PDA

View Full Version : Ten Years ago!

Phil C
06-19-2009, 01:54 PM
The Dallas Stars won the NHL Stanley cup. Go to youtube and on search put Dallas Stars win the Stanley Cup. Unfortunately I can't post the link because of some people ruining the comments by using bad language which ruins it for all of us. But this was a great win for a Texas Team and so far is our only pro hockey championship.

In addition Texas pro teams have won 5 super bowls (Dallas Cowboys), 6 NBA Championships (4 for San Antonio and 2 for Houston), 4 WNBA Championships (Houston Comets), and 2 pro soccer championships (Houston). Unfortunately, we haven't got a world series win and the future isn't too promising. In fact only one team (Houston Astros) reached the world series and they were swept in that series - not even one win could they pull out.

sinton66
06-19-2009, 01:55 PM
That's because they haven't been drafting TEXAS baseball players like everyone else does.:D

Phil C
06-19-2009, 01:56 PM
If I overlooked any other teams please add them.

Phil C
06-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
That's because they haven't been drafting TEXAS baseball players like everyone else does.:D

:)

turbostud
06-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Phil,
The Houston Aero's of the International Hockey League(IHL) have 2 professional hockey titles. They won the Turner Cup in 99 and 03.

Txbroadcaster
06-19-2009, 02:41 PM
The Dallas Sidekicks were a indoor soccer dynasty

crzyjournalist03
06-19-2009, 02:54 PM
I remember exactly how things went down that night 10 years ago. My parents weren't hockey fans, so we went out to dinner and hung out with some of their friends. I played outside with the car radio turned up. Then I went home and listened to the game well into the wee hours of the morning because we didn't have cable television, and the game was being carried on ESPN. As soon as the game ended, I jumped out of bed and started flipping through the news channels to see if anybody would play the celebration footage.

I went out the following Monday and bought myself a T-shirt with the caricatures of the Stars players and the Stanley Cup. I still have that shirt in my drawer, although it's quite worn out now.

I'll never forget the words ringing in my ears from Ralph Strangis:

"Heee SCORES!!! The Stars win the Stanley Cup! The Stars win the Stanley Cup!" with Darryl Reaugh in the background yelling "Yes! Yes! YES!"