PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Fios

Txbroadcaster
06-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Anyone have it? Is it good? worth the price?

CHS_CG
06-15-2009, 05:56 PM

Keith7
06-15-2009, 06:23 PM
I had it for two years until I moved into a new apartment that doesn't support it.

I thought it was awesome and will probably try to get it again once I moved some place else

Txbroadcaster
06-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I had it for two years until I moved into a new apartment that doesn't support it.

I thought it was awesome and will probably try to get it again once I moved some place else

yea where we are moving is in the service area

anyone know if the gaming is good using Fios internet

PHS Wildcats
06-15-2009, 08:26 PM
My girlfreind has it and she doesn't like it. When we move in our new apartment in Sept. We are going to Directv. Well I'll move my Directv service.

Hello Sunday Ticket for the 4th yr in a row!:clap:

Steelers Back-to-back:clap:

pirate4state
06-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yea where we are moving is in the service area

anyone know if the gaming is good using Fios internet where are you moving?

Txbroadcaster
06-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
where are you moving?

Garland

and as gar as internet speed..ours here SUCKS..part of HOA that has a deal with this crappy net service..our best speed is 1.5Kps and it cost 70 a month

we cannot use ANYone else..so i am pumped for faster net

DU_stud04
06-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Garland

and as gar as internet speed..ours here SUCKS..part of HOA that has a deal with this crappy net service..our best speed is 1.5Kps and it cost 70 a month

we cannot use ANYone else..so i am pumped for faster net wow...1.5? id be pretty bummed too. we have att uverse, all channels, hd, sports package, movie package, 18 mb/s internet...... essss niiiccceee. roommate said he'd get fios over uverse if fios was in our area.... only thing we can get is uverse, so im thankful its good. he worked for fios for a while though, he knows a bit more than i do about that....i just know fast. haha

Emerson1
06-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Garland

What? You don't like connextions!?!

My uncle who lives in Garland likes it I am pretty sure. They offer a lot of HD channels.

When is the moving away party?

I will help you move $$$$$

Txbroadcaster
06-16-2009, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What? You don't like connextions!?!

My uncle who lives in Garland likes it I am pretty sure. They offer a lot of HD channels.

When is the moving away party?

I will help you move $$$$$

good we were going to tell u that ur helping us

pirate4state
06-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Garland

I used to live in Garland, but it was really more like Richardson. Oh well. Good luck with the move.

Txbroadcaster
06-16-2009, 09:03 AM
I used to live in Garland, but it was really more like Richardson. Oh well. Good luck with the move.

yea we are basically moving to DalGaresquite LOL

pirate4state
06-16-2009, 09:05 AM
yea we are basically moving to DalGaresquite LOL awesome - i'll be in the area for a visit in August.

Decided to stay put. :nerd:

Txbroadcaster
06-16-2009, 09:05 AM
awesome - i'll be in the area for a visit in August.

Decided to stay put. :nerd:

AWWW WTH...u suck if ur not moving back

pirate4state
06-16-2009, 09:21 AM
AWWW WTH...u suck if ur not moving back :D :D

crzyjournalist03
06-16-2009, 09:32 AM
I've had Fios internet for a year and a half and have had the television for about 6 months now. Switched over from DirecTV, so here's my comparison:

If you like sports channels, Fios offers more of them than pretty much any other carrier without charging more for them. They're almost always willing to throw in the sports package for free. Now, that may not matter, as things like the Horse Racing Channel, Tennis Channel, and YES Network may not appeal to everybody, but you've got them.

Gaming is good if you get a decent speed internet. I was on their base package for the first year and would get disconnects about once a week. Since moving to the 20/5 plan, I haven't had a single disconnect, and I really don't notice any lag at all.

For the price, you'll get more from FIOS than DirecTV in terms of number of channels, but you'll also get fewer HD...all of the local networks and major sports channels (including NFL, NHL, and MLB netowrks) are in HD, but some of the channels like Cartoon Network, MTV, and Spike that are HD on other carriers aren't on Fios yet. The regular broadcast of those channels looks far inferior to what you'd get on an over-the-air channel, but again, it depends on what channels you're looking for.

For me, it was a great move. My bill went from around $110 a month just for the basic HD package on DirecTV and the basic internet package offered by Verizon to $84 a month for the Verizon Flex package which includes 20/5 internet, HD, free on-demand programming and the sports package.

The best part of it all to me is that Fios doesn't go out. Since it's underground, you don't have to worry about weather interfering with your signal.

PurpleFreddy
06-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Garland

Hey, you'll be a little bit closer to me ... plus you'll be REALLY close to Babe's Chicken Dinner House ... at Belt Line and North Garland Road.

firstdown
06-16-2009, 11:55 AM
FIOS is the bomb, much better than direct or dish.