PDA

View Full Version : 3ADL Member Cruise or Vacation?

Administrator
06-16-2009, 01:49 PM
How many of you would be interested in taking a cruise out of Galveston after the baseball state tournament in 2011? If a lot of 3adl members show an interest, we can gather the details and get it all posted. It's a bit too early right now to give any pricing information, but would be a good time to start saving up the $$$ if there were enough interest in it. Currently, rates are as low as $529 per person for an interior room (that's for a 2010 sailing) to $799 per person for an Ocean View Balcony. You don't want to get a cabin by yourself, because it will be very expensive, so if you're single and have no one else to go, bunk with someone else that you trust or know from 3adl (or friends).

This isn't the only type of fun getaway that can be planned, but would be a nice vacation for anyone who wanted to go. Other suggestions are also most welcome, we are just wanting to get something together for the 3ADL 10 year anniversary (in its current format) in 2011.

Again, the only reason this is being posted in 2009, is the cost of a cruise would require many to save up well in advance, and we're just trying to get a feel for who would be interested.

Rabid Cougar
06-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Keeping a thread/blog of the cruise is very expensive. Minimum amount is $150 bucks for wifi....

CHS_CG
06-16-2009, 08:15 PM
I am all for it.... hopefully I will have a job soon. I think some time of vacation/get-together/ cruise would be awesome for out anniversery!

garciap77
06-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Sounds good!

pirate4state
06-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Vegas baby!

Maroon87
06-16-2009, 10:02 PM
I would love to get some of you out in the open water...:devil:

Antec
06-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Since I got a job after I was laid off my wife and I will be able to take our cruise next month.

We are flying to Los Angeles and will cru;ise the Mexican Rivera

One stop is Puerto Vallarta

garciap77
06-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I would love to get some of you out in the open water...:devil:

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-violent084.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org):D

ivchris
06-17-2009, 08:15 PM
I was actually on this cruise when Wylie and Prosper played. The cruise was fun, but I missed a damn good football game. Garcia77 had to keep my seat warm while I was gone.

LH Panther Mom
06-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
Garcia77 had to keep my seat warm while I was gone.
Does your wife know you went on a cruise with '77 and that he was keeping your seat warm? :1omg!: :1omg!: :1omg!:

ivchris
06-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Does your wife know you went on a cruise with '77 and that he was keeping your seat warm? :1omg!: :1omg!: :1omg!:

LOL...actually, Garcia77 was at the China Springs and Prosper games while I was gone trying to text me in Jamica and Grand Cayman. Unfortunately, the islands are not a text friendly area and I had to wait until I got back home to findo out what happened. That was a long week.

CHS_CG
06-17-2009, 08:35 PM
My mom(hornetmom) and I had an idea... we could all go up to Colorado and go skiing.....

Now I sure dont know how to ski and I am willing to bet most of us don't know how to.. but I think it would be fun.. and funny!

I personally think its a good idea bc it will be the dead of summer here and Colorado will be much cooler.. we'd be 3adl snowbirds

LH Panther Mom
06-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
My mom(hornetmom) and I had an idea... we could all go up to Colorado and go skiing.....

Now I sure dont know how to ski and I am willing to bet most of us don't know how to.. but I think it would be fun.. and funny!

I personally think its a good idea bc it will be the dead of summer here and Colorado will be much cooler.. we'd be 3adl snowbirds
Uhm, hate to tell you but there's not much skiing in the dead of summer. :p

ccmom
06-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Hey Chris....if you remember, I was cruising too during the Prosper game. Just to be clear, you CAN get texts on the ship and at the ports. You just SHOULDN'T. Unfortunately, I have never been one to do what I SHOULD. I believe I was not only getting play by play texts, but was also updating other downlowers from across the state, as I sipped my beverage and paced the floor. When the bill came later that month, I REALLY needed a beverage.....$972.46 to be exact! OUCH!!

Originally posted by ivchris
LOL...actually, Garcia77 was at the China Springs and Prosper games while I was gone trying to text me in Jamica and Grand Cayman. Unfortunately, the islands are not a text friendly area and I had to wait until I got back home to findo out what happened. That was a long week.

ivchris
06-17-2009, 10:00 PM
OUCH is right. I have Sprint for my cellular and up until that cruise, I was happy with it.....lol. I work with Matt Preston's dad and when I got back to work there was a picture on the bulletin board and the score that made it much, much worse. I missed one heck of a football game. I did enjoy the cruise though.

garciap77
06-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/rant.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/rant.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/rant.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

CHS_CG
06-17-2009, 11:24 PM
:1offtopc: :hijacktd:

IHStangFan
06-22-2009, 11:58 AM
HHHhhhmmmmm......MAAAAAAAYBE. :thinking:

Emerson1
06-22-2009, 12:00 PM
How about a trip to Vegas in summer 2011?

IHStangFan
06-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Hell....I'd just as soon go to the river and camp out I'm simple like that, LOL.

Ranger Mom
06-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Hell....I'd just as soon go to the river and camp out I'm simple like that, LOL.

That sounds like fun too!!!

Would darn sure be cheaper!!

CHS_CG
06-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That sounds like fun too!!!

Would darn sure be cheaper!!

going to float the river would be awesome!

mustang04
06-23-2009, 01:11 AM
well...whatever is decided, I am DEFINITELY down......i'll just need a roommate tho....:thinking:

Ranger Mom
06-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
well...whatever is decided, I am DEFINITELY down......i'll just need a roommate tho....:thinking:

I guess we could sell you to the highest bidder.....that might be a good fundraiser!!:D

pirate4state
06-23-2009, 11:17 AM
I guess we could sell you to the highest bidder.....that might be a good fundraiser!!:D haha :inlove: oh wait, I remembered that I don't love Reggie anymore! Did you know he was a GREEN BAY fan! ugh... ;)

Ranger Mom
06-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
haha :inlove: oh wait, I remembered that I don't love Reggie anymore! Did you know he was a GREEN BAY fan! ugh... ;)

Really??:eek:

I guess we might oughta cut him a little slack....he DID grow up in Sweetwater after all....he just doesn't know any better!!!:p :p

pirate4state
06-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Really??:eek:

I guess we might oughta cut him a little slack....he DID grow up in Sweetwater after all....he just doesn't know any better!!!:p :p

Good call. :)

mustang04
06-23-2009, 01:52 PM
I guess we could sell you to the highest bidder.....that might be a good fundraiser!!:D

haha...alright...well i'll go ahead and post my "Resume"

ummm....
-Been a roommate for 5 years cuz of college, so I know how it works....
-I watch family guy
-have a sense of humor so no dull roommates please
-I sing in the shower
-am nice and tidy

only con is.......sometimes I sleep in the nude, thats my fair warning

GreenMonster
06-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Administrator
You don't want to get a cabin by yourself, because it will be very expensive, so if you're single and have no one else to go, bunk with someone else that you trust or know from 3adl (or friends).

I wanna bunk up with one of the ladies of the downlow, any takers??? :devil:

mustang04
06-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I wanna bunk up with one of the ladies of the downlow, any takers??? :devil:

AWWWWE c'mon....ya dont wanna bunk with me...we can just have the ladies over for slumber parties!:D

SintonFan
07-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Administrator
How many of you would be interested in taking a cruise out of Galveston after the baseball state tournament in 2011? If a lot of 3adl members show an interest, we can gather the details and get it all posted. It's a bit too early right now to give any pricing information, but would be a good time to start saving up the $$$ if there were enough interest in it. Currently, rates are as low as $529 per person for an interior room (that's for a 2010 sailing) to $799 per person for an Ocean View Balcony. You don't want to get a cabin by yourself, because it will be very expensive, so if you're single and have no one else to go, bunk with someone else that you trust or know from 3adl (or friends).

This isn't the only type of fun getaway that can be planned, but would be a nice vacation for anyone who wanted to go. Other suggestions are also most welcome, we are just wanting to get something together for the 3ADL 10 year anniversary (in its current format) in 2011.

Again, the only reason this is being posted in 2009, is the cost of a cruise would require many to save up well in advance, and we're just trying to get a feel for who would be interested.
I'm up for that but it depends on if we can afford it. The camping option looks very attractive.:)

Farmersfan
07-28-2009, 03:21 PM
I vote Hedonism.
I'm getting old so this might be my last chance. At least if I go with all of you my wife can't think the worst of me!!!!! (maybe) :D

CHS_Grad '85
07-29-2009, 03:17 PM
I would be interested... only - please don't order a hurricane... that last one almost ruined my cruise... I ended up in Vera Cruz instead of Cozumel... :dispntd:

SintonFan
07-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by CHS_Grad '85
I would be interested... only - please don't order a hurricane... that last one almost ruined my cruise... I ended up in Vera Cruz instead of Cozumel... :dispntd:
Good to see you here again.:) :cool:

TheDOCTORdre
12-29-2009, 01:02 PM
is this thing still in the works?

wimbo_pro
12-29-2009, 01:08 PM
So the usual claim of "Rockets gone overboard again" would have a new and welcomed sound to it, eh?