PDA

View Full Version : Sweet smell of grass

Pudlugger
08-02-2002, 08:08 AM
Is it just me, or do others believe it just isn't the same to play football on a carpet indoors? Give me a 20 MPH wind ,a little rain even, plus lots of dirty uniforms anyday. There is nothing like watching your big stud linebacker picking clods of grass out of his facemask after wreaking a tailback at the line of scrimmage! No self respecting coach can say it looks good to have his team squeky clean after a football game, win or lose. Bring it on, 4 more weeks till Zero week!

sinton66
08-02-2002, 08:22 AM
Ahhh, a purist at heart I see! I agree, there's nothing like it. It is nice to see sometimes though, how good you are on artificial surfaces. I really like the stuff at Victoria. But, you're right, football SHOULD get down and dirty.

toby070
08-02-2002, 01:24 PM
Sinton66, I agree, there is something to be said for real grass, but that turf at Victoria is pretty awesome. Plays just like real grass without the mud http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

Bulldog92
08-02-2002, 03:21 PM
Football isn't football without standing water and mud. I'm in the Seattle area and they just put the synthetic grass in the new Seahawks Stadium. I think it sucks, personally, but that place is state of the art and it will be fun to go to games there....

QBKilla
08-03-2002, 04:24 PM
With out real grass and mud, you couldn't tell the scrubs from the studs after the game. You also have to admit, it's pretty fun gettin' dirty!