PDA

View Full Version : Going to Corpus...

RedWhiteBlue
06-23-2009, 10:50 AM
on Thursday... where do we eat good seafood... And I don't mean, Pappadeaux or something like that... I mean 'real' seafood. Thanks!!!:D

pirate4state
06-23-2009, 10:57 AM
My boss recommends Water Street Oyster Bar on Water Street

big daddy russ
06-23-2009, 10:59 AM
In Corpus, check out the Yardarm on Ocean Drive. It's a little hole-in-the-wall place right where Ocean Drive intersects with Robert St. I haven't eaten there in years, but last time I went it was on par with anything out on the island.

If you don't mind making the drive to Port Aransas, the best seafood I've ever had is at Shells on G Street.

There aren't many good seafood places in Corpus itself, other than the Yardarm and a couple of others. Most of the good ones are in Port A and Rockport. Not a whole lot in Corpus itself that beats Pappadeaux's.

And Water Street Oyster Bar is one of the better ones, too.

pirate4state
06-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
In Corpus, check out the Yardarm on Ocean Drive. It's a little hole-in-the-wall place right where Ocean Drive intersects with Robert St. I haven't eaten there in years, but last time I went it was on par with anything out on the island.

If you don't mind making the drive to Port Aransas, the best seafood I've ever had is at Shells on G Street.

There aren't many good seafood places in Corpus itself, other than the Yardarm and a couple of others. Most of the good ones are in Port A and Rockport. Not a whole lot in Corpus itself that beats Pappadeaux's.

And Water Street Oyster Bar is one of the better ones, too.

Oh good, I'm glad you were online. :)

Some of my family likes the Yardarm. Don't let the look of it fool you.

garciap77
06-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
on Thursday... where do we eat good seafood... And I don't mean, Pappadeaux or something like that... I mean 'real' seafood. Thanks!!!:D

Is Lion_Addict going with you?:D

;)

nobogey72
06-23-2009, 02:54 PM
The Long John Silvers on Arapaho Blvd is good. NM I forgot, it's in Amarillo. My bad.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Antec
06-23-2009, 07:05 PM
There used to be a great cajun seafood place in Portland way back when

sinfan75
06-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Big Fisherman in Rockport is good and a place also in Rockport that's on the water but can't remember the name. Across the street from a very nice motel and across the street from a nice bar. Just can't remember the name of any of em. But I was at all 3 new years.:D

sinton66
06-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Big Fisherman is one of my favorites.

AAA87
06-23-2009, 10:08 PM
snoopys or doc's on the island....two george's, bayou bar and grill, landry's

ol country boy
06-23-2009, 10:10 PM
The Big Fisherman sucks. Charlotte Plummers in Rockport is not bad. Go eat in Port A. Hooks is good

RedWhiteBlue
06-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Is Lion_Addict going with you?:D

;)
Only if he 'pays' his way, baby!!!:kiss:

RedWhiteBlue
06-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks so much for help people!!! I appreciate it.... Hopefully, the fam and I will make it back safe. I just always think of making it to "Wally World" and them being closed...:doh:

garciap77
06-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Only if he 'pays' his way, baby!!!:kiss:

Here is your answer Addict! In case you were to ask the question!:D

;)

P.S. Have a great time RWB!::)

piratebg
06-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Water Street is good. My wife likes Landrys and The Big Fisherman. If you feel like brisket, come to Sinton.