PDA

View Full Version : DCTF Playoff Predictions

WOS87
06-15-2009, 04:02 PM
DI Playoff Bracket (http://texasfootball.com/doc_lib/093ADIpredictions.pdf)

DII Playoff Bracket (http://texasfootball.com/doc_lib/093ADIIpredictions.pdf)

garciap77
06-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
DI Playoff Bracket (http://texasfootball.com/doc_lib/093ADIpredictions.pdf)

DII Playoff Bracket (http://texasfootball.com/doc_lib/093ADIIpredictions.pdf)
They almost had DI right, if they would have only picked Abilene
Wylie over Gilmer!

Isn't that right waterboy?:D

:p

;)

waterboy
06-15-2009, 04:11 PM
They have Gilmer going D1. Chapel Hill doesn't make the playoffs after all.:thinking: That's fine by me..............and a few others will be relieved, too.:D

waterboy
06-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Wylie over Gilmer!

Isn't that right waterboy?:D

:p

;)
Nope! Ain't gonna happen! Gilmer will beat Wylie...........again!:D One good thing, though, maybe we can have a M&G so I can meet some of you fellers. I'll bring you some Kleenex after the game!:D

;)

HEMOTOXIC
06-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Wow, a Navasota vs Gilmer matchup scares me right now....:confused:

garciap77
06-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Nope! Ain't gonna happen! Gilmer will beat Wylie...........again!:D One good thing, though, maybe we can have a M&G so I can meet some of you fellers. I'll bring you some Kleenex after the game!:D

;)

OK Rocket! I mean waterboy!:D

;)

P.S. Hey wait a minute! Was that you pass out the Kleenex last time we played?:mad:

Rabid Cougar
06-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Well they got the outcome of the China Spring - Wylie game wrong. It aint happening twice.

WTF-82
06-15-2009, 07:19 PM
I was little surprised in Lubbock Cooper over Brownwood.
I think lions will be lot better than people think but they will probably face nasty defense in round 2 against Loboes so I agree there Loboes advance from round 2. As for State Semis Celina and Monahans matchup this would be special to us Lobo bloods but right now I would agree Celina is the team that gets to the finals. You cant argue there Bobcats got it going on.

STANG RED
06-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
I was little surprised in Lubbock Cooper over Brownwood.
I think lions will be lot better than people think but they will probably face nasty defense in round 2 against Loboes so I agree there Loboes advance from round 2. As for State Semis Celina and Monahans matchup this would be special to us Lobo bloods but right now I would agree Celina is the team that gets to the finals. You cant argue there Bobcats got it going on.

Lubbock Cooper only makes the playoffs because it's a weak district. They'll do their typical 1 and done, no matter who they play from D2. But this silly nonsense coming from Dave Campbells doesnt surprise me in the least. Sometimes I think they use LHPM's poo pole method of making picks.

slingshot
06-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Wylie wins this time...

wildstangs
06-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Ha - Sweetwater and Snyder missing the playoffs. One might, but one of them will be there over Graham.

If Brownwood could beat more teams than Breckenridge in district, they would easily beat Cooper.

slingshot
06-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Well they got the outcome of the China Spring - Wylie game wrong. It aint happening twice. You're right--the score will be way more lopsided in our favor next time!

Rabid Cougar
06-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
You're right--the score will be way more lopsided in our favor next time!

Selling lake front property in Abilene are you?

LH Panther Mom
06-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Sometimes I think they use LHPM's poo pole method of making picks.
:clap: :clap: :D

BEAST
06-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Ha - Sweetwater and Snyder missing the playoffs. One might, but one of them will be there over Graham.

If Brownwood could beat more teams than Breckenridge in district, they would easily beat Cooper.

Keep yip yappin. The Wood is going to be there. We will be strong this year, the year after that very, very strong.

BEAST

BwdLions
06-16-2009, 09:35 AM
1A Lubbock Coronado Lubbock Cooper
2B Brownwood

First off, it's hard to imagine Lubbock Cooper being the winner of a game between Lubbock Coronado and Brownwood. Secondly, I expect the Lions to go further in the playoffs than an opening round loss to anyone.

SHSBulldog00
06-16-2009, 09:58 AM
If this stays to form (not gonna happen) and Sweeny settles on a QB....they may play Giddings in the Regional Final. IMO

Sweetwater Red
06-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Lubbock Cooper only makes the playoffs because it's a weak district. They'll do their typical 1 and done, no matter who they play from D2. But this silly nonsense coming from Dave Campbells doesnt surprise me in the least. Sometimes I think they use LHPM's poo pole method of making picks.

Last year's prediction

1. Brownwood
2. Snyder
3. Wylie
4. Graham
5. Sweetwater
6. Breckenridge

Last year's final district standings

1. Wylie
2. Sweetwater
3. Snyder
4. Graham
5. Brownwood
6. Breckenridge

This year's prediction

1. Graham (On paper I agree. But they don't play the games on paper)
2. Brownwood (As much as I want to say something here I won't)
3. Wylie (Lol. Wylie never finishes 3rd in district in any sport :mad: )
4. Snyder (This is me biting my tongue:D )
5. Sweetwater (See last year's prediction and final standings)
6. Breckenridge (Hell a caveman could get this pick right:( )

Looking4number8
06-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

1. Graham (On paper I agree. But they don't play the games on paper)
2. Brownwood (As much as I want to say something here I won't)
3. Wylie (Lol. Wylie never finishes 3rd in district in any sport :mad: )
4. Snyder (This is me biting my tongue:D )
5. Sweetwater (See last year's final standings)
6. Breckenridge (Hell a caveman could get this pick right:( )

I usually stay out of the prediction threads to except to say I love my Lions but it as you said Red, they dont play the games on paper..... or on-line either. I know we got what we deserved last year but dont expect it to be the same this year. We dont have any D-1 players this year but you will see much more of a full team spirit on the field.

Go Lions Go!!

WTF-82
06-17-2009, 01:04 AM
WELL HERE IS MINE

1. ABILENE WYLIE
2. SWEETWATER
3. BROWNWOOD
4. GRAHAM
5. SNYDER
6. BRECKENRIDGE

The reason people are ranking Graham that high is because of McCoy good player they do return lots of players and will be reall tough. But Graham will not beat Sweetwater if Brownwood improves on the defensive side they have enough talent to make the playoffs and compete for the district title. Sweetwater will put together another great defense and they will get in again. Snyder will compete in every game and if they can replace all those starters they will be in the run again till the final game like last year. GRAHAM AND BROWNWOOD could have another shoot out to get in the playoffs. And the Snyder , Brownwood matchup at the end of the year could mean something again like last year.
Wylie will lose 1 district game this year to Graham in a shocker then they will run the table and go deep in the playoffs. Graham has been able to shock the Bulldogs in reg season in the past and may do it this season again.

KingRob
06-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Weird how they predict Cuero over Bellville in D1 bi-district, yet Bellville is ranked higher in the preseason poll.:thinking:

garciap77
06-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Well they got the outcome of the China Spring - Wylie game wrong. It aint happening twice.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs007.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Wow, Port Isabel in Division 1? That would be a first....

Besides, I think La Feria and Hidalgo will both be making some noise along with PI, Rio Hondo, and Raymondville.

If either La Feria or Hidalgo make the playoffs, that's D2 for Port Isabel.

BwdLions
06-17-2009, 09:36 AM
[B]WELL HERE IS MINE

1. ABILENE WYLIE
2. SWEETWATER
3. BROWNWOOD
4. GRAHAM
5. SNYDER
6. BRECKENRIDGE

/B]

You have a good argument with the prediction you've posted ***-82. I think Wylie will be the team to beat in 09. (They have a quality team every year). Sweetwater and Brownwood will be much improved and should grab the other two playoff spots. Graham and Snyder should finish in the 4 & 5 spots with Breck finishing last.

Does anyone know if the RB from Breck will be back in 09?

Ex-Tiger2005
06-17-2009, 10:24 AM
WELL HERE IS MINE

1. ABILENE WYLIE
2. SWEETWATER
3. BROWNWOOD
4. GRAHAM
5. SNYDER
6. BRECKENRIDGE

I will just say let it play out. Because I have a hard time believing that Snyder is the fifth best team in the district. That is no disrespect to the other teams. But we had a team that was decent last year that was dominated by juniors and sophomores, and they are all coming back. We lost a lot of linemen depth but I just think we are better than what we are projected. I know I am bias cause its my team with my brother on it. But I like being under the radar and hopefully we can have a better season than everyone is NOT giving us credit for!

STAggie
06-17-2009, 10:26 AM
I can't believe Sealy has been picked to not make it. I know D25 will be tough again but I have a hard time believing with the talent we have coming back we won't make the playoffs.

garciap77
06-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
I will just say let it play out. Because I have a hard time believing that Snyder is the fifth best team in the district. That is no disrespect to the other teams. But we had a team that was decent last year that was dominated by juniors and sophomores, and they are all coming back. We lost a lot of linemen depth but I just think we are better than what we are projected. I know I am bias cause its my team with my brother on it. But I like being under the radar and hopefully we can have a better season than everyone is NOT giving us credit for!

I agree with you!

IHStangFan
06-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
I can't believe Sealy has been picked to not make it. I know D25 will be tough again but I have a hard time believing with the talent we have coming back we won't make the playoffs. Agreed....I found that odd myself.

STAggie
06-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Agreed....I found that odd myself.

Honeslty as long as the new qb comes in and performs well and learns the system by district, Sealy should make a run at the title.

Sweetwater Red
06-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005

I'm a little biased too. I'd like to see the usual suspects make it
out of district for the fourth time this decade.:thinking: :D :devil:

IHStangFan
06-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Honeslty as long as the new qb comes in and performs well and learns the system by district, Sealy should make a run at the title. yup.....the QB thing...and maybe the focus and distraction factor.....seems you guys had a few bumps in the road w/ that last year. If that can be ironed out...you guys will be hard to beat.

BuckeyeNut
06-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Wylie over Gilmer

;)

I just hope we get to play in another great place like last time

Bull's-eye
06-17-2009, 12:22 PM
I can't believe Sealy has been picked to not make it. I know D25 will be tough again but I have a hard time believing with the talent we have coming back we won't make the playoffs.

Being in the arguably best R4 football district, a very good team will be left out of the playoffs. Should be a 4 team battle for 3 playoff berths between Bellville, Giddings, La Grange & Sealy.

STAggie
06-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Being in the arguably best R4 football district, a very good team will be left out of the playoffs. Should be a 4 team battle for 3 playoff berths between Bellville, Giddings, La Grange & Sealy.

This is the sad truth of D25. Hopefully all the games this year will be as exciting as they were last year. I don't think anyone had an easy game in district last year.

garciap77
06-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
I just hope we get to play in another great place like last time

yup!!!!!!!!! Will not be easy getting there for either team.

waterboy
06-17-2009, 01:03 PM
yup!!!!!!!!! Will not be easy getting there for either team.
Nope. It won't be easy......that's for sure! At least this time if we meet it'll be in the state championship game!:thumbsup: I would be thinking somewhere like Jerry World (Cowboy Stadium). Wouldn't that be awesome?!!:cool:

TexasHSFB
06-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Honeslty as long as the new qb comes in and performs well and learns the system by district, Sealy should make a run at the title. LOL at this post.

Sealy won't make it past Cuero again in round 2.

That's gonna be a blowout. Cuero will be better than they were last year.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I'm a little biased too. I'd like to see the usual suspects make it
out of district for the fourth time this decade.:thinking: :D :devil:

yep!

garciap77
06-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Nope. It won't be easy......that's for sure! At least this time if we meet it'll be in the state championship game!:thumbsup: I would be thinking somewhere like Jerry World (Cowboy Stadium). Wouldn't that be awesome?!!:cool:

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

STAggie
06-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
LOL at this post.

Sealy won't make it past Cuero again in round 2.

That's gonna be a blowout. Cuero will be better than they were last year.

Meant district title as other posters who responded to my post obviously knew. As far as Cuero, if we can make it that far to play them, I didn't know your post was the deciding factor of who won, thanks for the heads up.