PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Brownwood this weekend....

Matthew328
06-21-2009, 07:55 PM
I know I'm eating at the mexican place past wal-mart...any other suggestions besides underwoods?

bwdlionfan
06-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I know I'm eating at the mexican place past wal-mart...any other suggestions besides underwoods?

You must be talking about Gomez... the best place to eat in Brownwood!

You might also check out Section Hand... it's out near the 3M and Kohler plants on 377 at the hospital cut-off

Sweetwater Red
06-21-2009, 08:21 PM
We ate at a place just inside Early before the LH game. I think it was called Humphrey P's(???). It was better than Underwood's. But I don't think management knew there was a playoff game that day. Lol

bwdlionfan
06-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
We ate at a place just inside Early before the LH game. I think it was called Humphrey P's(???). It was better than Underwood's. But I don't think management knew there was a playoff game that day. Lol

Personally I think Humphrey Pete's is overrated... but a lot of people love it... my sister and her husband ate there about a month ago and both got severely undercooked food.

95mustang
06-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Mifamilia in Early is pretty good. Gomez has been around along time and is always good. Underwoods is always a favorite of people passing through. Humphrey Petes in Early is not bad and Prima Pasta is pretty good Italian.

Trashman
06-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Can't recomend humphrey petes or cici's. Gomez, section hand and underwood's are the best in town. Early also has mi familia. Then there are the usual fast food places such as taco bell, kfc,micky d's etc.

LionKing
06-21-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm partial to Humphrey Pete's Jalapeno Pork chops, they're great and addictive, great owners who are huge sports fans and avid Brownwood Lions supporters, and just pretty good people, of course they are like any busy restaurant, they'll be times when service or food is lacking, but most of the time, it's pretty good.

BEAST
06-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Yea, I give Petes 2 thumbs up. I've never been let down there. Also, for BBQ, give Sticks BBQ a try. Good stuff.

BEAST

Looking4number8
06-22-2009, 07:33 AM
I am with Lion King and Beast. I love Petes and the Sticks. But I have to admit, mostly because of the owners. Both are great friends to me (and buy their groceries from me).

But like Lion King said, if you eat at Petes, try the Jal Pork Chops.. awesome meal. If you just want a sandwich, get the Chipplte Chicken Sandwhich. (also petes beer is always cold!)

At "The Sticks", my favorite is the combo sandwhich with the sliced brisket and Jal Sausage. Craig's desserts all homemade, try the Earthquake cake

garciap77
06-22-2009, 08:01 AM
The Whataburger "in Early" is good too!:D

;)

P.S. Section Hand is great!:)

Lion_Addict
06-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
But like Lion King said, if you eat at Petes, try the Jal Pork Chops.. awesome meal. If you just want a sandwich, get the Chipplte Chicken Sandwhich. (also petes beer is always cold!)

GET THE CHEESESTICKS!!!! :2thumbsup

Sweetwater Red
06-22-2009, 10:14 AM
I think I want to go to Brownwood this weekend. I've never
watched 7 on 7 and know nothing about it. But since Sweetwater
is competing I might just make my way down there.:thinking:

Lion_Addict
06-22-2009, 10:18 AM

I'll be there......glad somebody pointed out it was this weekend. I thought it was the one after :nerd:

Matthew328
06-22-2009, 10:22 AM

If you can stand the heat it's a BLAST....16 teams in one spot, right on top of the action.....get to see teams and players you don't normally get to see and the action is great....saw two awesome games last week with John Tyler-Sulphur Springs and Palestine Westwood-Wills Point

Looking4number8
06-22-2009, 10:43 AM

Come on down my friend, several of us will be there. It should be a good tournament. High school is hidden in a neighborhood, so if your are coming let me know and I will get you directions

Sweetwater Red
06-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Come on down my friend, several of us will be there. It should be a good tournament. High school is hidden in a neighborhood, so if your are coming let me know and I will get you directions

Cool deal. I'm about 70/30 right now. I need a few things to fall
into place and I am there.

Lion_Addict
06-22-2009, 10:55 AM
And my apartment is very close by, just in case we need a "beverage" ..... heh heh! ;)

garciap77
06-22-2009, 12:34 PM

Any good teams playing?:D

;)

garciap77
06-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
And my apartment is very close by, just in case we need a "beverage" ..... heh heh! ;)

Make sure you ask the girlfriend, we don't want to keep waiting on you like we did the other day at the WET-TEE SHIRT contest!:D

:p

;)

Lion_Addict
06-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Make sure you ask the girlfriend, we don't want to keep waiting on you like we did the other day at the WET-TEE SHIRT contest!:D

:p

;)

GIRLFRIEND???!!!! :mad: :mad: BAD word, BAD BAD word...... :p

garciap77
06-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
GIRLFRIEND???!!!! :mad: :mad: BAD word, BAD BAD word...... :p

Keg Party At Lion_Addict's CRIB!:D

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/JanieUignorantSlut/girl-keg-stand.jpg

;)

bwdlionfan
06-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Keg Party At Lion_Addict's CRIB!:D

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/JanieUignorantSlut/girl-keg-stand.jpg

;)

I didn't know we had beach front property in Brownwood....

WildTexan972
06-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Any good teams playing?:D

;)

no, not really

garciap77
06-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I didn't know we had beach front property in Brownwood....

I thought he lived by the lake!:D

;)

bwdlionfan
06-22-2009, 05:50 PM
I thought he lived by the lake!:D

;)

lol what part of lake brownwood are you going to where you can't see the other shoreline from across the lake?

And what part are you going to with blue water? :)