PDA

View Full Version : Hate to say "I told you so"

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 08:06 AM
But I told you so!!!!!!!!!

Tony Romo doesn't have the mental attitude or the drive to be the answer for the Cowboys. Never has-Never will!!! He is spending all his time playing golf, drinking beer and partying. Last season he got fat, slow and distracted and forgot how to throw a accurate ball.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/106656-cowboys-tell-romo-to-shape-up?cnn=yes

injuredinmelee
06-16-2009, 08:36 AM
He has always been nothing mopre than a gunslinger. His ability to occasionally make a play is def overshadowed by his propensity for turning the ball over. Just the opinion I have always had about Romo and not very popular amongst the Cowboys fans with their rose colored glasses. I think Stephen McGee will be the eventual starter and face of the franchise.

Txbroadcaster
06-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
He has always been nothing mopre than a gunslinger. His ability to occasionally make a play is def overshadowed by his propensity for turning the ball over. Just the opinion I have always had about Romo and not very popular amongst the Cowboys fans with their rose colored glasses. I think Stephen McGee will be the eventual starter and face of the franchise.

I like McGee..but until he shows something other than OTA or mini camp I think ALOT of people need to tap the breaks on his future in the NFL..not saying he wont accomplish something, but I think people are really projecting him into something without him doing one thing

Trashman
06-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

Tony Romo doesn't have the mental attitude or the drive to be the answer for the Cowboys. Never has-Never will!!! He is spending all his time playing golf, drinking beer and partying. Last season he got fat, slow and distracted and forgot how to throw a accurate ball.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/106656-cowboys-tell-romo-to-shape-up?cnn=yes

No you don't; you are enjoying every minute of this.:rolleyes: :D

pirate4state
06-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I like McGee..but until he shows something other than OTA or mini camp I think ALOT of people need to tap the breaks on his future in the NFL..not saying he wont accomplish something, but I think people are really projecting him into something without him doing one thing isn't that what we do on this board? :p

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 08:57 AM

I told my peeps early on that Jon Kitna might actually be a better QB for this team than Romo unless Romo can change. And I AM a HUGE COWBOY FAN. I am really apprehensive about this upcoming season because we are depending on a 65 year old coach to change and our starting QB to change. Even after numerous TV spots and interviews where Romo claimed he would be a different person next season he has so far in the offseason been the exact same ROMO. He is paid millions and millions and millions of dollars to be the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys and he is spending his offseason trying to qualify for the PGA and Jet-Setting with Jessica............It could be a long year Cowboy fans!

Txbroadcaster
06-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I told my peeps early on that Jon Kitna might actually be a better QB for this team than Romo unless Romo can change. And I AM a HUGE COWBOY FAN. I am really apprehensive about this upcoming season because we are depending on a 65 year old coach to change and our starting QB to change. Even after numerous TV spots and interviews where Romo claimed he would be a different person next season he has so far in the offseason been the exact same ROMO. He is paid millions and millions and millions of dollars to be the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys and he is spending his offseason trying to qualify for the PGA and Jet-Setting with Jessica............It could be a long year Cowboy fans!

Just wondering

how do you know he has been the exact same Romo?

Pick6
06-16-2009, 09:02 AM
He is paid millions and millions and millions of dollars to be the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys and he is spending his offseason trying to qualify for the PGA and Jet-Setting with Jessica............It could be a long year Cowboy fans!

Yet he still finds time to practice almost everyday with Roy Williams :rolleyes:

pirate4state
06-16-2009, 09:04 AM
I told my peeps early on that Jon Kitna might actually be a better QB ^^ when I stopped reading ....

wow

injuredinmelee
06-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Yet he still finds time to practice almost everyday with Roy Williams :rolleyes:

Roy has never been known as someone who works hard in the offseason. Former college teammate of his told me that Roy was the laziest person he has ever known.

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
No you don't; you are enjoying every minute of this.:rolleyes: :D

I would rather be wrong and have Romo be a better QB. I am growing more and more disgruntled with this team as time goes by. JJ is driving me crazy with his stupid decisions about personel and coaches. WADE "fricken" Philips is a joke of a coach in the NFL and he's the best the Cowboys can get. Most experts pick the Cowboys in the lower half of the league even though they have Superbowl caliber talent. The Cowboys split with both Philly and Giants last season yet both those teams are in the top 5 in the league. The Cowboys are being turned into a joke by this current owner and it is driving me crazy.
BTW:I have it on pretty dang good authority that Pacman Jones is still living in one of Jerry Jone's houses. (as of last week). We will see Pacman wearing the Star next season.

Pick6
06-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Roy has never been known as someone who works hard in the offseason. Former college teammate of his told me that Roy was the laziest person he has ever known.

How much harder would he have to work if him and Romo are out everyday playing catch? Besides Michael Irvin who does like to practice.

Txbroadcaster
06-16-2009, 09:13 AM
I would rather be wrong and have Romo be a better QB. I am growing more and more disgruntled with this team as time goes by. JJ is driving me crazy with his stupid decisions about personel and coaches. WADE "fricken" Philips is a joke of a coach in the NFL and he's the best the Cowboys can get. Most experts pick the Cowboys in the lower half of the league even though they have Superbowl caliber talent. The Cowboys split with both Philly and Giants last season yet both those teams are in the top 5 in the league. The Cowboys are being turned into a joke by this current owner and it is driving me crazy.
BTW:I have it on pretty dang good authority that Pacman Jones is still living in one of Jerry Jone's houses. (as of last week). We will see Pacman wearing the Star next season.

The reason alot of "experts" have Dallas in the lower half of the league is because the experts are reactionary by nature. Dallas went 13-3 and all of them had them in the SB..they go 9-7 and now everyone jumps off the bandwagon. In today's NFL experts have no basis to predict. It is to much a year to year deal and teams rise and fall for so many reasons

The way the DBs are coming together, I really doubt Jones is back. Really no reason for him with all the young talent and everyone is raving about how they are doing in the offseason and their abilities.

BwdLions
06-16-2009, 09:20 AM

I just can't see McGee ever being a starting QB in the NFL. I may eventually be proven wrong, but I don't think so.

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Just wondering

how do you know he has been the exact same Romo?

If you plan on being different, then shouldn't you act different???? Maybe it's just a media conspiracy to report all the same kinds of jet-setting and star-studded crap that we have seen for years from Romo.

Txbroadcaster
06-16-2009, 09:24 AM
If you plan on being different, then shouldn't you act different???? Maybe it's just a media conspiracy to report all the same kinds of jet-setting and star-studded crap that we have seen for years from Romo.

ok lets try this..IT IS THE OFF-SEASON..I am sorry, I know Romo has faults, but this whole he should not do things outside of football DURING THE OFF-SEASON is so frickin STUPID. Fans who worry or complain about what someone does in the off season when it is not criminal, honestly need to step back

And I guess u did not see what he said yesterday

Highlight reels don't win championships," Romo said. "They don't. The boring plays win championships - checking it down to your back, sliding in the pocket and overthrowing a guy that looked like, 'Oh, he almost threw it to him and could have got a completion,' but it was really a smart, safe spot with the ball, punting the ball from your own 15-yard line instead of giving it to them.

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 09:25 AM

Almost everyday (When he's not trying to qualify for the PGA or partying in LA.........................Besides it sounds like they need to double their practice time.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1434910.html

Pick6
06-16-2009, 09:27 AM
ok lets try this..IT IS THE OFF-SEASON..I am sorry, I know Romo has faults, but this whole he should not do things outside of football DURING THE OFF-SEASON is so frickin STUPID. Fans who worry or complain about what someone does in the off season when it is not criminal, honestly need to step back

And I guess u did not see what he said yesterday

Highlight reels don't win championships," Romo said. "They don't. The boring plays win championships - checking it down to your back, sliding in the pocket and overthrowing a guy that looked like, 'Oh, he almost threw it to him and could have got a completion,' but it was really a smart, safe spot with the ball, punting the ball from your own 15-yard line instead of giving it to them.

He probably saw that but since it's a boring quote and doesn't feed his desire to say "I told you so" he ignores it.

Your right, the offseason is his time to do what he wants to do.

waterboy
06-16-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm willing to give Romo another year before I make any judgment as to his future. I have no doubt he has the ability, but he has to have a good offensive line in place. Last year the offensive line did not get the job done, and he tweaked his natural delivery which threw his timing off, thanks to his QB coach. I think that if they get the offensive line playing good, avoid injuries, establish the running game, and Romo goes back to his more natural drop-back and delivery, he will be capable of being the QB that he was when he started in the league. There will still be times where he will make mistakes, though, and the interceptions will have to be reduced.......that's for sure.

Pick6
06-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Almost everyday (When he's not trying to qualify for the PGA or partying in LA.........................Besides it sounds like they need to double their practice time.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1434910.html

So you're saying that Romo and Williams need to cut out everything from their lives except football? What a boring life you must live if it has to be football 24/7.

injuredinmelee
06-16-2009, 09:32 AM
JJ is driving me crazy with his stupid decisions about personel and coaches. WADE "fricken" Philips is a joke of a coach in the NFL and he's the best the Cowboys can get.

he is the best they can get because no good coach would take the job with Jerry having so much control over personnel decisions.

BuckeyeNut
06-16-2009, 09:44 AM
So you're saying that Romo and Williams need to cut out everything from their lives except football? What a boring life you must live if it has to be football 24/7.

Football is there job. That is what there getting paid to do. I work 40+ hours my job takes most of my time and that is the same with most people. People making as much money as he odes should do what it takes to be the best at what they does. Wheather it is Football or lawncare. Do your job and do it good or they will get some one else.

Pick6
06-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Football is there job. That is what there getting paid to do. I work 40+ hours my job takes most of my time and that is the same with most people. People making as much money as he odes should do what it takes to be the best at what they does. Wheather it is Football or lawncare. Do your job and do it good or they will get some one else.

Your job says you work 40hrs a week so many weeks a year. His job gives him an offseason, kinda of like a vacation, to do what he sees fit to do. If he wasn't meeting the demands of his contract then that's where the problems would come in.

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 09:52 AM
He probably saw that but since it's a boring quote and doesn't feed his desire to say "I told you so" he ignores it.

Your right, the offseason is his time to do what he wants to do.

Let me see! A Tony Romo quote on what it takes to win a championship! REALLY? I give that quote about as much relevance as I would a quote from Aretha Franklin on diet tips.
And it's not like we get a lot of Romo quotes about things he isn't qualified to talk about...............Wait! We do! Nevermind.

Pick6
06-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Let me see! A Tony Romo quote on what it takes to win a championship! REALLY? I give that quote about as much relevance as I would a quote from Aretha Franklin on diet tips.
And it's not like we get a lot of Romo quotes about things he isn't qualified to talk about...............Wait! We do! Nevermind.

So only players that have won championships can tell you what it takes to win one? If that's the case then you have no idea what it takes to win one since you've never won one. Aretha's quote on diets is about as relevant as yours.

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 09:57 AM

I don't care if the man dances naked with monkeys in the jungles of Africa if he gets the job done during the season!!!!!!! But based on his performances the last two season he should have priorities that center around FOOTBALL during the offseason. And anyone who compares a 10 million dollar a year QB position in the NFL to a 40hr a week job in lawncare must be missing a few strings in their weed-wacker. :D

Pick6
06-16-2009, 10:03 AM
he should have priorities that center around FOOTBALL during the offseason.

There goes that no life thinking again. When you go on vacation do you take your work with you?

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 10:13 AM
So only players that have won championships can tell you what it takes to win one? If that's the case then you have no idea what it takes to win one since you've never won one. Aretha's quote on diets is about as relevant as yours.

I only know ONE thing for certain about what it takes to win a championship: Don't play like Tony Romo has played so far in his career!

And I only know ONE thing for certain about what it takes to lose wieght: Don't do like Aretha does!

So common sense would dictate that I not take advice from either one of these individuals on these particular subjects. It's pretty much a given that I wouldn't take financial advice from a homeless person or marriage advice from someone who is divorced 5 times. I wouldn't get Lasic from a doctor who wears glasses or eat a "beef" burger from a guy pushing horse meat as an alternative. But that's just what I consider to be common sense. I can't speak for you though!!!! :D :D

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 10:15 AM
There goes that no life thinking again. When you go on vacation do you take your work with you?

Is it acceptable to you for the CEO of a major corporation to go on a extended 4 month vacation while the company he runs goes in the tank???????

JasperDog94
06-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Is it acceptable to you for the CEO of a major corporation to go on a extended 4 month vacation while the company he runs goes in the tank??????? If the company is not operating during that time...sure.

Pick6
06-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Is it acceptable to you for the CEO of a major corporation to go on a extended 4 month vacation while the company he runs goes in the tank???????

He's not the CEO, he's an employee of the Dallas Cowboys and his CEO gave him the time off. I'm sure if you're CEO offered you time off you'd take it.

Here's an idea for you. Try just living your life and no one else's, you're sure to be a much happier person, and quite possibly realize there is more to life than an oblong ball :thumbsup:

Bullaholic
06-16-2009, 10:25 AM
realize there is more to life than an oblong ball :thumbsup:

Blasphemy! What are you?---Some kind of dirt waterer? :D

Unfortunately, we will have to wait 16 weeks before we can really pass judgment on Romo. I say if the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs or go one-and-done this season, then maybe some leadership change at QB should be considered---even though it would be hard to blame Romo for the whole team's ills if the Cowboys do not improve next season.

Rabid Cougar
06-16-2009, 10:28 AM

My dream Job!

Txbroadcaster
06-16-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't care if the man dances naked with monkeys in the jungles of Africa if he gets the job done during the season!!!!!!! But based on his performances the last two season he should have priorities that center around FOOTBALL during the offseason. And anyone who compares a 10 million dollar a year QB position in the NFL to a 40hr a week job in lawncare must be missing a few strings in their weed-wacker. :D

This is the kind of talk that really amazes me..Based on his last two seasons you act like he sucks...even as bad as last year supposedly was he was a top 8 QB in rating and completed 61% of his passes

I know I know..the NFL QB has to win in the play-offs or supposedly he cant get it done. I never have bought into that theory and I never will. Football is considered the ultimate team sport. Have the biggest rosters of all the pro sports and it is basically a game where one player can not take over a game without help from his teammates yet for some reason the QB gets ALL the credit or All the blame.

Does not matter if the D gives up a TD in the last 2 mins of the first half after the said QB had led the O down the field in a methodical soul crushing drive that had the other team on the ropes before half( Giants play-off game)

Does not matter that injuries took not only playing time from the QB himself, but that the offense lost TWO of their 3 Rbs, various OL injuries( last year)

I like what one of the NFL Radio guys said on sirruis earlier this offseason. If it was any other team than Dallas this past year all the experts would say the team was derailed by the injuries on the field..but it being Dallas, people have to deconstruct Romo and the lockerroom and lay blame on everything OFF the field when on the field the problem was the team got hit hard by injuries.

But the people who are anti-Romo are just like the ones who were anti-Danny White..ANY loss will be Romo's fault no matter what. And if he plays bad in a win, well then he still sucks

Anyone remember when White was pushed out basically because of fan and media pressure? Dallas went from being a team thst could not win the NFC title game to being a team that could not get to the title game.

waterboy
06-16-2009, 11:28 AM
I agree with TXB on this one. He hasn't been that bad of a quarterback. He's made a lot of crucial mistakes at inopportune times over the course of his 2-year career, but overall he has been pretty solid. This past season the Cowboys were riddled with the injury bug and never really could recover. The offensive line was the biggest problem this past season, in my opinion......not the quarterback. If they can get the offensive line back in form, the Cowboys will be just fine.

pirate4state
06-16-2009, 11:33 AM
This is the kind of talk that really amazes me..Based on his last two seasons you act like he sucks...even as bad as last year supposedly was he was a top 8 QB in rating and completed 61% of his passes

I know I know..the NFL QB has to win in the play-offs or supposedly he cant get it done. I never have bought into that theory and I never will. Football is considered the ultimate team sport. Have the biggest rosters of all the pro sports and it is basically a game where one player can not take over a game without help from his teammates yet for some reason the QB gets ALL the credit or All the blame.

Does not matter if the D gives up a TD in the last 2 mins of the first half after the said QB had led the O down the field in a methodical soul crushing drive that had the other team on the ropes before half( Giants play-off game)

Does not matter that injuries took not only playing time from the QB himself, but that the offense lost TWO of their 3 Rbs, various OL injuries( last year)

I like what one of the NFL Radio guys said on sirruis earlier this offseason. If it was any other team than Dallas this past year all the experts would say the team was derailed by the injuries on the field..but it being Dallas, people have to deconstruct Romo and the lockerroom and lay blame on everything OFF the field when on the field the problem was the team got hit hard by injuries.

But the people who are anti-Romo are just like the ones who were anti-Danny White..ANY loss will be Romo's fault no matter what. And if he plays bad in a win, well then he still sucks

Anyone remember when White was pushed out basically because of fan and media pressure? Dallas went from being a team thst could not win the NFC title game to being a team that could not get to the title game.

:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Bullaholic
06-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

This is all TO's fault---he's doing something to Romo from up in Buffalo....:D

pirate4state
06-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This is all TO's fault---he's doing something to Romo from up in Buffalo....:D As a favor to my favorite muscled WR, I have placed a voodoo curse on Tony.

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 01:37 PM
He's not the CEO, he's an employee of the Dallas Cowboys and his CEO gave him the time off. I'm sure if you're CEO offered you time off you'd take it.

Here's an idea for you. Try just living your life and no one else's, you're sure to be a much happier person, and quite possibly realize there is more to life than an oblong ball :thumbsup:

I have another idea! Why don't YOU stop attacking me for my views on a forum and try to support YOUR views about the subject with actual substance????? That's what we do on a discussion forum. If you can't find anything to prove that your opinion has merit then perhaps it's time to just be silent, read & learn.
If you and the Dallas Cowboys want to call Romo a average QB that does a pretty good job I would not have a problem with that. Because at least they recognize that they need to be on the lookout for another (better) Qb. But Romo has been named the future of the team and they are not even looking to improve on that position. Every other position on the field is being improved on and those other players who didn't perform are being replaced except ROMO.......
There is not another player on the team that impacts success or failure as much as the QB does. He touches the ball on every single play. He sets the tone. He establishes rhythm! He developes expectations for what his team should do! Romo fails on all these fronts. (So far)! That is what I call the CEO..........

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Blasphemy! What are you?---Some kind of dirt waterer? :D

Unfortunately, we will have to wait 16 weeks before we can really pass judgment on Romo. I say if the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs or go one-and-done this season, then maybe some leadership change at QB should be considered---even though it would be hard to blame Romo for the whole team's ills if the Cowboys do not improve next season.

I am almost positive we have over 40 weeks of history to pass judgement with!!!!!! Is 40 weeks not enough for you?

BuckeyeNut
06-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Go read any books that Superbowl winning QB's have written. They all say to win you must work all year long. You cant got and mess around for 5 months and get right back were you need to be to play in the NFL.

Pick6
06-16-2009, 01:48 PM
perhaps it's time to just be silent, read & learn.

I was learning stuff on the 3ADL. Then I read some of your dribble and started to became stupid. Maybe you're the one who needs to sit back and listen and learn. There is no QB in the NFL that doesn't take time off during the offseason. Show everyone here 1 QB in the history of the NFL that practiced 24/7 like you think they should.

Bullaholic
06-16-2009, 02:00 PM
I am almost positive we have over 40 weeks of history to pass judgement with!!!!!! Is 40 weeks not enough for you?

Like you Farmer, I am frustrated with the Cowboys performance over the last 12 seasons or so, but I am not yet ready to lay it all at the feet on one man. I think if Tom Brady would have been the Dallas QB during the last few seasons the results would have been the same given all of the problems present within the Cowboys---many of which I am sure we never heard the true story. The Cowboys don't need any more scapegoats and finger-pointing---they need consistentcy and cohesion, absence of off-field issues and problems created by larger-than-life personnas and egos, over the course of a full season to orient themselves for a Super Bowl run. It is my guess that Jerry Jones has communicated this to players and coaches alike----that he has removed the distractions that were pointed out to him, paid the bucks to secure the players who were considered "keepers" and given the team the best venue in the world in which to demonsrate their talents. I think he has delivered the " heads will roll for poor playoff performance" edict in no uncertain terms. This is why I say we must endure waiting and watching for this next season. If the Cowboys fail miserably next season---I may be in your camp---but for now, I am not ready to go there yet.

sinton66
06-16-2009, 02:02 PM
I remember Roger Staubach's first three seasons. He didn't do nearly as well as Romo has. Roger went on to become one of the best ever. Everybody has to grow into the job. Some do that better than others. I'm still willing to give Romo benefit of a doubt. McGee may eventually become the starter, but JJ needs to draft Shipley first.

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 02:09 PM

I'm not anti-Romo! I'm pro Cowboys and as long as they are stuck with him they are just treading water.

You seem to forget that everything you said happened to the Cowboys last season also happened to almost every single team in the league. A team that was picked by most to win the superbowl went 9-7 and didn't even make the playoffs. Romo has had two full years of playing on the most talented team in the league. We can't compare him to QB's on bad teams. If you look at the facts the Cowboys had less injuries than most teams did the last 2 seasons. Romo played in 5 losses last season with a 63 QB rating. He played in 3 losses in 07' with a 49 rating and he played in 5 losses in 06' with a 79 rating. The facts are that Romo kills the Cowboys because of his mistakes way too often. And all this could be overlooked if he could just play decent in the playoffs. He has a career QB rating of 70 in his playoff games which is in the bottom half of all QB's.

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 02:19 PM
I was learning stuff on the 3ADL. Then I read some of your dribble and started to became stupid. Maybe you're the one who needs to sit back and listen and learn. There is no QB in the NFL that doesn't take time off during the offseason. Show everyone here 1 QB in the history of the NFL that practiced 24/7 like you think they should.

Don't get defensive Pick6! You attacked me, remember! And you seem to be reading a different forum than I am participating in. I simply said Romo's performance the last two seasons should send him scurrying to Valley Ranch for most of the offseason searching for improvement. He is the one who has made a BIG issue out of being a different person this upcoming season yet we get stories that he is being told he is too fat by his offensive cordinatior and he is spending his time trying to qualify for a Pro Golf event. How much time do you have to practice GOLF in order to think about attempting to qualify??????? Like i said a million time before, I don't care what he does with his time if he performs. His trip to Cabo with Jessica the week before the playoffs isn't a big deal if he plays well but he played like crap so it IS a big deal......................

Pick6
06-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Don't get defensive Pick6! You attacked me, remember! And you seem to be reading a different forum than I am participating in. I simply said Romo's performance the last two seasons should send him scurrying to Valley Ranch for most of the offseason searching for improvement. He is the one who has made a BIG issue out of being a different person this upcoming season yet we get stories that he is being told he is too fat by his offensive cordinatior and he is spending his time trying to qualify for a Pro Golf event. How much time do you have to practice GOLF in order to think about attempting to qualify??????? Like i said a million time before, I don't care what he does with his time if he performs. His trip to Cabo with Jessica the week before the playoffs isn't a big deal if he plays well but he played like crap so it IS a big deal......................

I'm not getting defensive. I think you whined about being attacked.

If you think he's going to practice 24/7, you're nuts. It's not going to happen,ever. No QB practices that much.

He was a scratch golfer before he came to the Cowboys. Therefore he wouldn't need as much practice as say....you.

If his boss, Jerry Jones, not Farmersfan, is content with the practice that he is putting in, then there's no story to be told.

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm not getting defensive. I think you whined about being attacked.

If you think he's going to practice 24/7, you're nuts. It's not going to happen,ever. No QB practices that much.

He was a scratch golfer before he came to the Cowboys. Therefore he wouldn't need as much practice as say....you.

If his boss, Jerry Jones, not Farmersfan, is content with the practice that he is putting in, then there's no story to be told.

So now you are saying Jerry Jones knows what is best for the Cowboys????? That's a new one!

And there IS one story to be told whether you read it or not:

The Cowboys have gone 9-7, 13-3, and 9-7 in Romo's three years as a starter for the boys. All three years the Cowboys were considered by most to be the most talented team in the league. Romo is 0-2 in the playoffs in his 3 years as a starter. 1 loss due to him dropping a field goal snap on the last play of the game and 1 where he had a QB rating of 64. You can choose to support this guy if you want but I choose to see him for what he is: A good QB who should be a backup somewhere rather than a franchise QB for the Dallas Cowboys. And BTW: Even Quincy Carter won 21 games in 3 years with a really, really bad Cowboys team and Drew Bledsoe averaged 8 wins a year.

Pick6
06-16-2009, 03:49 PM
So now you are saying Jerry Jones knows what is best for the Cowboys????? That's a new one!

Where'd you see that at? Need some help with comprehensive reading? No one said that Jerry new best, just that if Jerry is happy then nothing is going to change.

Whew, I thought I'd be lonely since my 11 year old is off at church camp. You're filling her shoes pretty well so far.

Farmersfan
06-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Where'd you see that at? Need some help with comprehensive reading? No one said that Jerry new best, just that if Jerry is happy then nothing is going to change.

Whew, I thought I'd be lonely since my 11 year old is off at church camp. You're filling her shoes pretty well so far.

Now you are just being nasty!!!!! :mad:

If we accept Jerry's decisions then we must think he is making the right decisions! Right? Can you communicate without being nasty or must I be subjected to your constant attacks?????? :D
It's ok though. I will gladly talk like your 11 year old so you can understand and not be lonely. Call it my contribution to cure world loneliness.

Pick6
06-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Now you are just being nasty!!!!! :mad:

If we accept Jerry's decisions then we must think he is making the right decisions! Right? Can you communicate without being nasty or must I be subjected to your constant attacks?????? :D
It's ok though. I will gladly talk like your 11 year old so you can understand and not be lonely. Call it my contribution to cure world loneliness.

If you don't accept Jerry's decisions is that going to change them? No. It'll just make you more irritable and quite possibly sound like an 11 year old girl :D

Txbroadcaster
06-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Romo played in 5 losses last season with a 63 QB rating. He played in 3 losses in 07' with a 49 rating and he played in 5 losses in 06' with a 79 rating. The facts are that Romo kills the Cowboys because of his mistakes way too often. And all this could be overlooked if he could just play decent in the playoffs. He has a career QB rating of 70 in his playoff games which is in the bottom half of all QB's.

You bring up QB ratings in losses and that is well and good..EXPCET almost all QBS haqve bad QB ratings in losses

Tom Brady's last regular season with losses(2006)

Peyton last year
4 losses
rating in those game 72, 46, 59, 73

Eli Manning
4 losses last year
76,43,73, 57

Now Romo's losses Rating
90,116, 44, 66, 55

So actually out of the sample area Romo had the top Two ratings for a QB that loss between this group. And he did not haqve the lowest