PDA

View Full Version : Stallworth gets 30 days in jail

turbostud
06-16-2009, 11:12 AM
link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4262751)

Bone Pile
06-16-2009, 02:35 PM
House arrest,probation??? What the hell is up with that BS. You kill someone and you are a sports figure with lots of money and you walk. He will resume his FB career? Are they crazy or what???

firstdown
06-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Poor folks go to jail, rich folks go free, it's really a shame but also pretty common. I wonder if there will be a civil law suit now that the criminal is over?

Pick6
06-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
House arrest,probation??? What the hell is up with that BS. You kill someone and you are a sports figure with lots of money and you walk. He will resume his FB career? Are they crazy or what???

I thought the same think at first. But this is what the family of the victim wanted. If they agree and think it's fair, then I guess it's fair, in a strange way.

BuckeyeNut
06-16-2009, 03:00 PM
One thing to think about is that the family took the money. They must have pushed for the DA to go light.

ronwx5x
06-16-2009, 03:13 PM
I have a problem with being able to get a lighter sentence by settling monetarily with the relatives, if that is what happened. He (Stallworth) doesn't sound like a bad guy, just one who made a really bad decision. Still, 30 days and house arrest seems a bit light.

jason
06-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
I wonder if there will be a civil law suit now that the criminal is over? did you even read the article???

"...Stallworth also reached a confidential financial settlement to avoid a potential lawsuit from the family of 59-year-old Mario Reyes, according to Stallworth's attorney, Christopher Lyons..."

firstdown
06-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by jason
did you even read the article???

"...Stallworth also reached a confidential financial settlement to avoid a potential lawsuit from the family of 59-year-old Mario Reyes, according to Stallworth's attorney, Christopher Lyons..."

What do you think?

turbostud
06-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Funny thing is Plaxico Buress will probably get more time and didnt kill anyone. Just shot himself with an unlicensed gun.

forum_guy
06-16-2009, 04:39 PM
this is crazy. Vick did 2 years for killing dogs and this guy gets 30 days