PDA

View Full Version : Durnit, I'm Warning Ya, Burnet!

pinecone
12-01-2003, 03:18 AM
Just a few things you need to understand! :p

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">1. Don't be throwing tortilla's at me! :rolleyes:
2. Don't have a stupid, comical bulldog
to represent Jasper like you did last
year on the front of the program.

3. If you win, go home happy and don't
do like last year and get on this
board and complain about some silly
something one of our kids might have
said! :mad:

4. And if we win, you are all invited to
the biggest party we have ever had! :D<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Bulldog92
12-01-2003, 03:32 AM
pinecone:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">1. Don't be throwing tortilla's at me! :rolleyes:

the biggest party we have ever had! :D<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It'll be great if we can get past Burnet, but I don't think we should be talking about parties after that because there would still be another game to play. Let's act like we've been there...even if we haven't. :D

olddog73
12-01-2003, 06:22 AM
Cant make any promises to you about the tortillias or the art work but I look forward to a great game. Have a safe trip over and pray for an injury free game for all. Best wishes! wink

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2003, 06:25 AM
Tortillas...lol. Man, I really miss going to Tech fball games.

poncho
12-01-2003, 07:39 AM
pinecone:

the biggest party we have ever had! :D<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">:cool: eek! eek! :D

GreatBigBurnetFan
12-01-2003, 08:41 AM
Hey pinecone,
Why would we need some silly caracature when we
have the REAL thing, you.

Burnet folks is this where we are supposed to get scared?
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

espn1
12-01-2003, 08:42 AM
This is the picture Burnet is going to use for Jaspers Bulldog this year. http://www.bullwrinkle.com/bulldog-clipart/animations/beg.gif

Hupernikomen
12-01-2003, 09:35 AM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
Hey pinecone,

Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFanScared? You guys brought back a good portion of your team from last year..most of the best portion of it actually. We just brought back our JV from last year. Just a honor to be here for us. Here is hoping we compete well.

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: Hupernikomen ]</small>

espn1
12-01-2003, 09:38 AM
espn1:
This is the picture Burnet is going to use for Jaspers Bulldog this year. http://www.bullwrinkle.com/bulldog-clipart/animations/beg.gifJust messing with pinecone. LOL!

dawg03
12-01-2003, 09:41 AM
I don't know if this is where we are supposed to get scared or not. eek! eek! eek! eek! :D

dawg03
12-01-2003, 09:44 AM
Hupernikomen:

GreatBigBurnetFan:
Hey pinecone,

Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFanScared? You guys brought back a good portion of your team from last year..most of the best portion of it actually. We just brought back our JV from last year. Just a honor to be here for us. Here is hoping we compete well.There are no excuses in football, either we win or lose. Last year we had an all new team, and we went to the state finals, just play the game! Good Luck to all players, coaches, fans. Travel Safe! wink eek! wink eek! :rolleyes:

Hupernikomen
12-01-2003, 10:51 AM
dawg03:

Hupernikomen:

GreatBigBurnetFan:
Hey pinecone,

Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFanScared? You guys brought back a good portion of your team from last year..most of the best portion of it actually. We just brought back our JV from last year. Just a honor to be here for us. Here is hoping we compete well.There are no excuses in football, either we win or lose. Last year we had an all new team, and we went to the state finals, just play the game! Good Luck to all players, coaches, fans. Travel Safe! wink eek! wink eek! :rolleyes: Not making excuses just pointing out the facts, that we certainly aren't expected to win or even be competitive in this game if you look at last year's score and what the two teams are bringing back. However, I like the competitive spirit of this young bunch of Jasper Bulldogs. I reiterate that I hope we compete well. The key I think for Jasper in this game is to control the clock and not get behind real fast. We have been scoring in the first quarter and then our offense has been stalling out. We are going to have to be more inventive in our play selection to keep this one close. Good luck to both the Crimson and Greeen Bulldogs.

JasperDog94
12-01-2003, 10:56 AM
LH Panther Mom:
Tortillas...lol. Man, I really miss going to Tech fball games.Okay, someone is going to have to spell this one out for me. What's the deal with the tortillas?

DawgMaw02
12-01-2003, 11:04 AM
JasperDog94:

LH Panther Mom:
Tortillas...lol. Man, I really miss going to Tech fball games.Okay, someone is going to have to spell this one out for me. What's the deal with the tortillas?

DawgMaw02
12-01-2003, 11:06 AM
DawgMaw02:

JasperDog94:

LH Panther Mom:
Tortillas...lol. Man, I really miss going to Tech fball games.Okay, someone is going to have to spell this one out for me. What's the deal with the tortillas?The dreaded corn tortilla!!! They have been flying around the stadium like frisbees of late. Look out! Duck! Geeeeezzz. I think they are rediculous and gross.

BIG19
12-01-2003, 11:23 AM
Didn't I see you throw a couple this past weekend??????? :) :p

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

spiveyrat
12-01-2003, 12:26 PM
DawgMaw02:

DawgMaw02:

JasperDog94:

LH Panther Mom:
Tortillas...lol. Man, I really miss going to Tech fball games.Okay, someone is going to have to spell this one out for me. What's the deal with the tortillas?The dreaded corn tortilla!!! They have been flying around the stadium like frisbees of late. Look out! Duck! Geeeeezzz. I think they are rediculous and gross.Ummmmm, why?

JasperDog94
12-01-2003, 12:29 PM
That's what I'm asking spivey...why?

GreatBigBurnetFan
12-01-2003, 01:10 PM
JasperDog94,
It's going to be a great game, great teams, great fans, beautiful stadium!

I will certainly will be praying for a safe trip
and no injuries for both teams.

We are both getting close to the end of a great season. I am surely going to enjoy the rest of the season.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

HotDawg89
12-01-2003, 01:44 PM
DawgMaw02:

DawgMaw02:

JasperDog94:

LH Panther Mom:
Tortillas...lol. Man, I really miss going to Tech fball games.Okay, someone is going to have to spell this one out for me. What's the deal with the tortillas?The dreaded corn tortilla!!! They have been flying around the stadium like frisbees of late. Look out! Duck! Geeeeezzz. I think they are rediculous and gross.I couldn't agree more. Last year, at the final game, when Burnet scored, people started throwing these GREEN tortillas. At least they painted them then and so they had some sort of school spirit to it... now... they are just plain ol tortillas. Why??? No one knows. I mean gosh, every football game we go to we always stop and eat Mexican... but this is crazy. Next thing I know we are going to change our mascot to the Taco Bell Dog! Wouldn't Jasper have fun with that? I can see the little pup on the cover of their program. ~Yo quiero Taco Bell?

It'stupid if you ask me. Though no one did! :D

JasperDog94
12-01-2003, 02:10 PM
Thanks Hotdawg89. Now I can at least understand why this was done.

Just be thankful you guys aren't Texas ATM. If you were, it would turn into a tradition that you did no matter what other people thought or how many people got hurt. frown

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

onfirebball05mustang
12-01-2003, 02:19 PM
Either way it goes, I hope burnet does not win the day. Sorry bulldogs, love the town, hate the team. Good luck to all though, should be a good game no matter what :)

weatherag07
12-01-2003, 02:57 PM
onfirebball05mustang:
Either way it goes, I hope burnet does not win the day. Sorry bulldogs, love the town, hate the team. Good luck to all though, should be a good game no matter what :) ???? Hate the team???

jbulldawg
12-01-2003, 03:15 PM
Why would you hate the team ? We don't hate the team and they sent us home last year. :rolleyes:

zippy
12-01-2003, 03:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang:
Either way it goes, I hope burnet does not win the day. Sorry bulldogs, love the town, hate the team. Good luck to all though, should be a good game no matter what I'm not sure what justification you'd have for a statement like this, afterall, I don't think Burnet and Manor has played each other since the 80's.

poncho
12-01-2003, 08:01 PM
onfirebball05mustang:
Either way it goes, I hope burnet does not win the day. Sorry bulldogs, love the town, hate the team. Good luck to all though, should be a good game no matter what :) Hater???? :cool:

poncho
12-01-2003, 08:08 PM
onfirebball05mustang:
Either way it goes, I hope burnet does not win the day. Sorry bulldogs, love the town, hate the team. Good luck to all though, should be a good game no matter what :) :cool:

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

Hottogo
12-01-2003, 08:28 PM
onfirebball05mustang:
Either way it goes, I hope burnet does not win the day. Sorry bulldogs, love the town, hate the team. Good luck to all though, should be a good game no matter what :) Man, we dont even really know anything about Manor, never played you guys, why all the hostility?

HotDawg89
12-01-2003, 09:44 PM
zippy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Either way it goes, I hope burnet does not win the day. Sorry bulldogs, love the town, hate the team. Good luck to all though, should be a good game no matter what I'm not sure what justification you'd have for a statement like this, afterall, I don't think Burnet and Manor has played each other since the 80's.I've got justification for you... can you spell...J-E-A-L-O-U-S ???

Besides, if we beat Jasper, then Manor is another step below a possible state champion. It's all about the rankings... but I don't think you have to hate a team of boys who have worked exceptionally hard at what they do to get where they are, unless they beat you up, or dated your girlfriend or something. Personally, I am really proud of Manor. Congrats on a great year. You guys came from nowhere, and did so well too!!!

06dawg
12-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Man, I love throwin the tortillas. Maybe its just a dumb high school thing but i think its fun. I really dont know how it got started but its a cool way to celebrate a touchdown. Sorry to those people who cant look up to see a tortilla coming at their head and duck. I think its an interesting tradition and im upset no one else thinks so. Anyways, Go Burnet!!!

spaniard
12-01-2003, 10:14 PM
zippy:

Either way it goes, I hope burnet does not win the day. Sorry bulldogs, love the town, hate the team. Good luck to all though, should be a good game no matter what I'm not sure what justification you'd have for a statement like this, afterall, I don't think Burnet and Manor has played each other since the 80's.we played them my junior year in high school, and beat them, but that was like in 2000, so i dont know why they would be mad

Dawgystyle
12-01-2003, 10:52 PM
The tortilla reference is about what the Burnet fans do after their team scores. They toss soft flour tortillas in the area like graduation hats. A take off of a Texas Tech tradition. The bad news is that the Superintendent of BCISD has put a memo out on the School web site for the fans to leave the tortillas at home. I still say they are a lot less messy than all the other foodproducts left behind after a game.
I am sure Jasper is bringing a talented team to the table. They should gain some valuable experience for when they return next year. Unfortunately I believe they will remain one of the best 4 teams in State 3A and not the best team in State 3A. Burnet wins by 3 TDs.