery and missiles would have on the South and possibly Japan would be pretty bad as well. this is accurate. :(

I_Do_Care
06-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
There is no way NK will do anything without China backing them. China was humiliated by them when they acted alone in firing those missiles and exploding the nuclear weapon. In order for China to remain important they need to display control over NK, if not, then bargaining with the Chinese becomes null and void. Their acceptance of enforcing UN mandates to deny suspected weapon transfers is big. While not having very much teeth, once in port for refueling they're sitting dead in the water unless they allow an inspection, otherwise they're guided to a port of their choosing, likely back home.

Bullaholic
06-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
China was humiliated by them when they acted alone in firing those missiles and exploding the nuclear weapon. In order for China to remain important they need to display control over NK, if not, then bargaining with the Chinese becomes null and void. Their acceptance of enforcing UN mandates to deny suspected weapon transfers is big. While not having very much teeth, once in port for refueling they're sitting dead in the water unless they allow an inspection, otherwise they're guided to a port of their choosing, likely back home.

China has borrowed a page out of our book. They don't "saber rattle" anymore since they have gone capitalist, they buy their way with their pocketbook and make business and trade boycott threats.

I_Do_Care
06-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
China has borrowed a page out of our book. They don't "saber rattle" anymore since they have gone capitalist, they buy their way with their pocketbook and make business and trade boycott threats. lot of game theorists (who are SHOCKINGLY accurate) don't foresee them maintaining the position, they're expecting them to collapse on themselves by sheer size and resource limitation. Globalized markets and systems will likely prevent a war with them, however almost 100 years ago, Japan was rising to western standards as well. History repeats itself and resource allocation will become the biggest issue of the 21st century if India and China continue down the western path of development. It will be extremely taxing on the planet. I'm going to Vancouver for a conference regarding global development, looking fwd to hearing what innovative ideas are coming out of the Global South and East (if any).

big daddy russ
06-24-2009, 12:55 PM
This all sounds good and well, but China won't put up with the US military on their doorstep. All the trade embargos in the world won't dull the fact that the world's largest superpower will be fighting right across the border from them, and that the last time this happened we went into China.

As much as I hate to say it, we'd have to clear any military action through the Chinese before dropping the hammer. China has one of the more "patient" international policies of any country in the world, but I wouldn't take the chance that they'd be OK with it. That idiot MacArthur ruined it for us back in '50 when he brought the Chinese into it. While I doubt they harbor those same feelings, I wouldn't want to put them to the test.

Keith7
06-24-2009, 01:10 PM
I wish we could just nuke everybody so all that would be left is the U.S. Then this world would be a better place.

TexasHSFB
06-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I wish we could just nuke everybody so all that would be left is the U.S. Then this world would be a better place. :eek:

OMG......

Wow Keith.

Keith7
06-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
:eek:

OMG......

Wow Keith.

ya then we can nuke peta, liberals and people who believe in global warming and this world would be perfect

Bullaholic
06-24-2009, 01:54 PM
ya then we can nuke peta, liberals and people who believe in global warming and this world would be perfect

And I thought there was no hope for you, Keith...:D

Farmersfan
06-24-2009, 01:57 PM

Perhaps perfect after we emerge from the resulting nuclear winter with our newly mutated semi-human selves. Hopefully it will result in additional breasts on our women and some size on the Farmersville O-line!!!!!!

Ranger Mom
06-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Hopefully it will result in additional breasts on our women

Oh Lordy....NOOO!!!!!!

Bull Butter
06-24-2009, 02:06 PM

what he said:)