PDA

View Full Version : Oil Prices

JasperDog94
06-18-2009, 03:34 PM
I was promised oil prices would go down but all they do is seem to go up. :mad: :mad: What gives?:confused:

BreckTxLonghorn
06-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Summer. Give'er time.

sahen
06-18-2009, 03:50 PM
weak dollar...they will drop again and drop like a rock, but who knows how high they will get before they fall...the demand isnt up so its all artifically being driven by speculators who are putting their money in oil instead of cash since the value of the dollar keeps declining...

Electus Unus
06-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Its bullcrap for them to be high as they are now.

DDBooger
06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by sahen
weak dollar...they will drop again and drop like a rock, but who knows how high they will get before they fall...the demand isnt up so its all artifically being driven by speculators who are putting their money in oil instead of cash since the value of the dollar keeps declining... I'm reading the same thing!

Txbroadcaster
06-18-2009, 04:02 PM
the only way they drop like a rock IMO is if they climb WAY up there again

as long as they stay in the 60-90 dollar range I dont think they will plummet

sahen
06-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
the only way they drop like a rock IMO is if they climb WAY up there again

as long as they stay in the 60-90 dollar range I dont think they will plummet

i was assuming they will...they have doubled in the past couple months when demand hasnt done anything (if it didnt actually go down)...we keep spending tons of money and it doesnt appear to be ending anytime soon so for the near future its safe to say the oil prices will continue to climb, hopefully they dont get ran up to the mid 100s again or higher...the country is a lot more vulnerable now that price would completely cripple us...

I. B. Watching
06-18-2009, 04:34 PM
I think they want $3 a gallon for reg. at the pump. Whoever "they" are

BuffyMars
06-18-2009, 05:12 PM
well....if they go below $60/barrel....there goes my bonus! i just need natural gas to go up now...

the gas at the pump can stay where it is...it doesn't need to go any higher than $3.

ivchris
06-18-2009, 06:40 PM
why is it that oil sells in "futures" but when the price of those "futures" goes up, the Allsups stores price goes up NOW.....and it never goes down as fast as it rises?

The gas that's already in the tanks at the store should have to remain the price of the day it was put into the tank.

LH Panther Mom
06-18-2009, 10:13 PM
"Futures" were a big part of the problem last time, too. Yes, I know that "some" increased demand worldwide happened, but when the demand dropped, the prices continued to rise. Heck, refineries in Texas shut down because of the decrease, which just increased the price because of the supply.

I'd be willing to bet that "some" oil companies will be recording huge profits for the quarter, though. :thinking:

PPHSfan
06-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Since I now own several acres in South Ft. Worth, I am a big fan of high natural gas prices. Rack em.

GUNHO
06-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by sahen
weak dollar...they will drop again and drop like a rock, but who knows how high they will get before they fall...the demand isnt up so its all artifically being driven by speculators who are putting their money in oil instead of cash since the value of the dollar keeps declining...

Yep.Speculated us to paying $4 a gallon.:mad:

ronwx5x
06-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I was promised oil prices would go down but all they do is seem to go up. :mad: :mad: What gives?:confused:

Who promised you? Sue him/her.
:mad:

ronwx5x
06-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by ivchris
why is it that oil sells in "futures" but when the price of those "futures" goes up, the Allsups stores price goes up NOW.....and it never goes down as fast as it rises?

The gas that's already in the tanks at the store should have to remain the price of the day it was put into the tank.

Then when oil prices decline the pump price has to remain high until the gas in the tank is used up? get real.

Phil C
06-19-2009, 10:17 AM
"With the high summer vacation demand the fat cats want to increase the gas prices as much as possible so they can get their million dollar bonuses by Christmas" said the Sinton GodFather while on his way up to the snack bar for a cup of coffee.

SintonFan
06-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by ivchris

Most gas stations monitor the wholesale price daily and some even several times a day. Many stations have to pay by cash or check when their gas is delivered. So when the wholesale price rises they raise their retail price to cover what they will have to pay for their next load. Unfortunately, when prices, fall many gas stations don't do the same. They reap extra profit if their area is not very competitive. If they have tough competition you see the prices go down much quicker.
I hope that helps.:)

BleedOrange
06-19-2009, 10:48 AM
If we drilled for oil and eliminated the government restrictions we wouldn't have the current problem and prices would fall. You would still pay more in the peak season but not anywhere near current level. Nothing will happen on the drilling for at least 4 years. Oh well I can still hope.

Trashman
06-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Went on a vacation trip last saturday to colorado, paid $2.49 per gallon on the way out of town. While in Colorado the price jumped from $2.65 to $2.99 per gallon. Got back to Brownwood and paid $2.51. What gives?

ronwx5x
06-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Went on a vacation trip last saturday to colorado, paid $2.49 per gallon on the way out of town. While in Colorado the price jumped from $2.65 to $2.99 per gallon. Got back to Brownwood and paid $2.51. What gives?

It's called market pricing. No other item has it's price posted on every corner for everyone to match.

sinton66
06-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Wal-Mart needs to go into the oil exploration/drilling business?:D

JasperDog94
06-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Who promised you? Sue him/her.
:mad: You can't sue the government. ;)

We were all told that it was the evil policies of the previous administration that got the oil prices so high. We were promised (in so many words) that the oil prices were caused by Bush but that the new administration would lower the price of a gallon of gas. I think we've been had.:( :doh: :doh:

PhiI C
06-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

:D :clap: :clap: :clap:

ronwx5x
06-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
You can't sue the government. ;)

We were all told that it was the evil policies of the previous administration that got the oil prices so high. We were promised (in so many words) that the oil prices were caused by Bush but that the new administration would lower the price of a gallon of gas. I think we've been had.:( :doh: :doh:

I don't recall that promise. But then, I'm not as young as I used to be. Senior moment?:confused:

ivchris
06-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Trashman

You were paying for high altitude gasoline. :D

ronwx5x
06-19-2009, 07:00 PM

And have only the old, feeble folks to do the drilling and all resulting oil would be from Asia? Don't think so. I prefer Exxon to Wal Mart when it comes to doing it right. Much as we like to talk bad about big oil, without them we'd have no oil.

SintonFan
06-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
And have only the old, feeble folks to do the drilling and all resulting oil would be from Asia? Don't think so. I prefer Exxon to Wal Mart when it comes to doing it right. Much as we like to talk bad about big oil, without them we'd have no oil.
I think what 66 was saying was supposed to be taken in a lighter tone.:p :D

sinton66
06-19-2009, 07:19 PM
We really need a "tongue planted firmly in cheek" smiley, huh?;)

ronwx5x
06-19-2009, 07:23 PM
No.

sinton66
06-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Ah, double sarcasm is often hard to detect.:doh:

ronwx5x
06-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Ah, double sarcasm is often hard to detect.:doh:

Just funnin', as I believe you were. I avoid Wal-Mart if at all possible because I know I'll get upset before I get out. If it's not someone parking a buggy while they block the rest of the aisle, it's some piece of equipment that stops working while I'm in line. I go only because they have a few things I can't get elsewhere. They do usually have the best price on gasoline though!;)

PPHSfan
06-20-2009, 01:09 AM
The price of Oil has very little to do with the price of Gasoline.

SintonFan
06-20-2009, 02:15 AM
lol
:D

JasperDog94
06-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
The price of Oil has very little to do with the price of Gasoline. Then why do their price fluctuations mirror each other?

XtremeCouture
06-20-2009, 06:40 PM
The price of Oil has very little to do with the price of Gasoline.
yeah just like steroids have nothing to do with home run records:rolleyes:

TexasHSFB
06-20-2009, 06:54 PM
The price of Oil has very little to do with the price of Gasoline. riiiigggggghhhhhttttt........

navscanmaster
06-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Since my pay depends on how much our company is making for oilfield services, and 95% of our work is natural gas wells, I sure wouldn't mind if natural gas got back up over $6/1000 again.

TexasHSFB
06-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Since my pay depends on how much our company is making for oilfield services, and 95% of our work is natural gas wells, I sure wouldn't mind if natural gas got back up over $6/1000 again. Wow, that's not selfish at all.