PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the veterinarian's on the board

CHS_CG
06-19-2009, 01:17 AM
I just had my 2 1/2 year old dog spayed on Wednesday. She came home on Thursday and isnt eating much *which they said is common* but they also said to keep her in the kennel for about a week. Reading online, it says how much time you keep them isolated is kinda based on how the dog is feeling. Sadie is up walking around inside the kennel (probably because she hates being in there) and when we go for walks she seems to be doing great. Do I need to keep her kenneled for the full week or can I let her out sooner? I am worried about letting her out to soon, as shes a car chaser... Now we live in the country, so theres not alot of cars but there is enough.

Another concern, she wont use the bathroom in the kennel which I know is common for dogs not to go where they sleep, but when on a lease and walking her, shes not using the bathroom much either. Is this related to not really eating or is she just being difficult?

CHS_CG
06-19-2009, 11:14 AM
ttt

Ranger Mom
06-19-2009, 11:23 AM
I have never kept a dog I had spayed kenneled for that long.

Of course, my dogs don't chase cars either! I know their exercise should be limited to not tear out their stitches.

If she isn't really eating or drinking much, she won't be doing much of the other either!! :)