PDA

View Full Version : Weed Eater

coach
06-22-2009, 07:40 PM
why do you not say I weed ate yesterday. Doesn't everyone know its grammatically incorrect to said i weed eated yesterday

maestro
06-22-2009, 08:18 PM
do you " get on the plane"....or " in the plane" ????

sinton66
06-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I usually just say "I trimmed yesterday".;)

Rabid Cougar
06-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by coach
[B]why do you not say I weed ate yesterday. Doesn't everyone know its grammatically incorrect to said i weed eated yesterday [/]

Weed Eater was actually a brand name for a string trimmer. It is proper to say I trimmed the grass.

I. B. Watching
06-22-2009, 08:54 PM
I never weed eat. Don't like the taste

PurpleFreddy
06-22-2009, 10:58 PM
well, my gas-powered "grass trimmer" finally died after about 12 years recently ... so, for Father's Day I got a Black & Decker Grass Hog, which is a cordless electric trimmer. If you have a traditional lawn, this thing is great. As long as you keep the power packs charged. No more gas and oil mixing. No more cranking (and choking). It's much lighter and quieter.
I trimmed all of my back yard with the charge of one power pack and the front yard (with edging along driveway and sidewalk) with about 11/2 charges of the other battery packs.

Ranger Mom
06-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
well, my gas-powered "grass trimmer" finally died after about 12 years recently ... so, for Father's Day I got a Black & Decker Grass Hog, which is a cordless electric trimmer. If you have a traditional lawn, this thing is great. As long as you keep the power packs charged. No more gas and oil mixing. No more cranking (and choking). It's much lighter and quieter.
I trimmed all of my back yard with the charge of one power pack and the front yard (with edging along driveway and sidewalk) with about 11/2 charges of the other battery packs.

What is a "traditional lawn?"