PDA

View Full Version : My Problem with the College World Series

eagles_victory
06-17-2009, 06:26 PM
It is just too spread out nowadays Im not sure because I have never been a huge fan but I seem to remember it differently. Baseball is a game that is meant to be played everyday at these high levels. Texas for example played Sunday Tuesday and now Friday I just think those are too long of breaks part of being a good baseball team is pitching depth and the way this sets up you can start your top pitcher in 2 of the first 3 games. I just dont like it and wish they played at least 3 out of 4 days and didnt drag it out so much.

Pmoney
06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
I think it would be tough because all the games are played at the same stadium...they also do it for profit if they played like you want it to be it would last 3-5 days while they make it a week long event which makes ppl pay for each day/game they go to...and also in college baseball its not like the pros where they play 6 games a week they usually play 3 games fri-sun every week

Electus Unus
06-17-2009, 07:02 PM
All playoffs are spread out now days to make more TV time.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Once you get to the MLB World Series they do the same thing - every other day, with (I believe) two days in between 2-3 & 5-6 for travel.

Maroon87
06-17-2009, 07:43 PM
When you win your first 2 games it gives you a longer break. Plus, each bracket is assigned to play certain days. Also, double elimination makes it longer too...

gtownfan
06-17-2009, 08:59 PM
I personally like the old format better, 8 teams in a double elimintaiton tournament.

It made it tough on TV, but I think it was much more entertaining to watch. It put more of a premium on pitching with the possibility of having to play 3 or 4 days in a row.

The way it is now, if you follow a team, you only have to follow the bracket they are in, till the finals.

3afan
06-18-2009, 09:08 AM
i like it the way it is 'cause there are more games for me to watch in prime time

eagles_victory
06-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
I think it would be tough because all the games are played at the same stadium...they also do it for profit if they played like you want it to be it would last 3-5 days while they make it a week long event which makes ppl pay for each day/game they go to...and also in college baseball its not like the pros where they play 6 games a week they usually play 3 games fri-sun every week I totally get it is all about the profit to me it just takes away from the quality of the tournament. I liked the old format managers had to be so strategic about how they used their rosters because of the quick turnaround it made for great entertainment to me. I guess what is annoying is it is basically a regional which is played in 3 days at the start of the tournament and now it is played in 6 days when you get to Omaha.