PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat in Austin ?

mav83
06-18-2009, 01:26 PM
I will be in Austin with my daughter Saturday and it will be her 24th Birthday. Any suggestions on where to take her to eat, maybe something with live music.

Thanks

DDBooger
06-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by mav83
I will be in Austin with my daughter Saturday and it will be her 24th Birthday. Any suggestions on where to take her to eat, maybe something with live music.

Thanks Hula Hut in the evening is nice, especially on the deck

TheDOCTORdre
06-18-2009, 08:27 PM
any type of food in particular your daughter enjoys

carter08
06-20-2009, 01:42 AM
thundercloud
death metal pizza (right across from Emos ((I THINK))
hoboken pizza

piratebg
06-20-2009, 09:39 PM
My Grandmas. She make some awesome tamales and enchiladas. :D

rockdale80
06-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by carter08
thundercloud
hoboken pizza

None of those places jump out as a place to take a daughter for her birthday.

p.s. thundercloud is horrible. Jimmy Johns or Delaware Subs is the way to go.

Electus Unus
06-21-2009, 03:09 AM
Baby A's

TexasHSFB
06-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Lol. On 6th street right? You're crazy. That place is nuts.

And, we went to some place that had "emerald" or "pearl" or something like that in it's name. It was good and it was either on or near 6th street.

Lion_Addict
06-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Bone Daddy's....... ;)

pirate4state
06-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Baby A's

purple margaritas!!!!

BreckTxLonghorn
06-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80

p.s. thundercloud is horrible. Jimmy Johns or Delaware Subs is the way to go.

Jimmy John's is good. Delaware has certain items that are great, but come on - do not trash Dirty Hippie Sandwiches. That place is amazing, plus all the dirty hippies that work there are incredibly nice. My favorite sandwich place in Austin BY FAR.

Now favorite sandwhich is a whole 'nother story, Thundercloud is just best overall.

TexasHSFB
06-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Lol. On 6th street right? You're crazy. That place is nuts.

And, we went to some place that had "emerald" or "pearl" or something like that in it's name. It was good and it was either on or near 6th street. It was called opal divine i think.

carter08
06-24-2009, 08:20 AM
It was called opal divine i think.

i've heard of it.

there's a guy who's originally from Lake Jackson who used to play there a lot. not sure if he still does or not.

i was gonna stop in last time i was in austin, but it was during SXSW and it was crazy and yeah.

Electus Unus
06-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
purple margaritas!!!! everytime we go we always get a waitress that thinks my friends and me are hot so they give us like 4 or 5 each.

rockdale80
06-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Jimmy John's is good. Delaware has certain items that are great, but come on - do not trash Dirty Hippie Sandwiches. That place is amazing, plus all the dirty hippies that work there are incredibly nice. My favorite sandwich place in Austin BY FAR.

Now favorite sandwhich is a whole 'nother story, Thundercloud is just best overall.

I just dont like the bread, or the last two times (only) I went the bread was soggy and not appetizing. If you say it is good I will try again, but I wont have any expectations. ;)

I_Do_Care
06-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Any of yall ever had Alvin Ords? Awesome sandwiches

BreckTxLonghorn
06-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I just dont like the bread, or the last two times (only) I went the bread was soggy and not appetizing. If you say it is good I will try again, but I wont have any expectations. ;)

That's all I can ask. Try a Cali Club on wheat with Thundersauce, and if they have the Miss Vickie's lime & black pepper chips, you then have the greatest lunch known to man.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-24-2009, 04:48 PM
It was called opal divine i think.

Pretty decent 'bar' food. I usually go to the ones south or north though, to stay away from the stinkies on bikes :p

BEAST
06-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
Any of yall ever had Alvin Ords? Awesome sandwiches

Oh yeah. My sister use to live in Weatherford and everytime I went to see her we went to eat there. Damn it was good.

BEAST