PDA

View Full Version : PETA!! Get real!!!!

Ranger Mom
06-18-2009, 08:31 AM
The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded on Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood.

"Get out of here," the president told the pesky insect. When it didn't, he waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked it dead.

"Now, where were we?" Obama asked Harwood. Then he added: "That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."

Friedrich said that PETA was pleased with Obama's voting record in the Senate on behalf of animal rights and noted that he has been outspoken against animal abuses.

Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."

Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said the White House has no comment on the matter.

I kill flies, mosquitos, scorpions and the occasional rattlesnake.....take THAT PETA!! :tongue: :tongue:

BILLYFRED0000
06-18-2009, 08:33 AM
do ya think these are real people anymore. I think they have gone over to the other side. The animal side. They should no longer have the right to determine human affairs and should try living like animals to see how it really works.

sinton66
06-18-2009, 08:37 AM
I think they need to provide their address so everyone can ship the little darlin' flies to them when they catch them.

waterboy
06-18-2009, 08:38 AM
:doh: These people at PETA are just plain STUPID!! It's a FLY!! Next thing you know they'll be trying to ban killing mosquitoes.:rolleyes: These people are just weird, and have absolutely NO grasp on reality.:dispntd:

Bullaholic
06-18-2009, 08:45 AM
All they want is your attention and getting the name "PETA" out there. "Fly" swatting protests---naked protesters---you name it---they will employ it......and you know what?----It's working....

Ranger Mom
06-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
All they want is your attention and getting the name "PETA" out there. "Fly" swatting protests---naked protesters---you name it---they will employ it......and you know what?----It's working....

Should I delete my thread??:eek: :eek:

pirate4state
06-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Should I delete my thread??:eek: :eek: If you do, you'd have to delete a lot more threads on this board!

Shoo fly don't bother me :D

pero chato
06-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Surely they don't treat their houses for termites or spray their yards for ticks and fleas, etc, etc, etc

Bullaholic
06-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Should I delete my thread??:eek: :eek:

LOL. My post was not directed at your thread, RM. I was just pointing out the outrageous means that organizations, celebrities, and even corporations will employ to get their name before us in a positive or a negitive fashion---they don't care just as long as we remember their name.

Bullaholic
06-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
If you do, you'd have to delete a lot more threads on this board!

Shoo fly don't bother me :D

You callin' me a "fly", woman? :D

Pick6
06-18-2009, 09:13 AM
I thought this President didn't believe in the death penalty :)

Emerson1
06-18-2009, 09:22 AM
I read that PETA puts down 90% of the animals they take into their shelters.

CHS_CG
06-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Im all for animal rights, I hate to see an animal suffering.... but I think this story calls for Jason's Sig!

CHS_CG
06-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Hey PETA, I just killed a mosquitoe in the same fashion as President Obama! Whatcha gunna do about it!

Looking4number8
06-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Man, I dont want to go to a members of PETA's house for dinner. First of all... no meat! Thats a bunch of BS. Then the house has to be covered with roaches, flies, fleas, spiders, mice.... If you don't kill these things, they mulitiply!

What a great place to live

Bullaholic
06-18-2009, 11:12 AM
A little boy came down to breakfast. Since he lived on a farm, his mother asked if he had done his chores. “Not yet,” said the little boy. His mother tells him he can't have any breakfast until he does his chores.

Well, he's a little pissed, so he goes to feed the chickens, and he kicks a chicken. He goes to feed the cows, and he kicks a cow. He goes to feed the pigs, and he kicks a pig.

He goes back in for breakfast and his mother gives him a bowl of dry cereal. “How come I don't get any eggs and bacon? Why don't I have any milk in my cereal?” he asks.

“Well,” his mother says, “I saw you kick a chicken, so you don't get any eggs. I saw you kick the pig, so you don't get any bacon, either. I also saw you kick the cow, so you aren't getting any milk this morning.”

Just about then, his father comes down for breakfast, and he kicks the cat as he's walking into the kitchen.

The little boy looks up at his mother with a smile, and says, “Are you going to tell him, or should I?”

Looking4number8
06-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
A little boy came down to breakfast. Since he lived on a farm, his mother asked if he had done his chores. “Not yet,” said the little boy. His mother tells him he can't have any breakfast until he does his chores.

Well, he's a little pissed, so he goes to feed the chickens, and he kicks a chicken. He goes to feed the cows, and he kicks a cow. He goes to feed the pigs, and he kicks a pig.

He goes back in for breakfast and his mother gives him a bowl of dry cereal. “How come I don't get any eggs and bacon? Why don't I have any milk in my cereal?” he asks.

“Well,” his mother says, “I saw you kick a chicken, so you don't get any eggs. I saw you kick the pig, so you don't get any bacon, either. I also saw you kick the cow, so you aren't getting any milk this morning.”

Just about then, his father comes down for breakfast, and he kicks the cat as he's walking into the kitchen.

The little boy looks up at his mother with a smile, and says, “Are you going to tell him, or should I?”

Is that why PETA has very few male members?

Electus Unus
06-18-2009, 11:40 AM
I think Peta should be put in the "don't have souls" category along with Gingers.

Farmersfan
06-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Is that why PETA has very few male members?

"male members"???? :eek: :eek:

Maroon87
06-18-2009, 12:19 PM
The sad part of all of this is that this story doesn't surprise me at all.