PDA

View Full Version : !!!!!!rangers Win The Silver Boot!!!!!!

Keith7
06-16-2009, 09:46 PM
With a win tonight, the Texas Rangers earned crowned themselves the best MLB team in Texas. Good job Rangers!! Keep up the good work and lets sweep the lowly Asstros again.

wildstangs
06-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Winning the "best team in Texas" award isn't going to get the Rangers into the playoffs.

Hopefully the Rangers dont fall apart this year after the break. Angels are creeping back into the picture.

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 04:11 AM
With the way the Astroa have played to this point, that's not saying much.

Although, it is nice to do. congrats.

pirate4state
06-17-2009, 09:14 AM
http://foremostjewelry.com/images/silver_Boot_10166.jpg

sahen
06-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
With the way the Astroa have played to this point, that's not saying much.

Although, it is nice to do. congrats.

we have won our last 5 series....the astros are doing what the astros always do...start off horrible, start getting it together end of may/early june, and make a run after the all star break...the rangers however look like they are going to actually contend for their division this year, hopefully one of the texas teams end up in the playoffs....the angels will be tuff to stay ahead of but maybe the rangers can get just enough pitching to do it...

BuckeyeNut
06-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I am going to the Red Soxs game in August i am hoping they are still in it then.

Electus Unus
06-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Who cares both teams are irrelevant come playoff time.

Keith7
06-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus

You say that now, but when the playoffs roll around, you better not be jumping on the Rangers bandwagon

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by sahen
we have won our last 5 series....the astros are doing what the astros always do...start off horrible, start getting it together end of may/early june, and make a run after the all star break...the rangers however look like they are going to actually contend for their division this year, hopefully one of the texas teams end up in the playoffs....the angels will be tuff to stay ahead of but maybe the rangers can get just enough pitching to do it... Dude, I'm talking about how they've played in the Lone Star Series.

This is the first year in a while the Rangers are truly better than the Astros.

Keith7
06-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Dude, I'm talking about how they've played in the Lone Star Series.

This is the first year in a while the Rangers are truly better than the Astros.

Umm, I dont know how long you have been following the lone star series, but the Rangers have been better than the Asstros 5 of the last 8 years

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Umm, I dont know how long you have been following the lone star series, but the Rangers have been better than the Asstros 5 of the last 8 years What was their final record those years?

How many times did the Rangers make the playoffs those 8 years?

Any World Series appearances?

Hell, any League Championship appearances?

Electus Unus
06-17-2009, 01:14 PM
You say that now, but when the playoffs roll around, you better not be jumping on the Rangers bandwagon When the playoffs roll around you'll be off the said bandwagon

GetRDoneStangs
06-17-2009, 01:16 PM
What was their final record those years?

Ditto...do the Rangers know what/when OCTOBER is ?????

I wish them luck on not screwing up this time.

Here is to the Stros on making a comeback

Keith7
06-17-2009, 01:19 PM
What was their final record those years?

How many boots have the Asstros won?? If the Rangers played in the same division as the Asstros, they would be sitting pretty. All that matters in this discussion is how many boots each team has won. That determines who is better.

And besides, if it weren't for the Asstro's roided up pitchers, there is no way they would have even sniffed the world series that one year. You know its true

RMAC
06-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus

Let me guess. . . you're either a Yankees or Red Sox fan and recently, this year I'm guessing, became a Dodgers fan. Wow that just blows my mind there.

Electus Unus
06-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Let me guess. . . you're either a Yankees or Red Sox fan and recently, this year I'm guessing, became a Dodgers fan. Wow that just blows my mind there. Neither.

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 01:50 PM
How many boots have the Asstros won?? If the Rangers played in the same division as the Asstros, they would be sitting pretty. All that matters in this discussion is how many boots each team has won. That determines who is better.

And besides, if it weren't for the Asstro's roided up pitchers, there is no way they would have even sniffed the world series that one year. You know its true Riiiigggghhhhttttttt.....

Well, you can bring back A-Rod and Sosa and we'll keep our playoff appearances.

As for the silver boot, The Rangers have won it. That means they have been better than the Astros in 4 games. Congrats. They are better than the Astros THIS season. No doubt about it.

But, you can keep your silver boot if the Astros continue to make playoff appearances and runs while the Rangers sit at home.

Until that changes, the Astros have been relevant in October, maybe not the best team in Texas, but atleast they are relevant come playoff time. That's more than the Rangers have been able to say.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Umm, I dont know how long you have been following the lone star series, but the Rangers have been better than the Asstros 5 of the last 8 years Rangers 42 Hr Astros 10 HR Lone series

When Rangers beat them they clobber them and when the Astros have won its a squeaker.

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Rangers 42 Hr Astros 10 HR Lone series

When Rangers beat them they clobber them and when the Astros have won its a squeaker. That pretty much speaks to what i said earlier. How terrible the Astros have played against Texas.

Good job for the Rangers. Another thing, the Astros ahve never been much of a power squad. The Rangers always have.

ShortDog68
06-17-2009, 07:32 PM
I took the kids to the Stadium last Friday. The Rangers thrashed LA. the Fireworks after the game was great too. Go Rangers!