PDA

View Full Version : Navasota 7on7 thoughts

Electus Unus
06-15-2009, 11:28 AM
I could have swore I saw the cameron coach on the sidelines coaching cameron during the navasota SQT.

connor wood is GOOD(his team not so much)
Navasota has lost some size at the WR position
never heard of hitchcock before but they had some athletes
la grange's QB stared down his go to receiver the whole day
Royal had some athletes but ran the worst and most undisciplined routes I have ever seen.

Crasher
06-15-2009, 03:08 PM
What is the point of getting on here to talk about LaGrange's QB , cameron's coaches, Connor woods team or Royals receivers like that . It was hot and those kids worked their butts off out there in the heat. what are you hoping to accomplish by getting on here and talking down on people.

TRENCHES06
06-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Navasota lost size at reciever but still have a TON of speed.

Electus Unus
06-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Sorry for talking about football on a football message board. Just providing opinions and thoughts of what I saw in Navasota. About Cameron's coach well it is against UIL rules for them to be on the field coaching 7on7. But hey I once again I apologise for bringing football talk here.

TRENCHES06
06-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Who won the final game Navasota vs. Hitchcock?

Electus Unus
06-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Who won the final game Navasota vs. Hitchcock? They didn't play and both agreed that it was too damn hot on that turf.

Crasher
06-15-2009, 03:46 PM
obviously you can talk about football. I was just wondering if you like to bash people because it makes you feel better about yourself somehow.

Crasher
06-15-2009, 03:48 PM
also since you are calling out other teams. where do you coach ? that way we can talk about "our thoughts" on your team.. Or are you a coach at all?

STAggie
06-15-2009, 03:58 PM
To quote another thread "Lighten up Francis (Crasher)"

Looks to me like good football talk and not once did he really talk down to any one.

Electus Unus
06-15-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't coach...but I enjoy football and a graduate of Rockdale High.

As for them how Rockdale did well they started off playing bad defense against Hitchcock. I'm not sure how they did in their final pool game. IMO they lack speed but they make up for it in technique.

Would you care to know anything else?

Crasher
06-15-2009, 04:04 PM
nothing else;. Hey st aggie..did someone pull your chain ? If you call me Francis again i'll drive over to sealy and pay you a visit

STAggie
06-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Crasher
nothing else;. Hey st aggie..did someone pull your chain ? If you call me Francis again i'll drive over to sealy and pay you a visit

LOL. Ok. Internet tough guy alert.:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :D :o :mad: :devil: :inlove:

Crasher
06-15-2009, 04:28 PM
yeah..its all fun and games till someone gets hurt.

Crasher
06-15-2009, 04:28 PM
how do you get all those emoticons in a row.. that is impressive...

STAggie
06-15-2009, 04:31 PM

ROFLOL! You don't know me, so stop hiding behind a computer moniter to talk your trash. LOL! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Back to 7 on 7. Hitchcock is going to be hard to handle in 2A again and I hope they make a run at the title. Back when they were in our district, they were a strictly basketball school and always battled Stafford and Sweeny for District. It is nice to see them competitive in football. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

LH Panther Mom
06-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Who whizzed in your Wheaties?

OldBison75
06-15-2009, 05:14 PM
First, Navasota did lose some size at one receiver position and the skill Jackson had will be hard to replace. The new crew of receivers will be fast and you will be surprised at the competetiveness of a couple of them.

Second, I appreciate the honest evaluation of what you saw at the games Electus. I pretty much agree with your assessment and thought most of the teams played pretty well in the high heat. The game between Navasota and Hitchcock would have been a good one though.

I think some people put too much emphasis on the results of these SQT games and 7 on 7 in general. It is a great opportunity for a team to work on timing and such, but it usually dosen't translate into the success in the real season. Love the games though.

Astro2
06-15-2009, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by STAggie
[B]ROFLOL! You don't know me, so stop hiding behind a computer moniter to talk your trash. LOL! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

ROFLOL...?????.... you must be 12 with all the texting lingo.... my money is on Crasher...i hear he is a real Cowboy!

Matthew328
06-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
First, Navasota did lose some size at one receiver position and the skill Jackson had will be hard to replace. The new crew of receivers will be fast and you will be surprised at the competetiveness of a couple of them.

Second, I appreciate the honest evaluation of what you saw at the games Electus. I pretty much agree with your assessment and thought most of the teams played pretty well in the high heat. The game between Navasota and Hitchcock would have been a good one though.

I think some people put too much emphasis on the results of these SQT games and 7 on 7 in general. It is a great opportunity for a team to work on timing and such, but it usually dosen't translate into the success in the real season. Love the games though.

You'd be surprised at how good of an indicator 7 on 7 really is for success...especially for teams who run their real offense and not a 7 on 7 junk offense

LH Panther Mom
06-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
You'd be surprised at how good of an indicator 7 on 7 really is for success...especially for teams who run their real offense and not a 7 on 7 junk offense
I guess we're in the "junk" offense category for 7-7. :cool:

Matthew328
06-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Not really, not sure what you guys do.....LOL

Celina IMO runs a junk 7 on 7 offense..but hey it works for em

LH Panther Mom
06-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Not really, not sure what you guys do.....LOL

Celina IMO runs a junk 7 on 7 offense..but hey it works for em
Well.......we darn sure don't run the slot-t. :p

navscanmaster
06-15-2009, 09:29 PM
I didn't get to make the games, but I would like to know how the Navasota QB looked and how well the Navasota WRs caught the ball.

STAggie
06-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Astro2
[QUOTE]Originally posted by STAggie
[B]ROFLOL! You don't know me, so stop hiding behind a computer moniter to talk your trash. LOL! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

ROFLOL...?????.... you must be 12 with all the texting lingo.... my money is on Crasher...i hear he is a real Cowboy!

Not quite, but its cool stick up for your friend. It's funny how worked up some of you get when you get behind a computer screen.

I for one am glad that Navasota lost what they did. It was tough to watch Sealy get stomped up and down the field. Jackson tore us a new one last year. Maybe this year it will be a fair fight.

snake_attack
06-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I didn't get to make the games, but I would like to know how the Navasota QB looked and how well the Navasota WRs caught the ball.

The recievers looked good and so did Hildreth. I Wish I could of seen Day played more at qb. Even though we lost our whole offensive skill players due to graduationour our skill position players will surprise alot of people.

snake_attack
06-15-2009, 10:35 PM
I for one am glad that Navasota lost what they did. It was tough to watch Sealy get stomped up and down the field. Jackson tore us a new one last year. Maybe this year it will be a fair fight. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not so fast my friend. Alfon Taylor is a tremendous athlete and can go up and get it. He is going to be a Brandal Jackson type reciever. Also Thomas Sweed didnt play due to injury last year but he will probably be the go to reciever.

STAggie
06-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by snake_attack
I for one am glad that Navasota lost what they did. It was tough to watch Sealy get stomped up and down the field. Jackson tore us a new one last year. Maybe this year it will be a fair fight.

Not so fast my friend. Alfon Taylor is a tremendous athlete and can go up and get it. He is going to be a Brandal Jackson type reciever. Also Thomas Sweed didnt play due to injury last year but he will probably be the go to reciever. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well that is not good to hear. The only thing I can say is our dbacks will be much more experienced this next year. We had 2 or 3 starting for the first time last year, who are all still with us.

snake_attack
06-15-2009, 10:56 PM
I know this might be a dumb question, but is the RB Downey going to playing next year?

STAggie
06-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by snake_attack
I know this might be a dumb question, but is the RB Downey going to playing next year?

As far as I know he is. I think he has been trying to clean up his act since some D1 schools have shown interest but who knows until the season actually starts.

HEMOTOXIC
06-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Too bad Sealy isn't on the Rattlers' schedule this season...

Crasher
06-16-2009, 10:40 AM
I still want to jump out of the bushes and choke these two out one dark night... My middle name is Rambo..i cant help it
LH mom..no one whizzed in my wheaties..you better watch yourself or im coming after you too.
Crasher

44INAROW
06-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I guess we're in the "junk" offense category for 7-7. :cool:

Now Debbie - of course LH is in the "junk" offense category. Don't you know a team CAN NOT be successful without passing??? I:D :D :D