PDA

View Full Version : 7 on 7 State Qualifiers as of June 20

Matthew328
06-20-2009, 08:16 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=421&tid=123792576&mid=123792576&sid=984&style=2

Additup
06-20-2009, 09:56 PM
debacle...at 7 on 7?

block&tackle
06-20-2009, 11:08 PM
So Melissa and Pilot Point qualified out of the Celina SQT? Any other details available?

crabman
06-20-2009, 11:35 PM
From what I hear you can knock Cuero off that list and substitute Palacios.

rhs78
06-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by crabman
From what I hear you can knock Cuero off that list and substitute Palacios.
Why, are they going to back out, they won the pool? Three way tie in that pool, Rice, Cuero, and Palacios, Cuero wins on points it think.

maestro
06-21-2009, 09:24 AM
story in the victoria advocate this am...

tiebreaker mix up....but was later corrected..

palacios in....cuero out...

44INAROW
06-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by rhs78
Why, are they going to back out, they won the pool? Three way tie in that pool, Rice, Cuero, and Palacios, Cuero wins on points it think.
why assume Cuero BACKS out? Read the article in the Victoria Advocate.. misunderstanding of the tie breaker rules..

rhs78
06-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
why assume Cuero BACKS out? Read the article in the Victoria Advocate.. misunderstanding of the tie breaker rules..
Sorry, just trying to fiqure out what happened, when I left Cuero had won pool and beat Edna in the championship game. It was also listed on the 7 on 7 site. IMHO Cuero had the best team on the field yesterday.

Eagle 1
06-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Goldthwaite qualified, won their pool (Graham, Bridgeport, Eastland) beat lorena in the semis and lost to abilene wylie in the finals.
Not bad for a 1A school.

WildTexan972
06-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by block&tackle
So Melissa and Pilot Point qualified out of the Celina SQT? Any other details available?

looked to me like Aubrey was the 2nd best team to advance, but they had to play PP 1st and lost in a good game....any other draw and Aub/PP would have been the qualifiers...

Matthew328
06-21-2009, 07:06 PM
full scores from Celina are on the old coach

Electus Unus
06-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Where is China Springs?
:confused:

Matthew328
06-21-2009, 07:54 PM
China Spring is on the list a decision will be made on CS Monday

CueroDad08
06-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
Sorry, just trying to fiqure out what happened, when I left Cuero had won pool and beat Edna in the championship game. It was also listed on the 7 on 7 site. IMHO Cuero had the best team on the field yesterday.

We did have the best team for 3 of the 4 games
We beat two teams that will be at A&M on the 9-10 of July
We did play down to the other teams level when we played Palacios, that along with 5 flags in a 7 on 7 game. 2 were sideline warnings. Those are tuff to overcome in this type of game. Palacios could only stop us 1 time, the others were the flags. But that is part of this type of game. it will be alot diff. with the pads on.

Reality
06-22-2009, 10:50 AM
First thing first.. You must be suffering from gobbler flu ---- I mean Swine Flu.... Their are so many things wrong with your post I dont even know where to start so here goes the list:

1. cuero has NEVER BEAT PALACIOS in 7on7!!!! 4 years running!!
2. Cuero has the 3A cover boy and the #1 soph. in the state and
yet they still cant make the big show
3. And if Cuero plays down to opp. then I hope they dont
continue during the regular season... Typical Cuero,
making excuses for EVERYHTING!!!!
4. PENALTIES - lets talk penalties, Cuero was given 2 sideline
warnings, PALACIOS was pentalizied 5 yards for theirs.
Palacios was also penalizied 3 times for pass interfernace,
cuero was not. Those warnings had NO BEARING ON THE
OUTCOME OF THE POSITION, THEY WERE WARNINGS!!!!
5. And how is that cuero conveniently forgets the tie breaking
rules that are posted on the 7 on 7 site AT THEIR OWN
TOURNAMENT!!! HHMMMMMM!!!!!

These are just a FEW things that you failed to mention while
crying in your milk!!!!

TRENCHES06
06-22-2009, 10:51 AM
It's 7 on 7......really not that big a deal.....

44INAROW
06-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Reality
First thing first.. You must be suffering from gobbler flu ---- I mean Swine Flu.... Their are so many things wrong with your post I dont even know where to start so here goes the list:

Oh boy - WE CHOOSE TO WIN WHEN IT COUNTS.. :p

pirate4state
06-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Reality

2. Cuero has the 3A cover boy and the #1 soph. in the state and
yet they still cant make the big show
3. And if Cuero plays down to opp. then I hope they dont
continue during the regular season... Typical Cuero,
making excuses for EVERYHTING!!!!
4. PENALTIES - lets talk penalties, Cuero was given 2 sideline
warnings, PALACIOS was pentalizied 5 yards for theirs.
Palacios was also penalizied 3 times for pass interfernace,
cuero was not. Those warnings had NO BEARING ON THE
OUTCOME OF THE POSITION, THEY WERE WARNINGS!!!!
5. And how is that cuero conveniently forgets the tie breaking
rules that are posted on the 7 on 7 site AT THEIR OWN
TOURNAMENT!!! HHMMMMMM!!!!!

These are just a FEW things that you failed to mention while
crying in your milk!!!!

:1popcorn:

Cowboy_Up
06-22-2009, 11:16 AM
7 on 7 is really no big deal; it's a chance to work on some timing and keep guys in shape. After 4 games on a very hot sat afternoon in Cuero, the Edna Cowboys were toast. Cuero toasted them pretty good in the final as the 'boys were out of gas...and that QB from Cuero was throwing lasers.

Now having said all that, there was no doubt to some of the coaches there that some funny business was going on to get Cuero into the final. Reeve broke the rule, plain and simple. You want to excuse it as a honest mistake, OK, except I guarantee you other coaches knew the rule, but I just don't think anyone really looks at it as all that big of a deal. I have no doubt that Cuero could make the state deal anytime they want, but choose not to focus on 7 on 7.

As far as penalties, in the final, 4 against the cowboys and 1 against the gobblers, which in and of itself is again no big deal. What I thought was pretty classless was when the one flag was thrown against the gobbles, their HC shouted out NOOOOO from the press box, ON THE PA, and their fans turned and clapped. It's only 7 on 7, but I just don't see the need for that.

I take nothing away from the sharks, but I think they know that for the most part they are outmanned and they choose to run a 7 on 7 offense. Good for them, and if they beat you, so what. We all know that when the pads get strapped on a lot of the good 7 on 7 teams are going down hard. The Sharks got hosed by Cuero, and IMO, it was uncalled for. But, I'm not surprised as most of us know how the gobblers operate.

pirate4state
06-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
7 on 7 is really no big deal; it's a chance to work on some timing and keep guys in shape. After 4 games on a very hot sat afternoon in Cuero, the Edna Cowboys were toast. Cuero toasted them pretty good in the final as the 'boys were out of gas...and that QB from Cuero was throwing lasers.

Now having said all that, there was no doubt to some of the coaches there that some funny business was going on to get Cuero into the final. Reeve broke the rule, plain and simple. You want to excuse it as a honest mistake, OK, except I guarantee you other coaches knew the rule, but I just don't think anyone really looks at it as all that big of a deal. I have no doubt that Cuero could make the state deal anytime they want, but choose not to focus on 7 on 7.

As far as penalties, in the final, 4 against the cowboys and 1 against the gobblers, which in and of itself is again no big deal. What I thought was pretty classless was when the one flag was thrown against the gobbles, their HC shouted out NOOOOO from the press box, ON THE PA, and their fans turned and clapped. It's only 7 on 7, but I just don't see the need for that.

I take nothing away from the sharks, but I think they know that for the most part they are outmanned and they choose to run a 7 on 7 offense. Good for them, and if they beat you, so what. We all know that when the pads get strapped on a lot of the good 7 on 7 teams are going down hard. The Sharks got hosed by Cuero, and IMO, it was uncalled for. But, I'm not surprised as most of us know how the gobblers operate.

:spitlol: :1popcorn:

44INAROW
06-22-2009, 11:40 AM

gotta love backhanded compliments :doh: I guess the Cuero boys weren't hot and tired either.. :hand: If so many folks were "sure" the rules were broken, why didn't anyone mention it BEFORE THE FINAL GAME @ 12:30?
Good luck to the Cowboys in College Station.

By the way, Reality, why didn't you say something before your boys loaded up in the Suburbans with AC and headed back home? (before the Championship game)

Good Luck in College Station..

Cowboy_Up
06-22-2009, 12:24 PM
You gotta love the Cuero folks.
Palacious shows up, beats them and all they get from the Cuero folks is wait till the pads get strapped on...or the refs hosed us.
Then they get cheated out of playing in the final and all the Cuero folks think that's just dandy. You all have no shame.

44 for the record, your kids are in better shape..there was no doubting that. It's what our kids needed to see. I said you toasted us. What more do you want mod?

If you want the facts call a few of the coaches involved. You guys break a rule and then attack everyone else.

keep up the great work..I'm out of here.

44INAROW
06-22-2009, 01:18 PM
You gotta love the Cuero folks.
Palacious shows up, beats them and all they get from the Cuero folks is wait till the pads get strapped on...or the refs hosed us.
Then they get cheated out of playing in the final and all the Cuero folks think that's just dandy. You all have no shame.

44 for the record, your kids are in better shape..there was no doubting that. It's what our kids needed to see. I said you toasted us. What more do you want mod?

If you want the facts call a few of the coaches involved. You guys break a rule and then attack everyone else.

keep up the great work..I'm out of here.

OMG - nevermind.........

by the way - you're request will be handled as soon as I find someone who can handle it.......

CHSVARSITYDAD
06-22-2009, 01:56 PM
We mess up on one and all the sudden were the all time rule breakers and thats how Cuero operates. Get real! Mistake made and corrected,as far as sounding like this is commonplace your full of s@#*. Head coach also didnt know the mic was on and that also happens everywhere we go so grow up. Yes we thought it was funny that a coach would screw up we have a sense of humor so pull tour head out of your a@$.If you dont like a winning enviroment dont come back. As for the Sharks and our studs not making the 3a finals how about the last 2 quality players you ever had in football or powerlifting being juiced up and losing a big time dI scholarship.

pirate4state
06-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by CHSVARSITYDAD
We mess up on one and all the sudden were the all time rule breakers and thats how Cuero operates. Get real! Mistake made and corrected,as far as sounding like this is commonplace your full of s@#*. Head coach also didnt know the mic was on and that also happens everywhere we go so grow up. Yes we thought it was funny that a coach would screw up we have a sense of humor so pull tour head out of your a@$.If you dont like a winning enviroment dont come back. As for the Sharks and our studs not making the 3a finals how about the last 2 quality players you ever had in football or powerlifting being juiced up and losing a big time dI scholarship.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

whoa...

Gobbler Fan
06-22-2009, 04:00 PM
The Sharks win at 7on7 and it the biggest thing to happen to them since they made the playoff's a few years back so give them a break . But seriously we all know how their playoff run ended and to who when the pads were put on... end of conversation !

The Gobblers will be fine this season don't know about the Sharks you guy's shooting for .500 ? :D :evillol: :taunt:

Bullaholic
06-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Don't know about on the field....but I know that some of the Palacios and Cuero fans will be singing each other's praises prior to the game this season if these posts are any indication. :D

44INAROW
06-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Don't know about on the field....but I know that some of the Palacios and Cuero fans will be singing each other's praises prior to the game this season if these posts are any indication. :D

you making fun of the way I sing? :D :D :D :D

CueroDad08
06-22-2009, 07:54 PM
People like I said we played down to there level. Give em some credit thats what they want. Not even sure if the head coach from Palacios even knows what the whole distric calls him these days. He is the 'ONE YEAR WONDER" Yes he is still there for one reason what happen two years ago when he had a bunch of SR's that worked there butts off and made him look good. Everyone had hope that he may have turned that program around. WRONG right back to the doormat of distric 28. That's why everyone knows him now as the "ONE YEAR WONDER.
Hey wonder BOY I am glad your so up on the 7 on 7 rules. IF you read down at the very bottom were it says. " IF A team at anytime during the turney fails to show up for a game it will forfit all the games it has played in that turney. IF I am not mistaken did you not make the SHARKETTS load up and go home with one game left they could have played. ONE YEAR WONDER I hope this will fire your boys up this year, so when you do come to Cuero we will not see em Quit like they have the" last 4 years". And trust me after your remarks about our QB and RB I can see 77 - 0. that way you will not forget those numbers you love so much.

pirate4state
06-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
People like I said we played down to there level. Give em some credit thats what they want. Not even sure if the head coach from Palacios even knows what the whole distric calls him these days. He is the 'ONE YEAR WONDER" Yes he is still there for one reason what happen two years ago when he had a bunch of SR's that worked there butts off and made him look good. Everyone had hope that he may have turned that program around. WRONG right back to the doormat of distric 28. That's why everyone knows him now as the "ONE YEAR WONDER.
Hey wonder BOY I am glad your so up on the 7 on 7 rules. IF you read down at the very bottom were it says. " IF A team at anytime during the turney fails to show up for a game it will forfit all the games it has played in that turney. IF I am not mistaken did you not make the SHARKETTS load up and go home with one game left they could have played. ONE YEAR WONDER I hope this will fire your boys up this year, so when you do come to Cuero we will not see em Quit like they have the" last 4 years". And trust me after your remarks about our QB and RB I can see 77 - 0. that way you will not forget those numbers you love so much.

mkay is this giving them credit? LMAO

WildTexan972
06-22-2009, 10:57 PM
arguing over who may win a game in Region 4 come the fall....wow ....impressive....the weakest region in the state