PDA

View Full Version : Ellis to join Raiders

Trashman
06-15-2009, 03:33 PM
CARROLLTON -- Veteran linebacker Greg Ellis, who was cut by the Dallas Cowboys on June 2, has agreed to terms on a multi-year deal with the Oakland Raiders.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Ellis' deal includes a signing bonus and guaranteed money, according to a source.

Ellis will likely move back to his former defensive end position with the Raiders in the 4-3 playing outside linebacker in the Cowboys 3-4 the past three seasons.

Ellis decided on the Raiders after visiting Oakland on Friday.

Ellis played 11 seasons with the Cowboys after being selected eighth overall in the 1998 NFL Draft. he finished with 77 career sacks and led the team in sacks six times, which is second to Harvey Martin's club record seven. He was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2007.

Pick6
06-15-2009, 04:47 PM
It just might make the Thanksgiving game a little interesting now.

JasperDog94
06-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Going to the Raiders shows that Ellis cares more about money than winning.

Pmoney
06-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
that doesn't surprise me one bit...enjoy the money because you will always be in the NFL's cellar with that team

crzyjournalist03
06-16-2009, 09:35 AM

I don't think so...I think it's more about playing than the money. If I'm not mistaken, he would have earned a lot more with the Cowboys as a backup, but he complained for three years that he didn't want to do that.

He'd rather be on the field and lose than to be a role player on a winning team.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-16-2009, 09:37 AM
He complained all the time, but he also was a pretty good player for the 'Boys.

Good luck and Godspeed; let's talk about something else.

crzyjournalist03
06-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
let's talk about something else.

Didn't the Cowboys let a productive wide receiver go in the offseason...who was that guy and whatever happened to him? :devil:

BreckTxLonghorn
06-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Didn't the Cowboys let a productive wide receiver go in the offseason...who was that guy and whatever happened to him? :devil:

....not that:dispntd:

Pick6
06-16-2009, 09:51 AM

What if no other team offered him a contract? Oakland might of been his only choice.