PDA

View Full Version : Clear Creek HS in League City

mwynn05
06-21-2009, 09:25 PM
any one know anything about the school and town/area?

TexasHSFB
06-21-2009, 10:34 PM
The district isn't bad. You can usually count on Brazoswood and Pearland to make the playoffs. The rest down is below average.

TexasHSFB
06-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Pearland isn't in the district and Brazoswood was a bottom feeder until 2006, and they didn't make the playoffs last year. Dickinson is the biggest threat to an all-CCISD playoff district. I forgot Pearland and Dickinson switched. :doh:

B'wood was bad until recently. They should be ok this year. DeAtley has doen some good things at B'wood. They should be in the playoffs this year.

You're right about Dickinson.

When and where is that new Pearland Dawson gonna be at district wise?

TexasHSFB
06-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Dawson's a 4a school, in with La Marque, Texas City, Friendswood, Angleton, Santa Fe, etc...They'll make the playoffs this year if they can get past Alvin Manvel. La Marque, Santa Fe, Brazosport, and ALvin are all gawd awfull.
Pearland replaced North Shore in the Deer Park/Pasadena district and Dickinson moved up from 4a. Brazoswood has a freak of nature RB and a few good OL and LBs come through, that's why they were good. Dont expect them to be back at that level anytime soon. Had nothing to do with DeAtley. I dont have a very high opinion of him. Freak of nature RB.... are you talking about Yobes Walker?

He was salty. I think he's at Louisiana Lafayette now.

I respect your opinion of DeAtley. i think he ROYALLY screwed up picking their QB this past year. That Shawn Gore was TINY.... there was no way he was going to be able to get them over the hump.

And I thought Alvin was 5A? :thinking:

EDIT: And Angleton is going to be legit this year. That stud QB was only a soph I think.

TexasHSFB
06-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Yep, Walker was pretty damned good.
Alvin dropped when they opened Manvel.
Angleton should have been legit for several years. Awesome athletes, just took awhile to recover from the Potter-era.
First time I met DeAtley, he had all 3 rings from La Marque on one hand, and he spent the entire time either taping them on the table, or with his hand up by his mouth with all 3 rings displayed. Kinda made me sick. Well, I've never met the man personally but I do know that when he and his squad came to WC they pulled us outta the gutter and when he went to B'wood, they turned it around a little there too.

Also, You are right about Angleton. They have several pro athletes right now. One that comes to mind is Quentin Jammer. Potter hurt Angleton big time.... but that Quandre Diggs (sp.) is SO fast.

Ah, and thanks for the info on Alvin. I knew that Manvel school was pretty good last year for a school that just opened.

They might make some noise this year? :thinking:

formercougar18
06-22-2009, 01:31 AM
i went to LSU football camp with a kid from there....his name was Marcus Davis he was a dave campbell texas team pick and he is going to play at UT so yea they have some athletes.

TexasHSFB
06-22-2009, 01:33 AM

I know Potter all too well. How's that?

sahen
06-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Creek had a pretty good team back in the early 2000s that had success running the single wing....it was kinda strange to see a 5a team do that but they had some big boys up front that could block...they'd clear out whole sides of the field and they went pretty deep in the playoffs if i remember right...other than that i think they have pretty much done nothing but 1 or 2 and dones since they opened....

however, that said clear lake is a nice area to live in

NastySlot
06-22-2009, 09:16 AM
i was looking at the clear creek isd website.....and that education village is a pretty awesome facility....elem, ms. and high school campus on one site.............looks like a university.

http://www2.ccisd.net/EducationVillage.aspx

Matthew328
06-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by sahen
Creek had a pretty good team back in the early 2000s that had success running the single wing....it was kinda strange to see a 5a team do that but they had some big boys up front that could block...they'd clear out whole sides of the field and they went pretty deep in the playoffs if i remember right...other than that i think they have pretty much done nothing but 1 or 2 and dones since they opened....

however, that said clear lake is a nice area to live in

Was it Clear Creek or Clear Lake who went to the semis not too long ago?

sahen
06-22-2009, 10:31 AM
which one is maroon...thats the one that was running what i thought was the wing-t about 7 or 8 years ago...

TexasHSFB
06-22-2009, 10:32 AM
which one is maroon...thats the one that was running what i thought was the wing-t about 7 or 8 years ago... Clear LAKE is maroon and white. :)

sahen
06-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Clear LAKE is maroon and white. :)

i looked up the helmets, it was clear creek...clear lake is red, black, and white...their helmets used to look like the inverse of the atlanta falcons' helmet (red helmet, black falcon) looks like they have gone w/ an all red helmet now....clear creek's helmet hasnt changed much, if any since i was in school...

http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/

district 24-5a, region 3

Alvin is still 5a as well to whoever said they are now 4a....they are in district 24

sahen
06-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Clear Lake is Red, white, and blue, but it does look black sometimes.
What are you calling a "single wing"? Creek has been spread since at least 2004. But, any Q-run play from the shotgun could be considered a single wing play.

it was pre 2004, probably 2002 judging from the scores at collier-sharp (RIP) they beat us 56-7 that game....i was in high school (baytown sterling) so it was between 1999-2002 football seasons....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_wing

not being a butt by putting that in, i just liked the diagram cause that was pretty much how they lined up every play except the QB under center...i assume u know what single-wing is, it is just for the diagram purposes...

i guess tech they ran the wing-t cause they werent snapping it back in shotgun (i always thought wing-t = single wing but i just learned something if wikipedia is right), but they were lined up pretty much the same as the diagram however the QB was under center on most plays....it was weird to me because liberty pretty much ran the same offense at the time yet i hadnt seen anyone at the 5a level do it til then....all i remember is they were really good at it, granted sterling was horrible but by watching the game you knew which way they were running it each time because they literally destroyed everyone on that side of the field before the backs got there....looking at their playoff history they got knocked out in the first round that year by north shore, i thought they went further....

TexasHSFB
06-22-2009, 03:55 PM
i looked up the helmets, it was clear creek...clear lake is red, black, and white...their helmets used to look like the inverse of the atlanta falcons' helmet (red helmet, black falcon) looks like they have gone w/ an all red helmet now....clear creek's helmet hasnt changed much, if any since i was in school...

http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/

district 24-5a, region 3

Alvin is still 5a as well to whoever said they are now 4a....they are in district 24 Lol. I coulda swore on my grandmother's life that B'wood was playing "lake" in the playoffs in baseball and they were maroon but I went back and checked and it WAS "creek."

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Geez.... sorry. haha.

sahen
06-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Lol. I coulda swore on my grandmother's life that B'wood was playing "lake" in the playoffs in baseball and they were maroon but I went back and checked and it WAS "creek."

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Geez.... sorry. haha.

its ok...they are all clear something...gets confusing...

sahen
06-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Clear Creek
Clear Lake
Clear Brook
Clear Springs
In the works(no lie):
Clear Falls
Clear River
Clear Cove

ironically i cant remember seeing any clear water in that area...

TexasHSFB
06-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Clear Creek
Clear Lake
Clear Brook
Clear Springs
In the works(no lie):
Clear Falls
Clear River
Clear Cove Ha. I didn't know they were building more.