PDA

View Full Version : Happiness as a topic. Should you be happy? Look here:

SintonFan
06-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Click on the link below and watch the first video:
Prager University (http://prageru.com/)
Let me know what you think about the video, not what you "feel" about it.:nerd: :D

sinton66
06-19-2009, 08:52 PM
not bad, I've always said no one can MAKE anyone happy. You either decide to be happy or you don't. Happiness is a state of mind, not emotion.

ronwx5x
06-19-2009, 08:57 PM
I think he is also saying that we should "act" happy even if we are not. No one can be happy all the time, but we would all probably be happier if we tried. Maybe happiness is catching.

sinton66
06-19-2009, 09:56 PM
It is indeed, and that's a good point.

lulu
06-19-2009, 10:58 PM
I think we are as happy as we make up our mind to be. Do we have sad times? Of course. Life is not a barrel of monkeys but if we have a positive outlook it helps. I think what he says is probably pretty much true. He gave some good examples.

PPHSfan
06-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Here is what my daddy always told me.

It's not how you act, but how you react that makes you a happy person.

lulu
06-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

Very good....and soooo true. Sometimes....make that most of the time ...we need to think before we act or react.:thinking:

SintonFan
06-20-2009, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

So you are saying you don't act upon your emotions?

zebrablue2
06-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I think he is also saying that we should "act" happy even if we are not. No one can be happy all the time, but we would all probably be happier if we tried. Maybe happiness is catching.

:iagree: and thanks for the clip!!!

SintonFan
06-25-2009, 10:05 PM
This is more relevant now for lots of people.:)

Trashman
06-25-2009, 10:21 PM
I'M SO HAPPY..........I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO GO BLIND OR WIND MY WATCH!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

waterboy
06-26-2009, 09:02 AM
He is right! The point that chronically unhappy people don't get, or won't get, is that their mood affects others, and that they DO have the control to change their mood. It's not always easy, but it is something, that with a little practice, CAN be done. The point is......people need to be in control of their moods, not let their moods control them. I know nobody can be happy all the time, but they can limit those unhappy times by putting a smile on their face and projecting happiness despite that mood. Like someone said long ago, "Happiness is a state of mind.":D If you put a smile on your face, the mind and body will follow!