PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Football 2009

Bull's-eye
06-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Any info on the Brahmas, especially some of the younger prospects? DCT football wasn't too informative.

rancher
06-23-2009, 03:11 AM
On the defensive side of the ball, they will be loaded, one of the best linebackers in the state. Offensive, very very deep at the running backs with the Reese twins along with the starting backfield they had last year in the playoffs. Freshman team was undefeated, JV I think won the district and had a great record. Lots of talented players in the wings.

K-MAC Chuck
06-23-2009, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
DCT football wasn't too informative.

That was true of ALL teams/listings. Wow.

MJMbrahmas10
06-23-2009, 09:01 AM
im not too sure if the reese twins are playing, but i could be wrong

trg
06-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
im not too sure if the reese twins are playing, but i could be wrong
I had heard the same thing. Hope it's wrong. They are both excellent athletes. :)

Bull's-eye
06-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
That was true of ALL teams/listings. Wow.

True, but they didn't give anything new on Bellville. There was no top newcomers & they listed two Seniors as the top juniors. :doh:

MJMbrahmas10
06-23-2009, 12:22 PM
and they also asked for our opinion about huey leavin lol

zebrablue2
06-23-2009, 12:31 PM
True, but they didn't give anything new on Bellville. There was no top newcomers & they listed two Seniors as the top juniors. :doh:

huey being between jobs could have something to do with it.

Bull's-eye
06-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
huey being between jobs could have something to do with it.

Probably, but DCTF should do a better job with all the teams.

dachosenone
06-23-2009, 09:03 PM
We did lose carter & there is not a chance of him coming back this time.

zebrablue2
06-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by dachosenone

:confused:

MJMbrahmas10
06-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Why isn't he comin back. My source tells me coach foster is lettin him play. And my source is very inside

Bull's-eye
06-24-2009, 11:02 AM

I know last season, he wasn't allowed to play until district play. I believe he got his first real action versus Columbus, which was about the 8th game of the season. I don't know why he was punished, but I commend him for not quitting. A lot of young men wouldn't of practiced for over 2 months, knowing they weren't playing in games. He actually became a big part of Bellville's playoff run, let's hope all this is behind him.

bvillebrahma010
07-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Why isn't he comin back. My source tells me coach foster is lettin him play. And my source is very inside

We will just say, on top of winning football, coaches are more concerned on teaching their players valuable lessons in life rather than winning. At least, that is the way it should be. Carter was given more than 3 chances and bellville has the 3 strike policy, i know all will miss carter, but i highly respect coaches for staying true to their word!! as of now...

Gators17
07-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Yeah, but we all know how football coaches get when district time comes around... i.e. Sealy coach last year lettin downey come back after walking off the field.

SHSBulldog00
07-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Will Bellville be playing Sweeny again this year or will they revert back to their origional schedule?

Bull's-eye
07-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Will Bellville be playing Sweeny again this year or will they revert back to their origional schedule?

No, they will play Navasota (their original schedule).

rancher
07-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Did the JV win the district and what Soph. may help?

TRENCHES06
07-03-2009, 05:47 PM
NOPE.

La Grange JV won the JV district......and I wouldn't put too much stock into how JV does...

Bull's-eye
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Any updates on Bellville? I heard Greenville has been moved to nose-guard.

What time does the Saturday intra-squad scrimmage start?

bvillebrahma010
08-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Any updates on Bellville? I heard Greenville has been moved to nose-guard.

What time does the Saturday intra-squad scrimmage start?
starts at 7:30. Varsity starts then. not sure about the rest. any of the move arounds cant be told on here... just need to be there in person saturday to see for yourself!! ;)

MJMbrahmas10
08-06-2009, 10:12 PM
By the way Carter is playin

Bull's-eye
08-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Any sophs starting?

MJMbrahmas10
08-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Two sophmores are competing for A job on the line

Bull's-eye
08-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Two sophmores are competing for A job on the line

Thanks MJM, didn't think there would be too many open positions. Any new players turning some heads? Which player or players have made the most improvement from last season? Who has made the most gains from being in the weight room?

hookandladder
08-07-2009, 07:00 AM
By the way Carter is playin

So the 3 strike rule is for certain players only, earlier post said he used up his 3 strike or did you misquote the # of strikes.

MJMbrahmas10
08-07-2009, 09:41 AM
No, we got a new coach. And he got another oppurtunity.

hookandladder
08-07-2009, 09:54 AM
No, we got a new coach. And he got another oppurtunity.

Hope he makes the best of it.

Ex-Tiger2005
08-07-2009, 10:38 AM
DCT football wasn't too informative.

They had last years players for the Snyder write up it was ridiculous!

1st and goal
08-07-2009, 09:23 PM
I will guarantee that this will again, be one of the toughest districts in the state. Maybe THE toughest. There are many teams I'd rather play than Bellville, Lagrange and Sealy. Not to mention Smithville had a great year last year and I hope they are strong again.

Where did your new coach come from?

Does anyone know anything about Columbus?

Gators17
08-08-2009, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I will guarantee that this will again, be one of the toughest districts in the state. Maybe THE toughest. There are many teams I'd rather play than Bellville, Lagrange and Sealy. Not to mention Smithville had a great year last year and I hope they are strong again.

Where did your new coach come from?

Does anyone know anything about Columbus?
I agree, this will be one of the toughest districts in the state. And Giddings will be a very good team again, hopefully we'll be able to beat them this year after they beat us in the regional finals in both baseball and football last year :mad: .

The new coach is the Defensive Coordinator from last year, Coach Doug Foster. I thought it was a little interesting that Sealy hasn't been mentioned that much this preseason.. everyone was so high on them last year - I guess they all found out that Sealy is all hype!! :devil: :stirpot:

1st and goal
08-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Gators17
I thought it was a little interesting that Sealy hasn't been mentioned that much this preseason.. everyone was so high on them last year - I guess they all found out that Sealy is all hype!! :devil: :stirpot:

lol
Last years games between Bellville and Giddings were 2 of the hardest fought games ever. Either game could have went either way. This year we have you guys here in Giddings. I hope the home field gives us a tiny edge!;)

IHStangFan
08-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Isn't Bellville scrimmaging Needville in a couple of weeks?

TRENCHES06
08-08-2009, 11:46 AM
What's Needville looking like?

IHStangFan
08-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
What's Needville looking like? Honestly amigo, I'm not in the know this season. I've been outa the loop. If I'm not mistaken the majority of our backfield is gone from last year, but our QB was young last year and showed promise. Our lines should be pretty decent on both sides of the ball w/ our D probably being our strong point. As far as I know we don't have an excess of speed, but these kids are a good bunch. I think we'll be alright. I'm looking forward to the scrimmage against Bellville as an early measuring stick as to how we'll stack up this year.

I think the Jays will be fine and probably be in the hunt for the D26 Championship along w/ probably Sweeny and Brookshire Royal.

Bull's-eye
08-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Any news from the Bellville scrimmage? Somebody give us a report.

Brahma84
08-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Not much to report. The first team was on the sidelines more than they were on the field. Next week, when Brenham comes in, we should have a better idea.

Bull's-eye
08-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Not much to report. The first team was on the sidelines more than they were on the field. Next week, when Brenham comes in, we should have a better idea.

How did Mueller look throwing the ball? What position is Browning playing? Any Sophs cracking the starting line-up?

bvillebrahma010
08-09-2009, 07:02 PM
How did Mueller look throwing the ball? What position is Browning playing? Any Sophs cracking the starting line-up?

supposedly mueller has made a 180 degree turnaround. he has been throwing the ball great. browning is starting at fullback now and there are two sophomores starting at each tackle position on the oline. the only other news is that the starting tight end (honeycutt) has been out and in the hospital since thursday with viral meningitis. no idea on his return.

Gators17
08-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
supposedly mueller has made a 180 degree turnaround. he has been throwing the ball great. browning is starting at fullback now and there are two sophomores starting at each tackle position on the oline. the only other news is that the starting tight end (honeycutt) has been out and in the hospital since thursday with viral meningitis. no idea on his return.

Thanks for all the updates, sounds like you have a very inside source.. :p

bvillebrahma010
08-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks for all the updates, sounds like you have a very inside source.. :p

no problem. my inside source is more inside than one could ever get!;)

STAggie
08-09-2009, 11:00 PM
I agree, this will be one of the toughest districts in the state. And Giddings will be a very good team again, hopefully we'll be able to beat them this year after they beat us in the regional finals in both baseball and football last year :mad: .

The new coach is the Defensive Coordinator from last year, Coach Doug Foster. I thought it was a little interesting that Sealy hasn't been mentioned that much this preseason.. everyone was so high on them last year - I guess they all found out that Sealy is all hype!! :devil: :stirpot:

Sealy will be ready to go this year. They are laying low so that when they make a run at the district title every one will jump on the band wagon.

dachosenone
08-10-2009, 09:27 AM
The intersquad scrimmage is getting worse each year. I have no interest in watching such a boring event.

Bull's-eye
08-10-2009, 10:06 AM
The intersquad scrimmage is getting worse each year. I have no interest in watching such a boring event.

I heard they introduced the players that made the varsity. I believe only 3 sophs made the team.

Gators17
08-10-2009, 11:20 AM
I heard they introduced the players that made the varsity. I believe only 3 sophs made the team.

What is your deal with sophomores on the varsity? That's all you've been talking about this entire thread.. The seniors are the ones you need to be worried about because after they graduate Bellville is goin on a steep decline.

Bull's-eye
08-10-2009, 12:30 PM
What is your deal with sophomores on the varsity? That's all you've been talking about this entire thread.. The seniors are the ones you need to be worried about because after they graduate Bellville is goin on a steep decline.

I don't get to watch any sub-varsity games, just curious about which younger players could possibly help those seniors. If you go back and read some of my posts, I did ask about some of the seniors & juniors. Most of those players, I have seen play a season or two, so I'm very familiar with their abilities.

Kind of like watching the new rookies in the NFL, I know what most of the veterans will bring, but curious which rookie or rookies will make an impact on their team.

BrahmaMom
08-10-2009, 12:37 PM
I thought the scrimmage was more interesting than past intra-squad when they played on the practice field. Sorry to hear about Honeycutt, hope he gets well soon. About Carter, well, he is a player. I think he's tried hard to turn things around and he is still a kid, even though legally an adult. He better walk the straight and narrow, though. I thought the team looked good and liked the changes Foster made to make this year his own. Our size is much better than last year. I am ready for some football! Go Brahmas!!!

MJMbrahmas10
08-10-2009, 01:50 PM
There u are brahma mom :) been wAitin to see u on here. And two sophmores also got moved up today a fb/dl. And a safety

trg
08-10-2009, 02:38 PM
There u are brahma mom :) been wAitin to see u on here. And two sophmores also got moved up today a fb/dl. And a safety

Good for them. And I have been waiting on BrahmaMom too. Love her. Good luck to the team on an injury free season. Hopefully Honeycutt will be well soon. And I did like the intra-squad scrimmage on the field, too :)

Bull's-eye
08-10-2009, 03:34 PM

Was the FB/DL Green? Heard he had a great scrimmage & the QB Reese showed some outstanding running skills. As always, thanks for the info. :)

MJMbrahmas10
08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
yes it was...and reese has a great arm....rumor was he got moved up too but wasnt true

11as1
08-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Well as all this is interesting there is one big questionthat I still have about the bulls,and that is the o-line, as it was completely dominated by seniors last year. And only two of the starters have varsity experience.

dachosenone
08-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Alot of people seemed overly concerned with the inexperience of the OL. I believe if we create turnovers on Def and give them more opportunities they will drastically improve. Only way to get better is to be on the field.

dachosenone
08-10-2009, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/dannyeok#play/uploads/3/xKsydkj7XMs

This is one constant on the Brahma defense among many others.

MJMbrahmas10
08-10-2009, 08:15 PM
agreed

zebrablue2
08-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 11as1
Well as all this is interesting there is one big questionthat I still have about the bulls,and that is the o-line, as it was completely dominated by seniors last year. And only two of the starters have varsity experience.

great 1st post, because without a good o-line, the team goes not too far..

MJMbrahmas10
08-10-2009, 09:47 PM
the line will have it all figured out come the first game and will be a fined tune machine come district and will be perfect come playoffs

11as1
08-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Ok if you say so but having two sophomores start on the most vital part of a team is still a big question mark. Another question mark is the conditioning of the brahmas as they moved their practices to the morning when freshman moved theirs to the afternoon.

Bull's-eye
08-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by 11as1
Another question mark is the conditioning of the brahmas as they moved their practices to the morning when freshman moved theirs to the afternoon.

I'm sure there won't be a problem with conditioning, practicing in the morning shouldn't make any difference.

11as1
08-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Yeah that's true, and i'm behind the bulls the whole way. but the coaching situation still seems a little sketchy to me.

rancher
08-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Coaching situation is just fine, Coach Foster was a great hire and has a great staff with him. The UIL has recently sent out guidelines regarding practices and the heat index.

RedStorm
08-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Mueller is looking great from what I've seen/heard. last years brahmas depended heavily on Nunn to carry them through district and it has yet to be seen if browning can carry that kind of load. The line is the biggest question mark IMO. Defense will be great once again.

Bull's-eye
08-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Coach Foster will do a great job. I'm sure he will put his own twist on a few things, but he won't change the core of a successful Bellville football program.

The opposing coaches might be at a slight disadvantage, not knowing his tendencies for calling plays. Under Huey, I got to where I could call the next play.

MJMbrahmas10
08-11-2009, 01:29 PM
if anything the conditioning is harder because its happening at 1230 now before it was at 8 30 when it was dark.....and freshman are in the morning also...wheres your info coming from? and what is sketchy about the coaching?also foster is DC and collier is the OC

KL3
08-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
Mueller is looking great from what I've seen/heard. last years brahmas depended heavily on Nunn to carry them through district and it has yet to be seen if browning can carry that kind of load. The line is the biggest question mark IMO. Defense will be great once again.

What about Runnells? Won't he get the majority of the carries this year?

trg
08-11-2009, 01:50 PM
I am sure Coach Foster and staff will have the bulls ready come district and beyond.

zebrablue2
08-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by trg
I am sure Coach Foster and staff will have the bulls ready come district and beyond.

no question!!:iagree:

11as1
08-11-2009, 03:15 PM
I agree the bulls will do great this year and i knew that collier is oc and foster is dc. the defense will be tough but i'm thinking about the offense and just interested in the change that has happened swithching to more of a spread look. i'm sure it'll work as collier is a genius and will do all he can to confuse the opposition irm just concerned about position changes

dachosenone
08-11-2009, 04:16 PM
The OL will be a key factor come district time when the oppositions speed is tremendous. I think they will be more physical than many people expect.

BrahmaMom
08-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Good to be back on 3ADL, thanks for the welcome, old timers. Got one last Brahma to go. I am confident in the OL this year, yea we lost seniors, but we will be fine. The Brahmas will be formidable this season. I thought Reese looked good at the scrimmage. There is some settling in that may need to happen, but the staff and team will be a well-oiled machine by game time. Conditioning for this team is not an issue. GO BULLS!

44INAROW
08-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Good to be back on 3ADL, thanks for the welcome, old timers. Got one last Brahma to go. . GO BULLS!

Enjoy the season with the "last one" it will go by quick. ;)

trg
08-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Last day of 2adays and looking forward to the scrimmage against Brenham on Saturday. Good luck to the Bulls.

Bull's-eye
08-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by trg
Last day of 2adays and looking forward to the scrimmage against Brenham on Saturday. Good luck to the Bulls.

I'm thinking about driving up for the scrimmage, need my football fix. :D

Do you think they will wear numbers? Heard several parents were watching the wrong kids. Even if they are different numbers than their regular season numbers, at least we fans could keep up better. :)

trg
08-12-2009, 03:07 PM

Do you think they will wear numbers? Heard several parents were watching the wrong kids. Even if they are different numbers than their regular season numbers, at least we fans could keep up better. :)

I have no idea. I had no problem picking out my kid but they all do kind of look alike when they put all the pads on. LOL

11as1
08-12-2009, 03:12 PM
i highly doubt they'll have an the same number as they did in the first scrimmage the bellville coaches don't like to give anything away. they've been trading numbers between scrimmages for years.

dachosenone
08-12-2009, 05:14 PM

The jerseys they wore in the intersquad scrimmage don't have any numbers. I believe they are new so its not likely they will have numbers.

Bull's-eye
08-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by KL3
What about Runnells? Won't he get the majority of the carries this year?

IMO, Bellville will have a very diverse offense. Look for them to really spread the touches between Runnels, Browning, Houston & Carter. I also look for Mueller to run more from the QB position.

I have always enjoyed watching Runnels as a ball carrier, one of the best at following his blockers & letting the play develop. He doesn't seem to be that flashy, but will always get those extra few yards. Also, great receiver out of the backfield.

rancher
08-12-2009, 06:42 PM
We will find out about Bellville on Saturday when they play a good Brenham team. Defense will be there strong point without a doubt, will have to see how much Muller has improve his passing, last year he had very bad throwing fundmentals. Bellville will have speed in the backfield with Runnels and Houston. I hope Browing has improved over last year running the ball. How big is Browing?

Bull's-eye
08-13-2009, 12:22 AM
As of last season, Browning was about 225 lbs. Very strong & powerful runner, but seems to run too upright. Hopefully, the coaches have worked on his running form. He did end up playing TE during the playoffs & did a great job. I look for Bellville to motion him out of the FB position and add another TE in certain formations. Could also be a big help on defense if needed.

hookandladder
08-13-2009, 06:20 AM
As of last season, Browning was about 225 lbs. Very strong & powerful runner, but seems to run too upright. Hopefully, the coaches have worked on his running form. He did end up playing TE during the playoffs & did a great job. I look for Bellville to motion him out of the FB position and add another TE in certain formations. Could also be a big help on defense if needed.

I saw the Browning kid play on the basketball court, he did not look like he was 225lbs. Great looking kid but did not look that big, is this his weight that is posted in the program if so we had several that were not even close to their program height and weight.

Bull's-eye
08-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I saw the Browning kid play on the basketball court, he did not look like he was 225lbs. Great looking kid but did not look that big, is this his weight that is posted in the program if so we had several that were not even close to their program height and weight.

ESPN scouting service has him at 6'2" 225 lbs, also there is a nice video of him playing last season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=96379&season=2010

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by rancher
We will find out about Bellville on Saturday when they play a good Brenham team.

This is only a practice but I talked to some Brenham players and after last years performance by the Brahmas over the 4a Cubs the Brenham players are looking for a better outing then last year vs Bellville.

bvillebrahma010
08-14-2009, 01:25 AM
any injury updates other than honeycutt?

Bull's-eye
08-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
This is only a practice but I talked to some Brenham players and after last years performance by the Brahmas over the 4a Cubs the Brenham players are looking for a better outing then last year vs Bellville.

Why you talking with the enemy?? :D

zebrablue2
08-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Why you talking with the enemy?? :D

i'm sure he was undercover:)

dachosenone
08-14-2009, 04:53 PM
I here some of the Brenham kids have started talking early in the week.