PDA

View Full Version : Funny or tasteless??

Ranger Mom
06-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Or tastelessly funny?

I had to laugh at a few things on the video!!

Video link HERE (http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/06/17/shawn-johnson-dead-video-doesnt-amuse-her-friends-and-family/)

Shawn Is NOT Dead
In her 17 years of life, Shawn Johnson has experienced more than the average teen. The gymnast won three silver medals and one gold medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics, won 'Dancing With the Stars' in Season 8 and filed a restraining order against a crazed stalker this March. Now, Johnson is dealing with false rumors circulating that she has died.

The satirical news source 'The Onion' posted a video claiming Shawn was 'put down' after breaking her knee. Not only is she still alive, but she is not injured either. The fictitious video shows Shawn's 'parents' discussing the tough choice they had to make to euthanize their daughter.

With the bad also comes the good. This week Shawn was nominated for two Teen Choice Awards: best female athlete and best female reality star.

sinton66
06-18-2009, 03:12 PM
I understand comedic license, but sometimes it does cross the line. This may not have actually crossed it, but it bruised the hell out of it. May be a lawsuit coming.

Bullaholic
06-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I understand comedic license, but sometimes it does cross the line. This may not have actually crossed it, but it bruised the hell out of it. May be a lawsuit coming.

I agree with 66'---semi-funny, semi-tasteless.

pirate4state
06-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Then it should come as no surprise to yall that I laughed out loud several times!

The Onion is notorious for this kind of stuff.

jason
06-18-2009, 03:19 PM
lol

"...she was only 17 years old so we never got to breed her..."

Ranger Mom
06-18-2009, 03:21 PM
For myself, it was almost like hearing a sacrilegious joke....and laughing and feeling like you are gonna be struck by lightning at the same time.

Evidently, "Shawn Johnson Dead" is one of the most phrases googled the past couple of days!!

ivchris
06-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
For myself, it was almost like hearing a sacrilegious joke....and laughing and feeling like you are gonna be struck by lightning at the same time.

Evidently, "Shawn Johnson Dead" is one of the most phrases googled the past couple of days!!

Yes, this is exactly what I was trying to think of.

icu812
06-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Not much difference between this and the inquirer type mags at the grocery store checkout line saying that Madona had bigfoots baby. Who buys those anyway??

Electus Unus
06-18-2009, 05:50 PM
I think its funny cause they are treating it like horse racing lol

BreckTxLonghorn
06-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Tastelessly funny?

Pmoney
06-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
I think its funny cause they are treating it like horse racing lol
that is what I found funny about it also

TheDOCTORdre
06-18-2009, 07:36 PM
they're going to name their next gymnast "Spirit of Shawn"

SintonFan
06-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Not much difference between this and the inquirer type mags at the grocery store checkout line saying that Madona had bigfoots baby. Who buys those anyway??
lol
:doh:
Madonna DID have a bigfoot baby. She did have Dennis Rodman right?
:doh: :doh: :doh:

PPHSfan
06-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Funny as hell. I love it.