PDA

View Full Version : Trains Running Through Wharton County

Antec
06-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Trains started running through through Wharton County this morning-From Kendleton-to Hungerford-Wharton-El Campo-Louise-Ganado- Edna etc to Victoria

We live in Hungerford and track is under 100 yards across the highway on Business 59 from us

They've been doing test runs for past month but now I'm sure it will get worse with more noise and crossing signals claingy away at all times of the night

It's been over (I think almost 25 years) since the train has run through here

Just hope there are no accidents and drivers pay attention at all the crossings along the way

Old Green
06-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Article in the Victoria Advocate about the trains running today. They'll be running slow on the tracks for a awhile to check it out before going to full speed in a few weeks. Top speed for track will be 49 mph.

44INAROW
06-17-2009, 06:36 PM
back in "the dark ages" when Mr44 was a conductor with SP - he'd take the train from Victoria to Houston via the track that runs along 59 - at that time it was 10 mph track cause it was in horrible condition...... He HATED that trip.......... I agree with Antec - hope folks pay attention on the crossings.........

1st and goal
06-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
back in "the dark ages" when Mr44 was a conductor with SP - he'd take the train from Victoria to Houston via the track that runs along 59 - at that time it was 10 mph track cause it was in horrible condition...... He HATED that trip.......... I agree with Antec - hope folks pay attention on the crossings.........

I remember the trains on 59. Have a friend that used to engineer for SP back then. He hated that trip too. I also remember when a Sugarland cop stopped a train and gave it a speeding ticket.

SintonFan
06-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I remember the trains on 59. Have a friend that used to engineer for SP back then. He hated that trip too. I also remember when a Sugarland cop stopped a train and gave it a speeding ticket.
lol Nice story.
I hate driving through Houston and really dislike the idea of a cop stopping me while riding a horse.
:D

sinton66
06-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol Nice story.
I hate driving through Houston and really dislike the idea of a cop stopping me while riding a horse.
:D

Why would a cop stop you if you're riding a horse? Can't be a busted tail light.:D

Old Green
06-19-2009, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Why would a cop stop you if you're riding a horse? Can't be a busted tail light.:D I bet he had a flashing tail light:D

Old Green
06-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Hopefully the track along hwy 59 will reduce train traffic thru Cuero.