PDA

View Full Version : ESPN roundtable

Farmersfan
06-23-2009, 01:41 PM
A friend of mine just called me and said he heard a ESPN radio discussion with some current NFL players. When asked what was the most significant offseason signing so far in the NFL Carson Palmer said he felt it was the Dallas Cowboys getting Jon Kitna. Not for his QB skills but for his mentoring ability of Tony Romo. Most of the other guests agreed with this. Palmer said the Cowboys are now and have been the most talented team in the league and getting Romo corrected should be the final piece of the puzzle for a Superbowl. Anyone else hear this on ESPN radio.

Keith7
06-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
A friend of mine just called me and said he heard a ESPN radio discussion with some current NFL players. When asked what was the most significant offseason signing so far in the NFL Carson Palmer said he felt it was the Dallas Cowboys getting Jon Kitna. Not for his QB skills but for his mentoring ability of Tony Romo. Most of the other guests agreed with this. Palmer said the Cowboys are now and have been the most talented team in the league and getting Romo corrected should be the final piece of the puzzle for a Superbowl. Anyone else hear this on ESPN radio.

Yea cuz Kitna's mentoring really helped Palmer get to the super bowl.. lol silly cowboy fans think a back up QB and what his protege has to say will propel them into the super bowl..

Farmersfan
06-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Yea cuz Kitna's mentoring really helped Palmer get to the super bowl.. lol silly cowboy fans think a back up QB and what his protege has to say will propel them into the super bowl..

I can't really blame you Keith7! If I were a Eagles fan I too would fear the Cowboys if Romo is able to get his *hit together. With all their young talent the Cowboys are on the rise but your Eagles are soon to lose McNabb and Westbrook and the window will be officially CLOSED for them! So get your pokes in now!

Ex-Tiger2005
06-23-2009, 02:03 PM
haha thats awesome!

bleacherbum
06-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Palmer was on Colin Cowherd's show this morning and made those exact comments. I didn't see the roundtable, but I heard it this morning on ESPN radio.

buffalo2006
06-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Kitna really helped mentor anyone on the Lions...my point

Electus Unus
06-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Getting rid of Tony Romo is the final piece of the puzzle

Emerson1
06-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Getting rid of Tony Romo is the final piece of the puzzle
and replacing him with who? Stephen McGee? Some veteran out there no one has bothered to even sign as a backup yet?
Ya that's what I thought

Keith7
06-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
and replacing him with who? Stephen McGee? Some veteran out there no one has bothered to even sign as a backup yet?
Ya that's what I thought

Well welcome to the land of mediocrity my friend

DDBooger
06-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Well welcome to the land of mediocrity my friend lol I hate the Eagles (band and team) but I love your persistence haha you annoy a lot of people.

Emerson1
06-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Well welcome to the land of mediocrity my friend
Tony Romo - 0 Super Bowls victories
Donovan McNabb - 0 Super Bowls victories

glad to have some good company

Farmersfan
06-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Tony Romo - 0 Super Bowls victories
Donovan McNabb - 0 Super Bowls victories

glad to have some good company

Romo most likley will get at least 6 more shots at a SB title but McNabb is pretty much done. Take away Westbrook and they finish last in the division.