PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone hate the Lakers as much as me???

Sweetwater Red
06-14-2009, 08:01 PM
:thinking:

DDBooger
06-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Me
I hope the Celtics are better next year or Cleveland makes some moves. I can't stand the Lakers.

RiverRat19
06-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I do. But mostly because of the celebrity fans that are show in attendance. I'm sure many of them are "true" fans like Nicholson, but the others just make me dislike the entire franchise.

Sweetwater Red
06-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Apparently Cleveland is trying to make a move for a washed up Shaq.

The only team I hate worse than the Lakers are the Celtics.

Speaking of hate....I hate when someone joins a fantasy league and doesn't bother trying. Where is your competiveness "cellar dweller"? :D

DDBooger
06-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Apparently Cleveland is trying to make a move for a washed up Shaq.

The only team I hate worse than the Lakers are the Celtics.

Speaking of hate....I hate when someone joins a fantasy league and doesn't bother trying. Where is your competiveness "cellar dweller"? :D I lost manny! :(
not to mention forgot! haha

Sweetwater Red
06-14-2009, 08:27 PM
So you are blaming Manny for Manny on your down fall? Haha

I'm going to be honest. I set my roster every morning and I was in first place for most of the first 62 games of the year. Lately I have had a distraction. Now not so much. I am spanking somebody 8-2 though this week.:doh:

pirate4state
06-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Me
I hope the Celtics are better next year or Cleveland makes some moves. I can't stand the Lakers. +1 :thumbsup:

Looking4number8
06-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I hate the lakers but you have to admire them. I heard on "Mike and Mike in the morning" last week that there has been something like 65 NBA finals and the lakers have been apart of 29 of them. Now that is impressive!

By the way, I also hate Fantasy Leagues! Big ole waste of time!

Sweetwater Red
06-14-2009, 08:43 PM
I have to reply to two posts at one time. You'll know who you are.

I plan on breaking you of that bad habit.

All that tells me is that you are really old.:D

pirate4state
06-14-2009, 08:50 PM
I have to reply to two posts at one time. You'll know who you are.

I plan on breaking you of that bad habit.

All that tells me is that you are really old.:D :hand: :D

DaHop72
06-14-2009, 08:53 PM
:thinking: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wildstangs
06-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Go Lakers Go!

DaHop72
06-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Go Lakers Go! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

wildstangs
06-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Been a Lakers fan since I was a youngun. Oh heck I am still a youngun haha. Really enjoyed watching Magic - Bird as a young kid.

I enjoy rooting for the Spurs should LA not make the finals.

WOS87
06-14-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Lakers but the fact that they are about to win the Finals in 5 games makes the Rockets look very good as the Rockets were the only team to force L.A. to a Game 7, and they were the only team to actually win a playoff game IN Los Angeles.

Looking4number8
06-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Really enjoyed watching Magic - Bird

:ditto: :2thumbsup :iagree:

Sweetwater Red
06-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Again two replies....

Thanks Dahop. But I have to ask...do you hate the Lakers more than yankees.:thinking:

As for you wildstang... I can't believe that I was five minutes away from driving to Arkansas to distract your inlaws while you escaped!:D

DaHop72
06-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Again two replies....

Thanks Dahop. But I have to ask...do you hate the Lakers more than yankees.:thinking:

As for you wildstang... I can't believe that I was five minutes away from driving to Arkansas to distract your inlaws while you escaped!:D Yes I do, stinking West Coast fans think they are better than anyone else.

wildstangs
06-14-2009, 09:18 PM
As for you wildstang... I can't believe that I was five minutes away from driving to Arkansas to distract your inlaws while you escaped!:D

Haha...I have had several escape attempts. Always get close to the fence and the guards throw that bright light on me from the tower.

Sweetwater Red
06-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Hahahaha wildstangs. It's all fun and games until the inlaws security guards taze you.:D

eagles_victory
06-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
I'm not a big fan of the Lakers but the fact that they are about to win the Finals in 5 games makes the Rockets look very good as the Rockets were the only team to force L.A. to a Game 7, and they were the only team to actually win a playoff game IN Los Angeles. Congrats on your moral victory are the Rockets going to have a parade in Houston for that?

BTW Denver won game 2 in LA.

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2009, 10:42 PM
I grew up a Laker fan and was one until my first time living in Dallas, I enjoyed watching the 3 Js Mavs so started following them

SintonFan
06-15-2009, 01:50 AM
NO!
The Lakers are absolutely horrible. In fact the Ponds only won because their coach worships the devil. Let me take that back... the puddles are cool to those who don't deserve to live in this GREAT STATE! One more thought: because we all know how small the "lala eye droplets" are, they can dissipate into nothingness and no one would know the difference...
:clap:

Farmersfan
06-15-2009, 09:28 AM
I know it is a pretty big cliche' but I would just love for Phil Jackson to actually coach a team that doesn't have Kobe, Shaq or Jordan. Perhaps if he could win with a average team without a supermegastar he might prove to me to be one of the best. Otherwise I think people should stop worshipping the guy.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-15-2009, 10:24 AM
i do not like bryant and his posse and never will

Emerson1
06-15-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't like all the bandwagon fans. Was in a Buffalo Wild Wings Thursday night and people were going psycho for the lakers

BuckeyeNut
06-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Hate them wish the one and out on them forever.:D

Maroon87
06-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Congrats on your moral victory are the Rockets going to have a parade in Houston for that?

BTW Denver won game 2 in LA.

Wow....bitter much?

big daddy russ
06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Let me just say that I have a strong, strong dislike for them, but respect the hell out of them. I hate watching Kobe, but only because there's nobody on this planet that can stop him from doing what he wants to do.

Sweetwater Red
06-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Let me just say that I have a strong, strong dislike for them, but respect the hell out of them. I hate watching Kobe, but only because there's nobody on this planet that can stop him from doing what he wants to do.

Detroit had the Jordan rules that worked effectively against
defending him...well until the Pistons got old. Now it's a different
game that allows the likes of Bryant, James, Wade etc. to fly to
the basket and get a foul called if they so much as get grazed on
the elbow. I know it's hypothetical. But if Kobe would have played
in the same era as Jordan he wouldn't look nearly as dominating
on the offensive end.

big daddy russ
06-15-2009, 12:37 PM
on the offensive end.
Yup. When Jordan came into his own, refs started calling the games a little tighter.

I wonder how LeBron and Kobe would've fared against the frontcourts of Mahorn/Rodman/Laimbeer and Parish/McHale/Bird. One free ticket to the rim would be all they'd get. I'd love to see how they'd respond to that type of physical play. Heck, I'd love to see how everyone in today's league would.

waterboy
06-15-2009, 12:44 PM
on the offensive end.
http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0156.gif I definitely agree with ya on that. I don't think Bryant or Wade are in the same category as Jordan, and wouldn't be nearly as dominant if they played in the same era as Jordan did. I think James would've still had the similar numbers in any era, though, because of his physical nature and abilities.

Sweetwater Red
06-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Yup. When Jordan came into his own, refs started calling the games a little tighter.

I wonder how LeBron and Kobe would've fared against the frontcourts of Mahorn/Rodman/Laimbeer and Parish/McHale/Bird. One free ticket to the rim would be all they'd get. I'd love to see how they'd respond to that type of physical play. Heck, I'd love to see how everyone in today's league would.

LeBron would do well simply because he is a beast. Those two
front courts would separate the men from the boys. With the
way Iverson and Wade play with reckless abandon I think they
would spend most of their careers injured. Oh wait they already
have.:rolleyes: I don't want to say Kobe would be irrelevent. But
I don't think he would be a superstar. As much as he cries and
complains about not getting calls I don't think he would be tough
enough for old school NBA.

Farmersfan
06-15-2009, 01:08 PM
I do think he would be a superstar. As much as he cries and

It gets really old watching these guys drive and jump right into the defenders and get the call. Add in the fact that they can walk a mile without being called and they are pretty much unstoppable.

PPSTATEBOUND
06-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Or basketball for that matter...:clap: thug ball is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO overrated.

big daddy russ
06-15-2009, 02:26 PM
I don't think he would be a superstar. As much as he cries and
I don't know about Kobe. It'd be easy for LeBron because he weighs more than anyone in the Pistons' frontcourt, but I still think Kobe would be great. Think about Dr. J and Dominique Wilkins. They weren't as much physical, post-up players as Kobe, but still carved out Hall of Fame careers.

Then again, the reason Kobe's more physical may be that he's never really been "tagged" since the 2004 Finals.

Sweetwater Red
06-15-2009, 03:11 PM
I don't know about Kobe. It'd be easy for LeBron because he weighs more than anyone in the Pistons' frontcourt, but I still think Kobe would be great. Think about Dr. J and Dominique Wilkins. They weren't as much physical, post-up players as Kobe, but still carved out Hall of Fame careers.

Then again, the reason Kobe's more physical may be that he's never really been "tagged" since the 2004 Finals.

Good points. Domininque Wilkins always reminded me of a poor
man's Jordan.

piratebg
06-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Can't stand the Lakers. Never could.

forum_guy
06-15-2009, 04:36 PM
laker haters get ready because they will once again be the favorites to win it all and all they need to do is sign ariza and odom back and you guys can sit back and watch them again

Maroon87
06-15-2009, 04:43 PM
I wonder if the Memphis GM gets a ring for giving them Pau Gasol in exchange for a case of Icy Hot?:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
06-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I know it is a pretty big cliche' but I would just love for Phil Jackson to actually coach a team that doesn't have Kobe, Shaq or Jordan. Perhaps if he could win with a average team without a supermegastar he might prove to me to be one of the best. Otherwise I think people should stop worshipping the guy.

U mean like how Red Aurebach had a top 3 center and one of the best backcourts when he was running the celtics?

come on..any coach who has one mulitple titles did it because they had the talent on the floor.

piratebg
06-15-2009, 04:45 PM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g221/mr_borat/Gifs/thnolakers.gif

Sweetwater Red
06-15-2009, 05:23 PM
What former player just said recently that all
Phil Jackson has ever had to do is call timeouts? Hahaha

I know it's not true obviously. But it was still
Funny.

eagles_victory
06-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Wow....bitter much?

:thinking: No what do I have to be bitter about? Im just saying typical Rocket fan having to pat Houston on the back you either won or you didnt and they didnt so who cares how close it was.