PDA

View Full Version : I heard the Sinton coaches...

sinton 1316
12-02-2003, 05:20 PM
...were sending the Burnet/Sinton film to the UIL to be put under review b/c of the bad/missed calls
I was just wondering if anyone else had heard the same?
I'm not trying to start an argument here that Burnet only won b/c of the refs or anything like that
but does anyone know if this is true, and what will happen to the refs if they did make enough bad calls or missed enough calls they should've made?

zippy
12-02-2003, 05:28 PM
Good Gawd Almighty!!!!!!!

PLEASE..don't say that Sinton lost because the refs. Bad calls were made, on both sides. This is high school football, not the NFL. I'll bet there's not 1 hs game played that someone doesn't complain about bad calls. These guys do this out of love of the game, not money.

dawg03
12-02-2003, 05:37 PM
I HAVE SAID IT MORE THAN ONCE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN..............THEIR ARE NO EXCUSES IN FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek! :D eek! :D eek! :D :D eek!

Phil C
12-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Zippy there is probably nothing to it. I saw some of the highlights on tv and it actually looked like the ball was fumbled before our player broke the plane of the goal line and while he was still in the air so it looked like a correct call. Now the fumble by Shipley (forgive if misspelled) was close but I think he fumbled but like I said it was close and those are the breaks. It is like two years ago Everman scored on a trapped ball which cost Sinton one last shot in the championship game and the films showed it was trapped but the Sinton coach shrugged it off and said those were the breaks. Hopefully it will even out for Sinton in a state championship game someday.

sinton 1316
12-02-2003, 05:48 PM
i swear, some people are just plain STUPID
i plainly said I AM NOT ACCUSING THE REFS OF US LOSING THE GAME
i simply wanted to know if what i heard was true
why dont you read the post before you make a reply?
i wanted a simple yes or no, not an accusation that i said the refs lost the game for us

Phil C
12-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Sorry Sinton 1316. My bad!

Owen B
12-02-2003, 05:59 PM
Folks, this is pretty clear:

sinton 1316:
...I'm not trying to start an argument here that Burnet only won b/c of the refs or anything like that
but does anyone know if this is true, and what will happen to the refs if they did make enough bad calls or missed enough calls they should've made?sinton 1316 was NOT making excuses or saying that the refs cost Sinton the game.

sinton 1316:

I don't know the answer to your question, but I have seen TxMike, who is an official, suggest that film be sent to the officiating chapter, which will review the film and either agree on bad calls or explain why they weren't bad calls. Unless there were something really agregious, there would probably be no action taken against the officials involved, except to instruct them.

sinton 1316
12-02-2003, 06:08 PM
you have nothing to be sorry for Phil C, my 2nd post was not directed towards you
and thanks OwenB for the information (and for reading the first post)

bulldogvet85
12-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Owen B:

sinton 1316:
...I'm not trying to start an argument here that Burnet only won b/c of the refs or anything like that
but does anyone know if this is true, and what will happen to the refs if they did make enough bad calls or missed enough calls they should've made?sinton 1316 was NOT making excuses or saying that the refs cost Sinton the game.

sinton 1316:

I don't know the answer to your question, but I have seen TxMike, who is an official, suggest that film be sent to the officiating chapter, which will review the film and either agree on bad calls or explain why they weren't bad calls. Unless there were something really agregious, there would probably be no action taken against the officials involved, except to instruct them.heres a question for you though. Now say they find some calls by chance that could have maybe changed the outcome of the game what would they do? not just the sinton/burnet game but any game in the state. what kind of actions are taken if the refs calls were bad enough to effect the outcome of a game and UIL reviews it and agrees as well? can you answer that for me?

J-town Hustler
12-02-2003, 06:21 PM
If anybody should send in a tape, it should be the tape of the Jasper/Manor game. Honestly the poorest job by the refs, that I have seen yet.

sinton 1316
12-02-2003, 06:29 PM
bulldogvet85:

Owen B:

sinton 1316:

sinton 1316:

I don't know the answer to your question, but I have seen TxMike, who is an official, suggest that film be sent to the officiating chapter, which will review the film and either agree on bad calls or explain why they weren't bad calls. Unless there were something really agregious, there would probably be no action taken against the officials involved, except to instruct them.heres a question for you though. Now say they find some calls by chance that could have maybe changed the outcome of the game what would they do? not just the sinton/burnet game but any game in the state. what kind of actions are taken if the refs calls were bad enough to effect the outcome of a game and UIL reviews it and agrees as well? can you answer that for me?it will not/cannot change the outcome of the game
i THINK what would happen, would the refs wouldnt be able to call a game anymore
but the only thing thats based on is common sense, not any type of real knowledge, i would like to know as well

sinton66
12-02-2003, 07:17 PM
Most likely, the tape went to the officials' chapter instead of the UIL. I believe the individual chapters police themselves. It would be used for training. Coaches can "blackball" refs, but I doubt the UIL would take any action against them.

HotDawg89
12-02-2003, 07:41 PM
3 years ago, in I believe round 3, Burnet was playing Bellville. It was a really SUPER close game. The final seconds of the clock, we were(I think...) 2nd and goal... our RB's forward progress was stopped, the whistle was blown, and he dropped the ball. Bellville picked it up, and the refs GAVE them possession. The other ref had not heard the whislte, and they LET them have it!!! Burnet lost the game. And we cried about the calls- but that is just the way the cookie crumbles! Don't even get me started on the Wimberley game that cost us the district championship that year... Terrible Willy, just terrible. But there really isn't much anyone can do about it.

With SInton... Personally, I only noticed one missed call- it should have been holding against Burnet, but it is easy to miss that stuff when your team is winning... but there were also more than a few questionable calls made against Burnet... sounds to me like the coaches did the right thing by sending it in.

sinton 1316
12-02-2003, 08:14 PM
being a Sinton fan, i saw about 10 holdings against burnet that most refs wouldve called had they seen it, one obvious one was made during a burnet TD
Sinton had a few penalites i saw that werent called as well
Sinton was also committing some fouls that were very unsportsman like, but burnet was saying some things to the players (including me) during the game that there mommies would not have approved of
but after the game, while shaking hands, everyone had mellowed out, i guess sometimes players just get caught in the "moment"
Jordan Shipley DID fumble though on the punt return, we saw it on video and i saw it during the game(i recovered the stupid ball...lol)
either way, it might have been closer, but burnet probably still wouldve pulled it off
it seems like everytime we go to mathis we get kind of "screwed" by the refs, but as someone said, thats just the way cookie crumbles
anyways, good luck burnet, TAKE STATE!

PAINTBALL
12-02-2003, 08:17 PM
HotDawg89:
3 years ago, in I believe round 3, Burnet was playing Bellville. It was a really SUPER close game. The final seconds of the clock, we were(I think...) 2nd and goal... our RB's forward progress was stopped, the whistle was blown, and he dropped the ball. Bellville picked it up, and the refs GAVE them possession. The other ref had not heard the whislte, and they LET them have it!!! Burnet lost the game. And we cried about the calls- but that is just the way the cookie crumbles! Don't even get me started on the Wimberley game that cost us the district championship that year... Terrible Willy, just terrible. But there really isn't much anyone can do about it.

With SInton... Personally, I only noticed one missed call- it should have been holding against Burnet, but it is easy to miss that stuff when your team is winning... but there were also more than a few questionable calls made against Burnet... sounds to me like the coaches did the right thing by sending it in.Round 1

kaorder1999
12-02-2003, 08:45 PM
nothing at all would happen...

BurnetBandRules
12-02-2003, 09:04 PM
You know, many calls were bad. There were some plays that Sinton was pulling off a couple of fac masks and they weren't called. But, you know what, we still won, they lost, end of subject!

Bandera YaYa
12-02-2003, 09:14 PM
BurnetBandRules:
You know, many calls were bad. There were some plays that Sinton was pulling off a couple of fac masks and they weren't called. But, you know what, we still won, they lost, end of subject!Let's be a little more humble about it...you wouldn't want some one saying that to you!!

sinfan75
12-02-2003, 10:19 PM
Why bring all this up!This game is OVER!!I saw one missed called and that was on the last td by Burnet.As the old sayin goes,it ain't holdin unless they CALL it!!This is startin sound worse than Burnet cryin about drivin 4 hours.By the way drive to Marrietta,Okla.from Sinton and back in one day THEN you can gripe to me about long drives!!GEEZ!!!

Chris Hart
12-02-2003, 10:27 PM
sinton 1316:
...were sending the Burnet/Sinton film to the UIL to be put under review b/c of the bad/missed calls
I was just wondering if anyone else had heard the same?
I'm not trying to start an argument here that Burnet only won b/c of the refs or anything like that
but does anyone know if this is true, and what will happen to the refs if they did make enough bad calls or missed enough calls they should've made?I'm glad they're sending the tape in. Maybe the UIL will watch it and give us our other 7 points. :D :p :rolleyes:

sinton66
12-02-2003, 10:29 PM
No one is crying about the refs, 75. He merely asked what happens when a coach sends a game tape to the UIL. He did not say anything blaming the refs for the loss. Come on folks, read.

SINTON65
12-02-2003, 10:32 PM
I think the original question was a valid one. This topic has been turned into something that is a little far off of the original. Believe me more rumors abound in our little town...We had a call last night wanting to know if we had heard that Burnet had an ineligible player and was being disqualified. That is NOT TRUE to my knowledge and I am not trying to start anything, just saying how rumors go. Who knows? Maybe the tape was turned in. Bad calls shouldn't necessarily change the outcome of a game, but could result in some more training for refs or get rid of the bad ones.

bulldogvet85
12-03-2003, 12:50 AM
sinton 1316:
being a Sinton fan, i saw about 10 holdings against burnet that most refs wouldve called had they seen it, one obvious one was made during a burnet TD
Sinton had a few penalites i saw that werent called as well
Sinton was also committing some fouls that were very unsportsman like, but burnet was saying some things to the players (including me) during the game that there mommies would not have approved of
but after the game, while shaking hands, everyone had mellowed out, i guess sometimes players just get caught in the "moment"
Jordan Shipley DID fumble though on the punt return, we saw it on video and i saw it during the game(i recovered the stupid ball...lol)
either way, it might have been closer, but burnet probably still wouldve pulled it off
it seems like everytime we go to mathis we get kind of "screwed" by the refs, but as someone said, thats just the way cookie crumbles
anyways, good luck burnet, TAKE STATE!The truth is that there is holding in almost every play. It just all depends on how much the refs are willing to allow happen,how much of a role it played in the play, or how noticable it was. If you were to ask almost everyone who plays they will tell you that they hold almost all the time to an extent. I have heard pro guys say that they hold alot and they do it cuz most of the time they get away with it. I mean when I played its not that I cheated or anything I would do whatever it took to block for my back or my QB. Sometimes the guy across you is going to beat you on a play or two so you have to do what it takes to get the job done. They way I always thought about it was it aint holding unless the refs says it is or throws his flag.

Keith7
12-03-2003, 12:54 AM
The UIL prolly wouldnt see it until april, if they handle it like they did the Pilot Point situation

Sittin' Fastball
12-03-2003, 09:48 AM
Zippy said:" This is High School Football not the NFL." (sorry I can't do all that fancy quote stuff)

According to the Primetime show on Monday, you guys take HS football alot more serious than the NFL. So are you saying that Everything said on this show was FAKE.

Besides, if the scores would have been reversed, you would be saying the same thing buddy.

zippy
12-03-2003, 10:48 AM
Sittin' Fastball
Scrub
Member # 3790

Rate Member posted December 03, 2003 08:48 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zippy said:" This is High School Football not the NFL." (sorry I can't do all that fancy quote stuff)

According to the Primetime show on Monday, you guys take HS football alot more serious than the NFL. So are you saying that Everything said on this show was FAKE.

Besides, if the scores would have been reversed, you would be saying the same thing buddy.

Actually, what I was referring to was that in High School football, we don't have instant replay. Even the pro refs make bad calls, but there is a instrument to overturn those bad calls.

Here's a thought, maybe we should install instant replay at the high school level. :D :D

sinton66
12-03-2003, 10:52 AM
We probably could afford things like that if our dear lawmakers would give up some of that lottery money for the schools, but that isn't going to happen unless we make 'em do it. wink

TexDoc
12-03-2003, 11:16 AM
Being an official, I can tell you that the UIL will do nothing to the officials. If the officiating was bad enough, TASO will get to look at the film, but they can't really do anything either. The film should be sent to the chapter involved so those that run the chapter can see the film. They can determine if there were any problems with the officiating and take proper action.

Many times people complain about the officiating but they simply don't understand the rules or understand exactly what happened on the field or what the officials saw. You can criticize all you want from the stands and no one will listen. If you think you can officiate better from the stands, you're certainly off-base. Also, if you think you can officiate better than the zebras on the field, come on out. We need more officials! You going to find out that its a lot harder than you ever thought.

89Dawg
12-04-2003, 12:56 PM
You Tell 'Em Doc. Good luck all, especially the refs. They are going to catch it from one side or the other. It's like they lose everygame they officiate.

toby070
12-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Don't even get me started on the Wimberley game that cost us the district championship that year... Terrible Willy, just terrible. But there really isn't much anyone can do about it.

[/QB]Arrrgggghhhhhh...I haven't heard this in a while, and I hate to drag up an old sore spot, but the refs did NOT cost you the game vs. Wimberley that year. I love you guys, and pull for you against everyone but Wimberley, but please, what cost you that game was the turnover deep in your territory (int on HB pass maybe?). That was a great game that came down to the wire, don't belittle it by whining.

Why even bring that up anyway? The loss cost you nothing, you were going big and Wimberley was the #1 seed in D II no matter what the outcome.

burnetplayer94
12-04-2003, 09:41 PM
Just to let everybody out there know,there is always going to be some bad calls in every game that is played. In one of our many ganes we played this year. It was 4th and inches,we clearly had the first down and the refs turned it over to the other team. Well we got over it and went on. The refs can't see ever thing that happens on the field. Sometimes the you have take the bad calls with the good ones.

bulldogmom2
12-04-2003, 09:55 PM
Sinton1316,,,
I think that was a great question you asked. Just learning about football myself, found it to be curious.
But to bad that almost everytime someone says something they get their behind jumped on here. Who cares about everything that everybody thought was wrong.

The fact is that Sinton played one good game the other day. From what I understand some of our boys were worn smooth out after the game. More so then than others.
congradulations to Sinton for a great season, and thanks for being so supportive to the Burnet Bulldogs today.... Hope to see ya next year... wink