PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been skydiving?

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Just wondering. I'm going at the end of this month.

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 06:03 PM
That's what I hear. I've done some things similar to free falling (Skycoaster in Orlando) and it seemed like alot of fun, and no matter how scared I might be to do this, I'm going to make sure it happens.

CHS_CG
06-17-2009, 06:42 PM
I have never been but I want to go. I dont want to do it alone though... trying to convince a few friends to go with me.

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I have never been but I want to go. I dont want to do it alone though... trying to convince a few friends to go with me. I've already got everything in place. It's et in stone. All I gotta do is show up. :nerd:

CHS_CG
06-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
I've already got everything in place. It's et in stone. All I gotta do is show up. :nerd:

As "fearless" as you SEEM to be on the board I dont think that will be a problem.;) :p

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
As "fearless" as you SEEM to be on the board I dont think that will be a problem.;) :p Ha. I'm having some anxiety. I need some xanax, klonapin, or some valiums.

I'm already scared and it's like 2 weeks away.

sinton66
06-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Ha. I'm having some anxiety. I need some xanax, klonapin, or some valiums.

I'm already scared and it's like 2 weeks away.

One thing's for sure. You better have a lot of faith in whoever packs your chute.

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
One thing's for sure. You better have a lot of faith in whoever packs your chute. Me and the dude I'ma be strapped to. I got confidence in him, because if I go down, he's going with me. :eek:

navscanmaster
06-17-2009, 11:36 PM
I went back in 2003 at Skydive Houston outside of Waller. I was really nervous, but after the jump, we were all trying to figure out how to come up with the $$$ to get trained and buy our own packs!

Emerson1
06-18-2009, 12:45 AM
I would but it's so expensive.

Additup
06-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Glad I did it, but it's not as exciting as roller coasters. After the first 3 or 4 seconds you reach terminal velocity so basically there's no acceleration and you're just floating (really fast).
Once you do it, you'll understand what I mean. First step is still a doozy !! You'll like it.

PS - If you can get away with it, I wouldn't tell mom until you're on the ground. She's glad that's the way I did it.

waterboy
06-18-2009, 08:09 AM
All I can tell you is PRAAAAAAY!:D

mac77
06-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Just wondering. I'm going at the end of this month.

Why would you want to jump out of a perfectly functioning aircraft?

You want a rush, go rapel Australian style down a 300 foot cliff. Now there's a rush!:cool:

TexasHSFB
06-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by mac77
Why would you want to jump out of a perfectly functioning aircraft?

You want a rush, go rapel Australian style down a 300 foot cliff. Now there's a rush!:cool: Why would I rapel down a perfectly functioning cliff? :D :p

CHS_CG
06-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Additup

PS - If you can get away with it, I wouldn't tell mom until you're on the ground. She's glad that's the way I did it.

Thats what one of my friends did. Her parents of course kinda freaked out afterwards and was glad they didnt know before she jumped.

Originally posted by Emerson1
I would but it's so expensive.

Here in College Station there is a place called Skydive Aggieland, If you get so many people you get discount rates. I think a lot of them work like that.

mac77
06-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Why would I rapel down a perfectly functioning cliff? :D :p

Jumping piggyback is like a stow away on a plane, just along for the ride but not really doing much. Get trained B-man and do a HALO jump. Then I'll be impressed!:evilgrin:

TexasHSFB
06-19-2009, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by mac77
Jumping piggyback is like a stow away on a plane, just along for the ride but not really doing much. Get trained B-man and do a HALO jump. Then I'll be impressed!:evilgrin: There's a certain amount of "piggyback" jumps you have to do along with hours of training before you go solo.

Gotta start somewhere homie.

957tiger
06-19-2009, 09:16 PM
I have jumped two times. The first time was incredible. I will admit the time spent preparing, standing around and finally boarding the aircraft, and the climb to 14,000 feet had me wondering what I had gotten myself into. As I edged to the open door and waited for my instructor to count off to 3, 1..2 and out the door we went. Without a doubt the single most exciting thing I have ever done. The freefall was my favorite, the chute deployment was smooth, as was the landing. I received good scores on all the manuvers. My second jump I knew what to expect so some of the excitment of the unkown was gone, but it was fun because we did other things, like the Superman/James Bond dive and sharp turns under canopy. I flew in the drop plane and that was incredible. Dropping three thousand feet at a time with final approach a nose dive beating the skydivers to the ground. This all happened at Spaceland Skydive in Rosharon