PDA

View Full Version : Best new phone

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Well, I lost my phone yesterday at the beach. Looked everywhere, can't find it.

So, this gives me an excuse to get a new one.

I have t-mobile. Any advice on which phone you think is the best?

pirate4state
06-17-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't have T-mobile, but I just got the HTC touch Pro. So far, so good.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-17-2009, 01:22 PM
ive got the HTC touch and hate it!

Emerson1
06-17-2009, 01:25 PM
I have used that phone and it seems really clunky.

What type of phone are you wanting

pirate4state
06-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
ive got the HTC touch and hate it! really? why?

Ex-Tiger2005
06-17-2009, 01:50 PM
well get this i got it last march so its been over a year now and i no longer am under warranty so im pissed about that first of all. but i went thru 5 phones in my warranty period. they were all faults in the phone. i work at a bank so NO im not hard on them or anything like that. the faults were the screen blacked out, my text keyboard was blacked out, now my phone just turns off at any time, 2 times the on-off thing has happened.

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I have used that phone and it seems really clunky.

What type of phone are you wanting Idk, money isn't that big of an issue.

I want something that looks cool, has a good a camera, and internet. I like the apps that the g1 has but it is like $400 I think. That is a bit much.

Not sure tho about the rest.

I really like those At&T phones, wish I had their service.

Emerson1
06-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Is the iPhone not available on other networks yet? If money is no issue that is the one to get.

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Is the iPhone not available on other networks yet? If money is no issue that is the one to get. I read somewhere that the Iphone had been 'unlocked' for the first time. AT&T freaked out when that happened.

CHS_CG
06-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Idk, money isn't that big of an issue.

I want something that looks cool, has a good a camera, and internet. I like the apps that the g1 has but it is like $400 I think. That is a bit much.

Not sure tho about the rest.

I really like those At&T phones, wish I had their service.

If money isnt an issue switch from Tmobile to a different carrier that works worth a darn.

I have verizon and got the LG Voyager... Love it.

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
If money isnt an issue switch from Tmobile to a different carrier that works worth a darn.

I have verizon and got the LG Voyager... Love it. I REALLY like t-mobile's service, just not their phones.

I have never once had an issue with T-mobile's service. They've actually sent me like 5 brand new phones. Pricing is reasonable, their help people are really helpful, and we have our house phone and 4 cell phones thru t-mobile. I wish they would get a clue from aT&Ts phones tho.

CHS_CG
06-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
I REALLY like t-mobile's service, just not their phones.

I have never once had an issue with T-mobile's service. They've actually sent me like 5 brand new phones. Pricing is reasonable, their help people are really helpful, and we have our house phone and 4 cell phones thru t-mobile. I wish they would get a clue from aT&Ts phones tho.

See, the service didnt work for crap here. They pricing is right but it seemed as every other carrier was getting stronger service, tmobile was just staying where they were. I really like my verizion service now. I can sit inside my house, in the country, and use the phone.. its great.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
well get this i got it last march so its been over a year now and i no longer am under warranty so im pissed about that first of all. but i went thru 5 phones in my warranty period. they were all faults in the phone. i work at a bank so NO im not hard on them or anything like that. the faults were the screen blacked out, my text keyboard was blacked out, now my phone just turns off at any time, 2 times the on-off thing has happened. ive dropped mine two floors and came apart put it back together and still works GREAT, ive had the HTC series now for 4 years, i use it for work and to open and close my service calls and look up information and also for posting game threads. I give it a :2thumbsup

cdlvj
06-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Is the iPhone not available on other networks yet? If money is no issue that is the one to get.

Yes it is, have one on TMobile, although the new version can be unlocked, but the modem software to use other carriers is not ready,

and BTW with the new 3.0 you can locate your phone from your home computer.

BuckeyeNut
06-17-2009, 03:31 PM
There is a new Black Berry that rocks

formercougar18
06-21-2009, 03:22 AM
you can only locate your phone from your computer if you pay the 100 dollar fee for mobile me.

ccmom
06-21-2009, 09:05 AM
I have the new Blackberry Bold and it rocks! I have compared it head to head with the iPhone and in my opinion, the functions are just as good, if not better. I'm not a fan of touch screen, so for me, the Bold is tops! I do have AT&T, so I don't know much about TMobile. Through AT&T, the Bold was $299, plus a $100 mail in rebate. There's my two cents.

Fal44
06-21-2009, 11:08 PM
the reason why I went i have an htc phone, is the i can unlock the phone and program it to have any program I would like. It's a bit nerdy, but I love how i can do whatever i please to my phone, and the htc diamond has a decent camera, good internet, and pretty durable.