PDA

View Full Version : District 32-3A who will win?

texansfan
06-22-2009, 01:13 PM
This is gonna be another fun year of football in 32-3A I think. A lot of people say PI will be back but others as well as the newspaper says Raymondville. What u guys think?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-22-2009, 01:52 PM
32-3A is going to be a toss-up.

Port Isabel is looking to rebound after a shocking and incredibly disappointing 4-6 season. This Senior group is also the group that we have been looking forward to since their Junior High days, and also there are upcoming players from the JV team that went 9-1 (only loss was to 5A Mission-Sharyland JV 22-20) that should impress a few people.

Rio Hondo graduated the house, but are still expected to do well simply based on their new found tradition. The Bobcats may switch to a more run-oriented offense to complement their big back Trevor David.

La Feria is looking for a repeat to the success they had last season when they made it to the Div. 1 Quarterfinals, upsetting a heavily favored Bandera team in the process 31-14

Lyford is another team to watch out for. They bring back nearly their entire offense, including Johnny Esparza at QB. Lyford will be putting up some points and airing it out. The defense is still a question mark for them, though.

Raymondville will have loads of speed, but are still young. They were expected to do well last season, but seemed to be big-time underachievers last season and faltered to a disappointing finish.

Hidalgo brings in a new coach with some impressive credentials from the TAPPS 5A ranks, but not much is known about him, nor about the Pirates. Not enough to be able to tell how well they will do this coming season. We'll know more after their first few games.

Zapata, from what I understand, loses a bunch to graduation, and are not expected to do well this coming season.

And...

Progreso.....it's Progreso.

texansfan
06-23-2009, 12:24 AM
nice analysis tarpon.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-23-2009, 07:53 AM
To put it in simple terms...

Contenders - Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, La Feria, Lyford

Darkhorses - Raymondville, Hidalgo

Needs Improvement - Zapata, Progreso

Like I said, this district is a toss-up

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-23-2009, 09:42 AM
test

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-23-2009, 09:43 AM
yay, new Gizmo Dancing avatar works.....although it's too big for an avatar, put it as a sig. Cute isn't it?

pirate4state
06-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
yay, new Gizmo Dancing avatar works.....although it's too big for an avatar, put it as a sig. Cute isn't it? it is cute, but the file is way too big

SintonFan_inAustin
06-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
To put it in simple terms...

Contenders - Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, La Feria, Lyford

Darkhorses - Raymondville, Hidalgo

Needs Improvement - Zapata, Progreso

Like I said, this district is a toss-up :thinking:

Raymondville will contend with the other 3 contenders and give PI a run for the district title, they had a very good team last year from what i saw and i believe return a good portion of the team.

RH QB last year was great and now its up to RB David to lead a very young team but should still be contender for one of the playoff spots.

Port Isabel last year went most of the year fighting each other to play as a team and should be the favorite to win the district

Lyford, i didnt get to see them last year but unless they improve their defense they'll have to put up alot of points to win games against good teams.

La Feria will stumble this year, Zapata, HIdalgo and Progresso will round off the bottom half of the district.

1.Port Isabel
2.Raymondville
3.Lyford
4.Rio Hondo
5.La Feria
6.Zapata
7.Hidalgo
8.Progreso

texansfan
06-25-2009, 12:56 AM
it should be another competitive yr.

footballgal