PDA

View Full Version : Prayers..Navasota has lost another teen

navscanmaster
06-17-2009, 11:31 PM
A young lady who was to be a junior at Navasota HS lost her life in a car accident outside of Navasota tonight. Jessica Mattern, a Diamonette member, was killed and her 4 year old sister Sierra was flown to Memorial Hermann with severe injuries, along with another young occupant. The 16 year old driver was taken by ambulance to College Station medical center.

This is especially hard for my family, as my wife and I have watched her dance with our little sisters the last few years, and she has always been a wonderful, active person with a real level head for a teenager. I can't imagine the grief her family must be going through right now. Please keep the Mattern family in your prayers.

P.S. If you have kids, please take the time to know who they are riding or driving with. This could happen to anybody. Navasota has had two teens die in car accidents in the last month, and by my count, 9 or 10 since 2004. :(

OldBison75
06-17-2009, 11:45 PM
I have spent the last several hours with a group of young ladies that lost a team member and friend and are devastated. The last we heard the younger sister of the girl who died is in very critical condition with severe head injuries. Please pray for this family and the other family involved. And, this community will pull together and through the grace of God we will move forward, but right now the knowledge that others are thinking about us is so comforting. Thanks in advance.

Z-RO
06-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Very sad news, prayers sent :(

Keep us updated on the younger child's condition

LH Panther Mom
06-18-2009, 05:26 AM
Prayers are coming your way. :(

LHS 2SONS
06-18-2009, 06:24 AM
Prayers from LG as well

Looking4number8
06-18-2009, 06:56 AM
My heart and prayers are with the family and your community

zebrablue2
06-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Prayers said and sent!!!

garciap77
06-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Prayers from Wylie.

CHS_CG
06-18-2009, 07:39 AM
I just saw this on the news. My prayers go out to the families and friends involved.

KBTX didnt know the condiction of the driver.. is there any word on that?

Bone Pile
06-18-2009, 07:53 AM
With a heavy heart I send prayers for the entire family. Nothing could be worse than losing a child.
May God keep you forever strong.

BwdLions
06-18-2009, 10:02 AM
It's always so sad to hear about something like this. My prayers are with the family and community.

44INAROW
06-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Prayers from Cuero :( I can't imagine the sorry for the family :(

HEMOTOXIC
06-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Prayers sent. This is a very sad story. It really amazes me. When I was in high school (95-99), we lost a few students to accidents too. Things like this, unfortunately, continue to happen in Navasota.

OldBison75
06-18-2009, 01:44 PM
UPDATE:

According to the information received this morning, the young lady that was driving the ehicle and her baby sister were both released from the hospital with only minor injuries. A third teenager that was in the vehicle was treated for a broken leg and is now at home.

Jessica's little sister, Sierra, is in Hermann Hospital in Houston in very critical condition with sever head injuries. The last report stated she had survuved through the night, which was a surprise to the medical staff. She was baptised in the hospital room this morning and it was reported that her temperature and vitals immediately showed a little improvement. P;ease keep praying.

lulu
06-18-2009, 06:12 PM
I am so sorry for this family. May God wrap his arms around them and comfort them. We should all think about how vulnerable our youngsters are and how quickly life can change.

My prayers are with you.

westcoast54
06-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Prayers to the entire town of Navasota.

navscanmaster
06-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Sierra passed away about an hour ago at Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston. Please, please, keep their mother Crystal, her three sons, and the fathers of the little girls in your prayers. This is one of the most awful tragedies this town has ever seen, and for my wife and I, who both have little sisters that danced on the Diamonettes with Jessica, this really hits home.

Tx Challenge
06-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Sorry to hear. Prayers sent

1st and goal
06-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Our heartfelt prayers go to this family and Navasota. Please Lord, put your hands on these children, their families and their medical staff...Amen

navscanmaster
06-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Good grief, I am sorry, but our information was wrong, thankfully though. We are now hearing that she was taken off of life support, but is breathing on her own. This is from people that are at the hospital with the family. Somehow, in the exchange with a family member of mine, the message they got was only that they took her off life support.

I would like to wish her a speedy recovery, and I apologize for any false information and feelings this may have caused. Please keep the family in your prayers.

Ranger Mom
06-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Good grief, I am sorry, but our information was wrong, thankfully though. We are now hearing that she was taken off of life support, but is breathing on her own. This is from people that are at the hospital with the family. Somehow, in the exchange with a family member of mine, the message they got was only that they took her off life support.

I would like to wish her a speedy recovery, and I apologize for any false information and feelings this may have caused. Please keep the family in your prayers.

That is great to hear!!! Continued prayers for the family and friends and a extra special prayer for little Sierra.....hang in there baby and keep fighting!!!

lulu
06-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

Let's keep praying as hard as we can. There are a lot of us reading and posting here. Let's RALLY for this family. Prayer Warriors NEVER QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OldBison75
06-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Family members are reporting that Sierra is on assisted breathing and shows very minor signs of improvement, but every positive step is GOOD. The very fact that on Thursday night the doctors did not expect her to live through the night and now they are using terms like improvement is a blessing. Your prayers are being heard by God and the Navasota community and are helping us all to heal. Thank You from Navasota and from Sierra's Family.

Bull's-eye
06-19-2009, 10:38 AM
I'm sending prayers from Sugar Land. :)

lulu
06-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I'm sending prayers from Sugar Land. :)

Keep them coming Bull's-eye. Pray Pray Pray

Have you heard from Buddy? Miss seeing him since baseball is over.

Bull's-eye
06-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Keep them coming Bull's-eye. Pray Pray Pray

Have you heard from Buddy? Miss seeing him since baseball is over.

Yes, talked to him on the phone yesterday.

OldBison75
06-19-2009, 03:49 PM
The Navasota Diamonettes, the drill team that Jessica was a member of, has organized a candelight memorial service in her honor and to pray for her sister, Sierra, to recover. The event will be at 8:00 p.m. in the Navasota High School parking lot tonight. I know that this group of young ladies has been working very hard to remember the life of one of thier friends and they appreciate the hundreds of prayers and love they have received from this site and many other sources.

I ask that as a group, the 3ADOWNLOW family take a moment of silence tonight at 8PM and say a prayer for this family and this town. You people are some of the finest in the state and your prayers and thoughts are powerful and treasured.

lulu
06-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
The Navasota Diamonettes, the drill team that Jessica was a member of, has organized a candelight memorial service in her honor and to pray for her sister, Sierra, to recover. The event will be at 8:00 p.m. in the Navasota High School parking lot tonight. I know that this group of young ladies has been working very hard to remember the life of one of thier friends and they appreciate the hundreds of prayers and love they have received from this site and many other sources.

I ask that as a group, the 3ADOWNLOW family take a moment of silence tonight at 8PM and say a prayer for this family and this town. You people are some of the finest in the state and your prayers and thoughts are powerful and treasured.

request honored here. Hope many prayers were sent up.
Any updates on Sierra?

ronwx5x
06-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Done.

HEMOTOXIC
06-19-2009, 09:49 PM
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/48643692.html

Sad sad news....KBTX is reporting Sierra has succumbed to her injuries.

CHS_CG
06-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC

I just read that and was about to ask. Is there truth to this story, they are saying she was taken off of life support today... are they not getting the full story?

navscanmaster
06-19-2009, 10:05 PM
I was at the candlelight service for Jessica. The brothers and grandfather announced that Sierra passed just before the service, and that her organs were being donated to other children. It was a very sad, sad service. The girl who was driving was there, and she is not doing well emotionally. These children and their families need a lot of support right now.

Z-RO
06-19-2009, 10:31 PM
:(

lulu
06-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC

Dear God.....comfort this family.

sinton66
06-19-2009, 11:41 PM
A horrible tragedy. God, please provide guidance and comfort to these folks in the coming months. Be with that young driver and ease her pain. By your mercy and grace, grant them all peace of mind and heart

Footballhudini
06-20-2009, 10:12 AM
there's really nothing to say when something like this happens. :(

gbei

OldBison75
06-20-2009, 01:51 PM
To all the 3ADOWNLOW family.

Young Sierra fought a great fight to survive and God called her to be his angel. She passed away on Friday night and her mother made the brave decision to donate her organs to the benefit of other childrent that needed a donor to have a chance at a normal life. This gesture just goes to prove the quality of people this family that lost two daughters really is.

Your prayers have been a comfort to me and to all who have felt the grief and pain of this situation. We ask that you continue to pray for the family, friends, and the families of the other children involved in this tragedy.

I personally want tho tell this forum that it is an honor to be associated with such a fine group of people that would step forward and support people they did not know without judgement. May God Bless each of your lives and give you the comfort that he has given us through your prayers.