PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy trade rumore...

mchavez
06-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Heard from a friend that the Cowboys and Cardinals might work a trade deal:

Cowboys give up Felix Jones, Austin Miles, and 2010 1st round pick for Boldin.

Anybody else hear about this? Would this be a good trade for the Cowboys?

pirate4state
06-17-2009, 10:52 AM
WTH....no way!

BreckTxLonghorn
06-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Dumb if true.

Emerson1
06-17-2009, 10:54 AM
It would be good in fantasy football.

Boldin is on the verge of being 30 years old and has only played 2 full seasons in his career.

Jones is on the verge of being a great player and the cowboys rapidly declined when they lost him last season

Ex-Tiger2005
06-17-2009, 11:10 AM
i would officially hate the cowboys and jerry jones!

IHStangFan
06-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Why is Dallas so eat up w/ the WR bug? First they have to have a reliable, consistant QB to get said WR the ball! :doh:

waterboy
06-17-2009, 11:14 AM
That trade would be just plain STUPID! I'm glad it's just a rumor!

garciap77
06-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
That trade would be just plain STUPID! I'm glad it's just a rumor!

I thought it was a rumore!:D

;)

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2009, 11:22 AM
it has not even been a rumor floated by Dallas, but by a couple of media folks..and it was more phrased like..What would Dallas have to give up to get Boldin

Electus Unus
06-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Hmm....sounds like a decent trade. Miles Austin isn't a #2 or 3 receiver and Felix Jones is good but is replaceable with the GT back.

Only problem I would have is that the Cowboys still wouldn't have a legitimate #1 WR and Tony Romo is the QB.

Bull's-eye
06-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Why is Dallas so eat up w/ the WR bug?

Currently there has been a lot of injuries to their receiving corp. Plus, they are going in with Roy Williams as their #1 WR. I think I would go after Brandon Marshall, possibly could involve a deal with RB Tashard Choice. Don't know if Dallas could stay under the cap, but he would be a better upgrade than Bouldin.

BEAST
06-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Currently there has been a lot of injuries to their receiving corp. Plus, they are going in with Roy Jones as their #1 WR. I think I would go after Brandon Marshall, possibly could involve a deal with RB Tashard Choice. Don't know if Dallas could stay under the cap, but he would be a better upgrade than Bouldin.

Roy Jones? Dallas has inked the boxer as a reciever?:D

BEAST

BreckTxLonghorn
06-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Currently there has been a lot of injuries to their receiving corp. Plus, they are going in with Roy Jones as their #1 WR. I think I would go after Brandon Marshall, possibly could involve a deal with RB Tashard Choice. Don't know if Dallas could stay under the cap, but he would be a better upgrade than Bouldin.

We've dealt with enough 'off the field' problem guys. Marshall has a bit more upside long term, but I wouldn't want to deal with that baggage.

Bull's-eye
06-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Roy Jones? Dallas has inked the boxer as a reciever?:D

BEAST

You didn't hear about them signing him? :D

Sorry, meant Roy Williams. :)

Farmersfan
06-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Remove Felix Jones from that trade and add almost anyone else and it's a great trade for Dallas. I just think Felix is the future for the Cowboys. If they don't manage to get a decent receiver before the season starts I don't give them much of a chance. They need a receiver who can carry the QB because the QB has proven he can't carry average receivers...... (sorry Pick6! couldn't resist).

Ex-Tiger2005
06-17-2009, 01:26 PM
yea the marshall guy is a bomb waiting to explode!!! he has a domestic abuse problem and that never is good now or in the long run. but the guy is a great reciever!

waterboy
06-17-2009, 01:29 PM
I don't care who the receivers are just as long as they can get open and catch the ball! The biggest things the Cowboys have to improve on are their offensive line and their defense, especially their run defense. No quarterback will have much success if the offensive line can't block, I don't care who they are. You have to at least be able to run the ball a little, and have that threat in the backfield to have any sustainable success in the passing game. Garrett got away from the run a bit too much last year, and I questioned his play calling. If they can run the ball Romo will have a good year, in my opinion. They also must play better defensively, especially against the run. There were way too many big plays given up by the defense last year, and most of those were big runs. Put the blame where it belongs, and that's on the offensive line more than anything else, in my opinion.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-17-2009, 01:43 PM
I don't care who the receivers are just as long as they can get open and catch the ball! The biggest things the Cowboys have to improve on are their offensive line and their defense, especially their run defense. No quarterback will have much success if the offensive line can't block, I don't care who they are. You have to at least be able to run the ball a little, and have that threat in the backfield to have any sustainable success in the passing game. Garrett got away from the run a bit too much last year, and I questioned his play calling. If they can run the ball Romo will have a good year, in my opinion. They also must play better defensively, especially against the run. There were way too many big plays given up by the defense last year, and most of those were big runs. Put the blame where it belongs, and that's on the offensive line more than anything else, in my opinion.

whoa there boss take it easy on my big boys! haha! i agree with ya we are getting older up front and it sure showed last year.

waterboy
06-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
whoa there boss take it easy on my big boys! haha! i agree with ya we are getting older up front and it sure showed last year.
The injury bug hit the offensive line last year (and the rest of the team), and they had NO depth whatsoever. That's what hurt them more than anything last year, in my opinion. That, and the injury to Felix Jones, who was the main threat on offense to take it all the way on any given play. You can harness speed, but you can't coach it, and that's what Jones brings to their offense. If the Cowboys stay healthy, I think they will have a good year.

Farmersfan
06-17-2009, 02:12 PM

Cowboys defensive ratings:

#12 Rush yards allowed
#5 Pass yards allowed
#1 Sacks
#8 Total yards....
The defense was fine.

Cowboys offensive ratings:

#13 Total yards
#9 passing yards
#21 rushing yards
20 sacks allowed.
Offense was also ok. 61% passing a little too high?

the only area that the Cowboys really did poorly in was defensive interceptions and QB interceptions and Romo had 14. (plus 9 fumbles). Only Gus Ferrotte, Drew Brees and Kurt Warner had more. Ferrotte played on a terrible team and Warner had 150 more attempts. (Romo also only played 13 games).................. And the QB was only sacked 20 times which is about average.

Farmersfan
06-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Cowboys also had 29 total fumbles and 13 of them going to the other team. 16 of them were recoved by the Cowboys but even if you recover the fumble it is likely you lost yards on the play. Their Turnover +- for just fumbles was a -11 which was 4th worse in the league. Add in Romo's interceptions and it goes through the roof. This must be priority #1.

waterboy
06-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

#12 Rush yards allowed
#5 Pass yards allowed
#1 Sacks
#8 Total yards....
The defense was fine.

#13 Total yards
#9 passing yards
#21 rushing yards
20 sacks allowed.

the only area that the Cowboys really did poorly in was defensive interceptions and QB interceptions and Romo had 14. (plus 9 fumbles). Only Gus Ferrotte, Drew Brees and Kurt Warner had more. Ferrotte played on a terrible team and Warner had 150 more attempts. (Romo also only played 13 games).................. And the QB was only sacked 20 times which is about average.
Maybe I should've just said the defense was horrible for the last quarter of the season!:D

I still also say that the offensive line was the main problem for the Cowboys last year. That, and the play-calling was suspect. I don't care how good a quarterback you are, if you don't have good blocking up front, you're not gonna have much success throwing the ball if you can't establish a running game and prevent sacks and blown assignments. Yes, Romo made some mistakes, but the majority of them were forced by pressure up front. The stats won't tell the whole story, in my opinion. There's no doubt Romo will have to play better, but I think it's a stretch to blame him solely for the Cowboys' offensive woes last year.........but being the quarterback, he will certainly be the main scapegoat.

Electus Unus
06-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Maybe I should've just said the defense was horrible for the last quarter of the season!:D

I still also say that the offensive line was the main problem for the Cowboys last year. That, and the play-calling was suspect. I don't care how good a quarterback you are, if you don't have good blocking up front, you're not gonna have much success throwing the ball if you can't establish a running game and prevent sacks and blown assignments. Yes, Romo made some mistakes, but the majority of them were forced by pressure up front. The stats won't tell the whole story, in my opinion. There's no doubt Romo will have to play better, but I think it's a stretch to blame him solely for the Cowboys' offensive woes last year.........but being the quarterback, he will certainly be the main scapegoat. Majority of Romo's mistakes were forcing balls to TE Jason Witten.

waterboy
06-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Majority of Romo's mistakes were forcing balls to TE Jason Witten.
He did force too many balls last year, but I think it had more to do with the lack of a running game and pressure up front that were the main cause. He definitely will have to improve his turnover ratio if he's to be the quarterback of the future, that's for sure.

Farmersfan
06-17-2009, 02:34 PM

I still also say that the offensive line was the main problem for the Cowboys last year. That, and the play-calling was suspect. I don't care how good a quarterback you are, if you don't have good blocking up front, you're not gonna have much success throwing the ball if you can't establish a running game and prevent sacks and blown assignments. Yes, Romo made some mistakes, but the majority of them were forced by pressure up front. The stats won't tell the whole story, in my opinion. There's no doubt Romo will have to play better, but I think it's a stretch to blame him solely for the Cowboys' offensive woes last year.........but being the quarterback, he will certainly be the main scapegoat.

He's not the only problem with this team. But it's ridiculous for everyone to say if we fix everything else then Romo will have a great year. Well Newsflash: if we fix everything else almost any QB will have a great year. Romo is suppose to be able to operate under extreme conditions. That's why he got the huge contract. But Romo wasn't pressured any more than most QB's are pressured. He wasn't sacked any more. He didn't have to scramble any more than other QB's. He didn't get anymore pressure than any other QB. He just didn't handle it as well as most.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-17-2009, 02:36 PM
The injury bug hit the offensive line last year (and the rest of the team), and they had NO depth whatsoever. That's what hurt them more than anything last year, in my opinion. That, and the injury to Felix Jones, who was the main threat on offense to take it all the way on any given play. You can harness speed, but you can't coach it, and that's what Jones brings to their offense. If the Cowboys stay healthy, I think they will have a good year.

f. jones, IMO, could have given matt ryan a run in ROY last year if he would have stayed healthy!!! i think he will be a good one! and you know the other thing he is a good dude i went to a game last year vs the bengals and he was the only one signing autographs i was impressed!

Farmersfan
06-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Majority of Romo's mistakes were forcing balls to TE Jason Witten.

Or TO! Maybe the absence of T.O. will allow Romo to get back to his normal self and stop worrying if T.O. is gonna get pissed. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Electus Unus
06-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Or TO! Maybe the absence of T.O. will allow Romo to get back to his normal self and stop worrying if T.O. is gonna get pissed. Let's keep our fingers crossed. TO wasn't the problem. If anything Romo's numbers will drop without him.

Pick6
06-17-2009, 02:39 PM
TO wasn't the problem. If anything Romo's numbers will drop without him.

They will drop because they plan on running the ball more, which is a good thing.

Phil C
06-17-2009, 02:42 PM
I would hope not. You don't give away your future by trading your first round draft picks for anyone. Maybe a second rounder but not a first one.

Farmersfan
06-17-2009, 02:42 PM
TO wasn't the problem. If anything Romo's numbers will drop without him.

T.O. was a HUGE part of the problem. I'm pretty sure T.O. led the NFL the last 3 years in dropped balls and stopping on routes. All the while he was bitching about not getting the ball. I know he was a problem on the field and I'm pretty sure he got into Romo's head. Most likely he was not only in Romo's head but in Garretts head as well as in Jerry Jones. The cancer is gone so now none of them have that excuse. It's time to put up or shut up for Romo, Garrett, Philips, and J. Jones. All 4 of them underacheived significantly last season..... (and T.O. is spreading his cancer in Buffalo now).

Emerson1
06-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Jason Garret is the main problem.

He refuses to design any kind of route under 20 yards. Force the line to hold for 5 seconds and Romo to just throw it up.

Pick6
06-17-2009, 02:46 PM
After reading your thread again, I agree.

Emerson1
06-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Never seen a 20 yard slant before and don't see many 25 yard out routes.

Farmersfan
06-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Kinda of like the slants, skinny post and out's the Aikman use to throw?

I saw quite a few slants bounce off T.O.'s shoulder pads last season and several went for long plays. Romo leads the NFL in passes over 30 yards but how much of that is by design from Garrett and how much is because receivers were covered so T.O. had to break deep???

Electus Unus
06-17-2009, 02:52 PM
T.O. was a HUGE part of the problem. I'm pretty sure T.O. led the NFL the last 3 years in dropped balls and stopping on routes. All the while he was bitching about not getting the ball. I know he was a problem on the field and I'm pretty sure he got into Romo's head. Most likely he was not only in Romo's head but in Garretts head as well as in Jerry Jones. The cancer is gone so now none of them have that excuse. It's time to put up or shut up for Romo, Garrett, Philips, and J. Jones. All 4 of them underacheived significantly last season..... (and T.O. is spreading his cancer in Buffalo now). Dropped passes isn't a recognisable stat in the NFL. The rest are just your opinion on the situations and hypothetical situations.

Facts are Tony Romo and Witten were going behind Garrett's back designing their own plays.

TO is an elite receiver in the league and one of the greats of all time and his numbers speak for them self.

Emerson1
06-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Romo leads the NFL in passes over 30 yards but how much of that is by design from Garrett and how much is because receivers were covered so T.O. had to break deep???
I would say maybe 2 or 3 plays where they went circus and made something happen

Emerson1
06-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Dropped passes isn't a recognisable stat in the NFL. The rest are just your opinion on the situations and hypothetical situations.

Facts are Tony Romo and Witten were going behind Garrett's back designing their own plays.

TO is an elite receiver in the league and one of the greats of all time and his numbers speak for them self.
Not sure if you are being serious or not...

Pick6
06-17-2009, 02:54 PM

Facts are Tony Romo and Jason Garrett were going behind Garrett's back designing their own plays.

Interesting that Garrent went behind his own back. Also interesting you assume this rumor is a fact.

waterboy
06-17-2009, 02:54 PM
He's not the only problem with this team. But it's ridiculous for everyone to say if we fix everything else then Romo will have a great year. Well Newsflash: if we fix everything else almost any QB will have a great year. Romo is suppose to be able to operate under extreme conditions. That's why he got the huge contract. But Romo wasn't pressured any more than most QB's are pressured. He wasn't sacked any more. He didn't have to scramble any more than other QB's. He didn't get anymore pressure than any other QB. He just didn't handle it as well as most.
You're definitely right about him not being the only problem with this team. I'll agree with that much, but I ain't ready to give up on Romo just yet. I disagree with Romo not being pressured any more than most QBs, though, especially in the last 3 to 4 games of the season. The offensive line was decimated with injuries, as was the rest of the team. I think if they can avoid the injury bug, and fix their offensive line, this year, I think you'll be singing a different tune this time next year. At least I hope so.:cool:

Farmersfan
06-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Dropped passes isn't a recognisable stat in the NFL. The rest are just your opinion on the situations and hypothetical situations.

Can't disagree with the last part at all. But T.O. is also a cancer that has burned his bridges on 3 different teams now and is now working on his 4th. But I have to ask: If T.O. is an elite receiver and one of the all time greats, then why would a struggling QB intentionally make up plays to exclude him?????? It's a moronic idea from the start. If Romo was making up plays behind Garretts back then you can bet your sweet *** that they would have included the BEST RECEIVER OF ALL TIMES! So that means that it is either a complete lie or that T.O. was such a total retard and pissed Romo off to the point where he would ignore his best weapon. Either way T.O. was a huge part of the problem!

Electus Unus
06-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Can't disagree with the last part at all. But T.O. is also a cancer that has burned his bridges on 3 different teams now and is now working on his 4th. But I have to ask: If T.O. is an elite receiver and one of the all time greats, then why would a struggling QB intentionally make up plays to exclude him?????? It's a moronic idea from the start. If Romo was making up plays behind Garretts back then you can bet your sweet *** that they would have included the BEST RECEIVER OF ALL TIMES! So that means that it is either a complete lie or that T.O. was such a total retard and pissed Romo off to the point where he would ignore his best weapon. Either way T.O. was a huge part of the problem! I agree he burned bridges in San Fran and Philly but to say he did in Dallas is absurd.

waterboy
06-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Can't disagree with the last part at all. But T.O. is also a cancer that has burned his bridges on 3 different teams now and is now working on his 4th. But I have to ask: If T.O. is an elite receiver and one of the all time greats, then why would a struggling QB intentionally make up plays to exclude him?????? It's a moronic idea from the start. If Romo was making up plays behind Garretts back then you can bet your sweet *** that they would have included the BEST RECEIVER OF ALL TIMES! So that means that it is either a complete lie or that T.O. was such a total retard and pissed Romo off to the point where he would ignore his best weapon. Either way T.O. was a huge part of the problem!
:clap: :clap: :clap: Now, I can definitely agree with that!! T.O. was concerned about nobody but T.O.! The team concept is something T.O. NEVER understood. If a player with his obvious talent could actually be a team player, then YES, there's no doubt in my mind that he could be, or could've been, one of the best players of all time. He has, and always will be, a cancer to any team he plays for, in my opinion.

Farmersfan
06-17-2009, 03:20 PM
I agree he burned bridges in San Fran and Philly but to say he did in Dallas is absurd.

So why isn't he still a Cowboy????? One of greatest of all time! Elite receiver in a class to himself! Yet the Cowboys cut him without a second thought. They could not even get anyone to trade for the best receiver of all times. I think that speaks tons.... but he was fun to watch on the field wasn't he..

waterboy
06-17-2009, 03:21 PM
So why isn't he still a Cowboy????? One of greatest of all time! Elite receiver in a class to himself! Yet the Cowboys cut him without a second thought. They could not even get anyone to trade for the best receiver of all times. I think that speaks tons.... but he was fun to watch on the field wasn't he..
Not to mention throwing away all that money just to NOT have him on their team!:thinking: :clap:

BuckeyeNut
06-17-2009, 03:23 PM
T.O. was a HUGE part of the problem. I'm pretty sure T.O. led the NFL the last 3 years in dropped balls and stopping on routes. All the while he was bitching about not getting the ball. I know he was a problem on the field and I'm pretty sure he got into Romo's head. Most likely he was not only in Romo's head but in Garretts head as well as in Jerry Jones. The cancer is gone so now none of them have that excuse. It's time to put up or shut up for Romo, Garrett, Philips, and J. Jones. All 4 of them underacheived significantly last season..... (and T.O. is spreading his cancer in Buffalo now).

:iagree:

How can a WR be first in TD's and Dropped Ball's that is just nuts.
I swear there were time when he was going to catch the ball and not score he would just drop it. Now if he was going to make a TD he could get nuts and one finger the thing.

Macarthur
06-17-2009, 03:46 PM
I agree he burned bridges in San Fran and Philly but to say he did in Dallas is absurd.

And you would be wrong, sir. Just because it wasn't as public as the others doesn't mean is wasn't as scorched earth.

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2009, 04:08 PM

where is the proof that makes that statement a fact?

Texasfootball2
06-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
Heard from a friend that the Cowboys and Cardinals might work a trade deal:

Cowboys give up Felix Jones, Austin Miles, and 2010 1st round pick for Boldin.

Anybody else hear about this? Would this be a good trade for the Cowboys? I like it, especially after the promise Rashard Choice showed last year. Boldin would make them a better team.

waterboy
06-17-2009, 04:30 PM
That's still is waaaaay too much to give up for Boldin. Take Felix Jones and the #1 pick out of the equation and you got yourself a deal!:thumbsup:

garciap77
06-17-2009, 04:31 PM
That's still is waaaaay too much to give up for Boldin. Take Felix Jones and the #1 pick out of the equation and you got yourself a deal!:thumbsup:

Hey! It's 4:30pm time to go home!:D

;)

waterboy
06-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Hey! It's 4:30pm time to go home!:D

;)
Nope! I don't go home 'til 5! No banker's hours here!!:mad:

;)

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2009, 06:36 PM

#12 Rush yards allowed
#5 Pass yards allowed
#1 Sacks
#8 Total yards....
The defense was fine.

#13 Total yards
#9 passing yards
#21 rushing yards
20 sacks allowed.

The defense gave up 22 points a game last year, that is a BIG problem

also..not sure where u get ur stats from but Jay Cutler Brett Farve and Big Ben threw more ints than Romo...so wait...Two guys who played for the SB had more ints than Romo..yet you think Romo is such a big problem

mchavez
06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I thought it was a rumore!:D

;)
Haha i have fat fingers! I can't help it!