PDA

View Full Version : Athlete's Moving Away!!!

SHSBulldog00
06-18-2009, 11:38 AM
We have had four athlete's move away in the last few years. They would have been Juniors this coming season. Two moved to Houston, one to Corpus and one to Liberty Hill. They all would have played an intregal (sp?) part on our team. Is this natural for this many in one class?

waterboy
06-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
We have had four athlete's move away in the last few years. They would have been Juniors this coming season. Two moved to Houston, one to Corpus and one to Liberty Hill. They all would have played an intregal (sp?) part on our team. Is this natural for this many in one class?
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked003.gif Wow! Liberty Hill's recruiting now?:doh: :D

Maroon87
06-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked003.gif Wow! Liberty Hill's recruiting now?:doh: :D

If one of them moved to Corpus, I'm sure we recruited him...;)

Fal44
06-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

or moody to play baseball... :D

Dogs_21
06-18-2009, 01:38 PM
I know two of them that you are talking about and they both were in the top 5 athletes in sweeny's upcoming junior class.. And 1 is a really outstanding basketball player and will start this year on the Fort Bend Hightower Football Team.. I would have sured liked to see this class stay together but that's how it is...

ronwx5x
06-18-2009, 01:41 PM

How did Celina miss out on such opportunities?:D

waterboy
06-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I heard they didn't want to wear those awful ugly orange Whataburger uniforms!:D

WildTexan972
06-18-2009, 04:30 PM
I heard they didn't want to wear those awful ugly orange Whataburger uniforms!:D

Celina turned down their applications since we already knew we could beat LH and Gilmer without em.....ornage uniforms or not....

get to 6 then mouth off....until then you are just wishin you could be as good as Celina.....

(besides.....we recruit out of state now to stop havin to hear this crap from the peasants that serve to make our incredible legacy grow)

waterboy
06-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
Celina turned down their applications since we already knew we could beat LH and Gilmer without em.....ornage uniforms or not....

get to 6 then mouth off....until then you are just wishin you could be as good as Celina.....

(besides.....we recruit out of state now to stop havin to hear this crap from the peasants that serve to make our incredible legacy grow)
Uuuuhhh.........First you have to actually BEAT LH or Gilmer........After that, THEN you can mouth off!:D

lulu
06-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Uuuuhhh.........First you have to actually BEAT LH or Gilmer........After that, THEN you can mouth off!:D

Get em Waterboy;)

WildTexan972
06-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Gilmer can't seem to last long enough to get to us and we have beaten LH....maybe you best buy a clue before you try to outsmart a genius....

try to get to us this year Gilmer.....6-7 years ago don't count anymore....if you get 2nd in state this year it won't be bad for ya.....and then what....only 6-7 titles to catch us?

scrub c
06-18-2009, 07:42 PM

Yes, we have that problem...

LHexPlayer
06-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I hope the kid who moved to Liberty Hill can play.

TheDOCTORdre
06-18-2009, 08:12 PM
hold on recruitings going on and snyder didnt get in on it?:D

LH Panther Mom
06-18-2009, 09:53 PM
one to Liberty Hill.
Huh? Who? Gimme the scoop....pm is good. ;)

DaHop72
06-18-2009, 10:06 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked003.gif Wow! Liberty Hill's recruiting now?:doh: :D :eek: :eek: :D :D

DaHop72
06-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
hold on recruitings going on and snyder didnt get in on it?:D :tisk: :tisk: Now, now Dr., people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. :D :D

SHSBulldog00
06-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Actually, I believe he is at West Oso.

SHSBulldog00
06-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
I know two of them that you are talking about and they both were in the top 5 athletes in sweeny's upcoming junior class.. And 1 is a really outstanding basketball player and will start this year on the Fort Bend Hightower Football Team.. I would have sured liked to see this class stay together but that's how it is...

I agree!!! This group is really special. If I remember correctly when they were all together 7th, 8th and 9th grade year's this class was 23 - 0 - 1. The remaining players will be Huge in Sweeny's success this year.

TexasHSFB
06-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Sweeny benefits as much as anybody from move ins in this area, so it's not as big of a deal as you make it seem.

Pick6
06-19-2009, 07:40 AM

..6-7 years ago don't count anymore......only 6-7 titles to catch us?

If 6-7 years ago doesn't count, then how many of Celina's title's still count, 2 or 3

waterboy
06-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Gilmer can't seem to last long enough to get to us and we have beaten LH..

:thinking: Could be because we played the GOOD teams earlier in the playoffs. We lost to the eventual state champion in '03, '06, '07, '08....it doesn't matter which round....and we won it all in '04, the only year in which we played Celina (What happened in that game again? Does 45-22 ring a bell?). Having an easier road doesn't make you a better team.... Y'all did finally beat LH last year.:clap:Celina is irrelevant to East Texas teams, because y'all can't beat us....i.e., Daingerfield in '02, '08; Gilmer in '04; Carthage in '08 :D Beat one of these teams, then maybe I'll listen to you shoot your mouth off.....:D

..maybe you best buy a clue before you try to outsmart a genius....

:thinking: You rode the "short bus" to school, didn't you?;) And buying a "Blue's Clues" video doesn't make you have a clue...:D

try to get to us this year Gilmer.....6-7 years ago don't count anymore....if you get 2nd in state this year it won't be bad for ya.....and then what....only 6-7 titles to catch us?
I'm sure there'll be a lot of very GOOD teams that'll have something to say about whether Gilmer can get there this year.......after all, we are in the TOUGHEST region in the state. And there's absolutely no shame in getting 2nd in state........:thinking: ........and y'all should know.....right?:D

lulu
06-19-2009, 09:42 AM
:thinking: Could be because we played the GOOD teams earlier in the playoffs. We lost to the eventual state champion in '03, '06, '07, '08....it doesn't matter which round....and we won it all in '04, the only year in which we played Celina (What happened in that game again? Does 45-22 ring a bell?). Having an easier road doesn't make you a better team.... Y'all did finally beat LH last year.:clap:Celina is irrelevant to East Texas teams, because y'all can't beat us....i.e., Daingerfield in '02, '08; Gilmer in '04; Carthage in '08 :D Beat one of these teams, then maybe I'll listen to you shoot your mouth off.....:D

:thinking: You rode the "short bus" to school, didn't you?;) And buying a "Blue's Clues" video doesn't make you have a clue...:D

I'm sure there'll be a lot of very GOOD teams that'll have something to say about whether Gilmer can get there this year.......after all, we are in the TOUGHEST region in the state. And there's absolutely no shame in getting 2nd in state........:thinking: ........and y'all should know.....right?:D

Tell it Waterboy. I know Buckeye land can and who would know better than a 17 3A opponent.

LHexPlayer
07-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Do we have a name for the kid that moved to Liberty Hill? Also any other move-ins that have shown up in Liberty Hill?

SHSBulldog00
07-27-2009, 12:46 PM
I'll PM the name to you.

piratebg
07-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Actually, I believe he is at West Oso.

What a waste. :dispntd:

SHSBulldog00
07-27-2009, 01:29 PM
We want him back in Sweeny!

jason
07-27-2009, 01:31 PM
is there something going on in sweeney driving kids (people) away?

SHSBulldog00
07-27-2009, 01:36 PM
NO!!!

The boys that went to Liberty Hill and West Oso left because of Family reason's. We just finished remodeling our High School......it can hold 1,000 students. I 'll try to find a picture.

TexasHSFB
07-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by jason
is there something going on in sweeney driving kids (people) away? Sweeny is all about the plant that is nearby. Families come and go.

This guy is tripping out over a few kids who moved away but their ALL STATE RB was a move-IN. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't hear him complaining about that. Like I said, people come and go from that area. Sweeny has benefitted from move ins more than move outs have hurt them. It's a way of life over there.

And why can't we have some names? It's not like we're talking about criminals. They just moved away. Let's have some names.

LH Panther Mom
07-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Also any other move-ins that have shown up in Liberty Hill?
I know of one for sure, from SP.

WildTexan972
07-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

Celina won't sign castoffs from mediocre teams....

WildTexan972
07-27-2009, 11:55 PM

wow...so hard up for news you have to go back 5 years to having beaten Celina? we were the smallest 3a in the state that year so you can brag on that? celina does not matter to most east texas teams because most won't make it as far as us and you ALL whine about how every team in Region 3 is the best in the state.....Celina gets there, so try getting there yourself 10 times then see how many ya won....if Region 3 is so good then let 1 of them win 8 and let's hear em crow about it....go ahead...name any Region3 team that has won 8......I'm waiting....can you hillbillies even COUNT to 8?

back to the porch and swiggin moonshine for you....

Farmersfan
07-28-2009, 08:32 AM

You are one my all time favorites waterboy but dang this post is dumb!
Sure Gilmer lost to the eventual state champs a few times but that doesn't mean they would have won state if they had gotten past those teams. And how many times has Celina lost to the eventual state champs? And I assume that Celina had to BEAT the second best team in the state in order to get a victory in those 8 state title games. (including any East Tx teams that might have made it that far).

waterboy
07-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
You are one my all time favorites waterboy but dang this post is dumb!
Sure Gilmer lost to the eventual state champs a few times but that doesn't mean they would have won state if they had gotten past those teams. And how many times has Celina lost to the eventual state champs? And I assume that Celina had to BEAT the second best team in the state in order to get a victory in those 8 state title games. (including any East Tx teams that might have made it that far).
Yeah, I guess it was a little dumb, but sometimes when you're dealing with some people, you have to talk in their terms.:D I'm not taking anything away from what Celina has done, and for the most part their fans are just a proud bunch, and have every right to be, but sometimes they get plain arrogant. Sometimes it just deems a response. There's absolutely no need to diss another team in the process, though. I wouldn't be a bit surprised this year if Gilmer and Celina met again, and who knows what would happen in that game. I'd be happy with a rematch, because that would mean it would be the finals!:thumbsup: