PDA

View Full Version : Division 1 Recruits - Braylon Webb (Gilmer)

waterboy
06-19-2009, 10:57 AM
I just got this off of smoaky:

Gilmer free safety Braylon Webb has given his verbal commitment to play for Gary Pinkel and the Missouri Tigers.

Webb, 6-1, 190, 4.5, recorded 68-tackles, 4-Interceptions, 2-FR, 1-QB pressure, 5-passes broken up, 2-sacks, and was named to the Class 3-A all-state team and was a member of All-Smoaky.com.

Buckeyes head coach Jeff Traylor told KTBB's David Smoak, "Braylon committed right after our 7-on-7 game on Thursday night, and let me tell you this is one of the best kids you'll ever know."

Webb is the 22nd East Texan to give a verbal commitment to the Class of 2010, and could join Gilmer graduate Daniel Jenkins who is currently a redshirt freshman on the Missouri roster.
__________________________________________________ __

Congratulations go out to Braylon!:clap: He's the second D1 signee so far from Gilmer. The other, Tristan Holt, verbally committed to Baylor.

Electus Unus
06-19-2009, 11:02 AM
When it comes to Gilmer having kids sign at a major d1 school its kinda like blah just another one.

I mean that with respect and a little tongue in cheek. Congrats to Braylon.

waterboy
06-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I'm just glad these young men are getting their chance at a free education more than anything. If it weren't for scholarships, most of these kids would never get that opportunity. I'm just proud that they also get a chance to shine at the next level, and more importantly, get a chance at a degree in their chosen field.

eagles_victory
06-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Sad thing is how many of these athletes in general swander the opportunity for a free education by doing nothing.

Pawdaddy
06-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
When it comes to Gilmer having kids sign at a major d1 school its kinda like blah just another one.

I mean that with respect and a little tongue in cheek. Congrats to Braylon.

All of these guys are athletes, no doubt. One huge factor, though, is that the reputation of the Gilmer program in preparing their guys for the next level being well known throughout the D1 schools. A number of these recruits have become starters in their initial season in college. It is very likely their will be more from this class.

lulu
06-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yeah, I'm just glad these young men are getting their chance at a free education more than anything. If it weren't for scholarships, most of these kids would never get that opportunity. I'm just proud that they also get a chance to shine at the next level, and more importantly, get a chance at a degree in their chosen field.

As an old East Mt. Tiger I ever thought I would say "Go Buckeyes", Congratz to this fine young man.

waterboy
06-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by lulu
As an old East Mt. Tiger I ever thought I would say "Go Buckeyes", Congratz to this fine young man.
East Mt. Tiger? :eek: Dang, that was before my time. :D That was one HEATED rivalry back in the day.............before the consolidation. Anyway, glad to have you aboard! Gotta look out for my fella 17-3A comrades!:thumbsup: