PDA

View Full Version : Banjo Minnow

Farmersfan
06-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Anyone ever use the Banjo Minnow fishing system. I just ordered some 6", 7" and 9" minnows to try while striper fishing on Texoma July 4th......

cameron91
06-18-2009, 07:51 PM
my fishing buddy , also order some.right now he's 0-3 fishing with them. in all i say about 10 hrs of fishing with them.. hope you have better luck. they look cute coming threw the water :D

ivchris
06-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Got some as a present and haven't caught a dang thing with them. The only thing I can think of is maybe in the water they resonate a sound similar to the banjo theme in Deliverance and that's scaring the fish. :D

garciap77
06-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by ivchris
Got some as a present and haven't caught a dang thing with them. The only thing I can think of is maybe in the water they resonate a sound similar to the banjo theme in Deliverance and that's scaring the fish. :D

You must be fishing at Kirby!:D

P.S. If you do catch something there don't eat it!

;)

ivchris
06-19-2009, 08:37 AM
I know, you can only imagine what they must taste like out of that lake.

Farmersfan
06-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by ivchris

Do you catch fish using other lures????? It could be a "SKILL" thang! I'm just sayin'..........................:D

Farmersfan
06-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by cameron91
my fishing buddy , also order some.right now he's 0-3 fishing with them. in all i say about 10 hrs of fishing with them.. hope you have better luck. they look cute coming threw the water :D

They must work because the guy on the infomercial caught the heck out of every kind of fish ever made!!!!!!!!!:doh: :doh: :thinking:

cameron91
06-19-2009, 02:48 PM
you may be right..at the same time those fish he was catching ,may have been not been feed so they could shoot that comercial. I'm not a bass fisherman ,( catfishing ) but I hope you have luck on them , please keep us posted on your fishing trip.I told my buddy if you don't see them using them on espn bass fishing tourney , that should tell you something..:D

ivchris
06-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Do you catch fish using other lures????? It could be a "SKILL" thang! I'm just sayin'..........................:D

LOL.....yes, yes. Slugos work pretty good, but banjo minnows just don't seem to have the thing going for them.

hawkfan
06-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Anyone ever use the Banjo Minnow fishing system. I just ordered some 6", 7" and 9" minnows to try while striper fishing on Texoma July 4th......

I wish I had talked to you before you ordered them. Here is what you due. Go to Wal-Mart and buy some Zoom Super Flukes. You can either rig them like a regular plastic lure with a worm hook or hook them in the nose like a Banjo Minnow. Either way works very well for me. They have the same action as the Banjo Minnow. I have caught several fish both ways. Let me know how it turns out for you.

Rabid Cougar
06-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Best bait for striper is shad always has always will. I worked Whitney for 22 years and has seen infinitly more fish taken with live bait.