PDA

View Full Version : you know you are procrastinator when....

coach
06-14-2009, 09:37 PM
you are seeing how many pieces of gum you can fit in your mouth in stead of writing a paper

turbostud
06-14-2009, 09:44 PM
What's the topic of your paper?

coach
06-14-2009, 09:46 PM
talk about the irony in the short story A Rose for Emily

PurpleFreddy
06-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Wow. I'm a high school Pre-AP English teacher, but I can't fathom writing an entire paper on irony ... unless there are several different examples.
Are we talking dramatic irony, verbal irony, or situational irony?
I'm better at other forms of literary analysis ... how diction and detail create mood or tone, etc.

Ranger Mom
06-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by coach
you are seeing how many pieces of gum you can fit in your mouth in stead of writing a paper

I had to laugh at my daughter this past semester when she kept putting off her paper on "procrastination."

Rabid Cougar
06-14-2009, 10:20 PM
I will comment on this thread tomorrow.

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I will comment on this thread tomorrow.

I will read it sometime later

rockdale80
06-14-2009, 10:39 PM
talk about the irony in the short story A Rose for Emily

I have written this paper....Good luck buddy. :)

CHS_CG
06-14-2009, 10:42 PM

Try fitting grapes in your mouth.. its healthier

coach
06-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
Wow. I'm a high school Pre-AP English teacher, but I can't fathom writing an entire paper on irony ... unless there are several different examples.
I'm better at other forms of literary analysis ... how diction and detail create mood or tone, etc.

all three types of irony

TexasHSFB
06-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Irony-

All she wanted was love, but never got it. (Main one)

She wanted to keep the guy around, so she killed him.

I had to read this in Eng this past year.

westcoast54
06-15-2009, 09:38 AM
My roommate and I used to put off studying by cleaning our dorm room and later our apartment. You always new when we had tests...everything was clean. Those were the days.

44INAROW
06-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
my mother taught "College Bound" English for 29 years (shows how long ago that was lol not very PC) only thing I really remember learning in her class my junior year, was on "non-verbal communication" ;) She was an excellent teacher, I was just a BAD student. She taught several posters on the downlow.. Old Green, HighSchoolFootball78's parents :) and Gobbler Grad for sure..
oh yea, I was going to reply about procrastination.. ....... I'll do that at a later date :D

Farmersfan
06-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Procrastinate today! Don't put it off until tomarrow.

pirate4state
06-15-2009, 10:54 AM
I always work best under pressure. :nerd:

Did you finish your paper?

coach
06-15-2009, 03:09 PM
yeah at 1 this morning